How long will you HODL, Really ?

At what point are you selling the majority of your XRP?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. At what point are you selling the majority of your XRP? (no matter how long it takes)

• $1.00
    • $2.00
    • $5.00
    • $10.00
    • $20.00
    • $100.00
    • $200.00+

So lets play a hypothetical game. (need something to do while we wait for XRP to rise)

If XRP hits .50c, are you selling all yours? $1.00? $2.00? $5.00 ? $20.00 ?

I know everyone "says" they will hodl for a long time ... but realistically do you think you will hodl out for $100 or more ? It may take years ...

I know for me, I have a plan @ $2.00 to sell a small amount ... then the rest can collect dust for a long time. I'm mentally prepared to go the long haul.

You ? Really? Do you have what it takes to really stick around for 2,3,4 5+ years and not be tempted to dump and move on?

How many millionaires will there be amongst us in 5 years ? I think this was likely the big mistake when Bitcoin went through the roof. The average Jill/Joe already sold and looking back are kicking their own a$$e$

Thoughts ?

Edited by Luschka
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a smart thing to do would be to HODL until @hodor and @mercury state on this forum that we have reached the mass adoption phase.

The largest BTC account is 119k coins. First entry this year. Place 3 (?) is 84k, first entry 2011 - this guy held 6 years - 100k usd turned into 327 mio. A hero. What I'm saying is that, th

Posted Images

We are totally counting our chickens before they hatch (but I do this often). I've been telling myself that at $100 I'll pull out a nice chunk and then sit back and hold until the price reaches the moon. But I'll continue to stay as educated as possible to make an informed decision when the time is right.

4 minutes ago, JamesRay said:

We are totally counting our chickens before they hatch (but I do this often). I've been telling myself that at $100 I'll pull out a nice chunk and then sit back and hold until the price reaches the moon. But I'll continue to stay as educated as possible to make an informed decision when the time is right.

We are, but speculation is fun in this space. Lots of information now and will be along the way to I hope, to make very well informed decisions.

27 minutes ago, JamesRay said:

When I first invested in XRP, I used to dream about $100.  Then, the more I learned about crypto and the various altcoins, the more I realized that that price is most likely a pipe dream that is damn near impossible to become a reality.  Most people make the market cap claim, but much more obvious (and accurate), is the token supply.  I know of no altcoin that has hit triple digits with such a large supply of coins like xrp has.  I would like to see it happen, but the max that I see is around $17, at which point I will be very happy.  But that would make it have a market cap 10x that of bitcoin currently and that makes it for a long ride before we see it.  I'd probably exit before that though.  $1.69 would make the market cap equal to that of bitcoins at the moment.  I really hope we see it happen!  

If it did hit $100, I would definitely be kicking myself in the lip.

Edited by CryptoLearner
13 minutes ago, CryptoLearner said:

When I first invested in XRP, I used to dream about $100.  Then, the more I learned about crypto and the various altcoins, the more I realized that that price is most likely a pipe dream that is damn near impossible to become a reality.  Most people make the market cap claim, but much more obvious (and accurate), is the token supply.  I know of no altcoin that has hit triple digits with such a large supply of coins like xrp has.  I would like to see it happen, but the max that I see is around $17, at which point I will be very happy.  I'd probably exit before that though.  If it did hit $100, I would definitely be kicking myself in the lip.

I feel the same way. A $200+ XRP price is definitely a fun thought but i'd probably die inside waiting years (or potentially forever) for that to happen.

My dream is to run my own business doing the thing I love, and i'll be able to do that with as little as 1$ per XRP! So i'm pretty excited to see what happens in the next 12 months. 

Edited by Morgan
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I feel the same way. A $200+ XRP price is definitely a fun thought but i'd probably die inside waiting years (or potentially forever) for that to happen.

My dream is to run my own business doing the thing I love, and i'll be able to do that with as little as 1$ per XRP! So i'm pretty excited to see what happens in the next 12 months. 

Its interesting....I mean does there come a point where XRP will stop going up?  Or will it continue to just increase?  That's the question.  if it is going to continue increasing then I would say unloading is a poor choice in general unless theres something you can divert the $ into that will make more than letting it ride in xrp.

4 minutes ago, CryptoLearner said:

If it is going to continue increasing then I would say unloading is a poor choice in general unless theres something you can divert the $ into that will make more than letting it ride in xrp.

At this time, it seems like the only thing to do would be to simply buy more XRPs while the price is still low, to have more to both unload at $x and hodl for $y...

This is the debate I was hoping for ;)

Without digging back on Google ... are these the same conversations the early Bitcoin investors had when it was pennies ?

Are XRP’s use case(s) so specialized that people think there is a finite limit to the price? Market Cap keeping everyone reserved?

Or simply is anything possible and we just don’t know?

7 minutes ago, Luschka said:

This is the debate I was hoping for ;)

Without digging back on Google ... are these the same conversations the early Bitcoin investors had when it was pennies ?

Are XRP’s use case(s) so specialized that people think there is a finite limit to the price? Market Cap keeping everyone reserved?

Or simply is anything possible and we just don’t know?

If we start to see hedge fund money coming into crypto and more investors buying xrp tokens I think the sky is the limit.  Add more and more banks joining forces, and it getting listed on more exchanges....the outer space is the limit....and then......TO THE MOON!

It's too exciting to think about the potential xrp has with hedge fund companies and investment firms getting involved as well as all the big banks plus general normie public adoption. I voted $20 but that will entirely depend on when, how and why as im sure it will for all of us. 

Would love an excuse to dust off the moon boots though. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.