mvenneau

Quick question for the og zerpers

Just curious if there was any set event or time frame or unspoken consensus on when there would be a point that xrp no longer seems viable. I dont mean from a functionality standpoint i mean as far as adoptability. What would have to occur to make xrp no longer an option? Or are people die hard until ripple loses hope in xrp? Ive made my decision already and intend on hodl was just curious as to others thoughts on this matter. Again what would have to happen to squash any hopes of xrp reaching the masses, aside from liquidity.

P.s this isnt coming from a place of impatience just curiosity

Edited by mvenneau

4 minutes ago, mvenneau said:

Just curious if there was any set event or time frame or unspoken consensus on when there would be a point that xrp no longer seems viable. I dont mean from a functionality standpoint i mean as far as adoptability. What would have to occur to make xrp no longer an option? Or are people die hard until ripple loses hope in xrp? Ive made my decision already and intend on hodl was just curious as to others thoughts on this matter. Again what would have to happen to squash any hopes of xrp reaching the masses, aside from liquidity.

Personally it would be when I can no longer consistently or dependably add or remove value from the network (ie. all gateways disappear). In this case XRP would be worth a bunch of digital zeroes as nothing can be redeemed or exchanged

Value would drop suddenly if all banks gave up on Ripple or some other dire event, but at this point I am in it for the technology and community.

9 minutes ago, mvenneau said:

One thing to look at would be major adoption of the ripple technology, but no actual purchase of the xrp token itself to drive the price up.  That's always a statement that some make about one of the cons of xrp.  I still think we can't expect to see anything but a price increase in the upcoming years.  People usually make other statements like "well what if bank A wants to use its own coin along w ripple technology instead of using xrp".  In my opinion that's a very stupid move -- as who is going to know about Bank A's coin, compared to the amount of people who already know about the top 5 altcoins.  You obviously want to adopt xrp early on if you are even getting involved in crypto in the first place because the top 10 are currently making major moves in the space to get to the point they are currently.

Edited by CryptoLearner

2 minutes ago, Mercury said:

Personally it would be when I can no longer consistently or dependably add or remove value from the network (ie. all gateways disappear). In this case XRP would be worth a bunch of digital zeroes as nothing can be redeemed or exchanged

Value would drop suddenly if all banks gave up on Ripple or some other dire event, but at this point I am in it for the technology and community.

So you mean if ripple were toactually just stop its network? I agree this community is awesome which is why im always posting on here. I appreciate the insights good to have an outward view.

9 minutes ago, CryptoLearner said:

One thing to look at would be major adoption of the ripple technology, but no actual purchase of the xrp token itself to drive the price up.  That's always a statement that some make about one of the cons of xrp.  I still think we can't expect to see anything but a price increase in the upcoming years.  People usually make other statements like "well what if bank A wants to use its own coin along w ripple technology instead of using xrp".  In my opinion that's a very stupid move -- as who is going to know about Bank A's coin, compared to the amount of people who already know about the top 5 altcoins.  You obviously want to adopt xrp early on if you are even getting involved in crypto in the first place because the top 10 are currently making major moves in the space to get to the point they are currently.

Let me pose this question. Why wouldnt a bank want to use xrp? Doesnt it speed up process even more and is slightly cheaper as well. Other than liquidity which theyre working hard on accomplishing through derivative markets etc. What would prevent this from being accepted? Egos? Competition really isnt an option in my mind. Looking for that shred of doubt i guess lol

15 minutes ago, mvenneau said:

Let me pose this question. Why wouldnt a bank want to use xrp? Doesnt it speed up process even more and is slightly cheaper as well. Other than liquidity which theyre working hard on accomplishing through derivative markets etc. What would prevent this from being accepted? Egos? Competition really isnt an option in my mind. Looking for that shred of doubt i guess lol

Here's one guys opinion: http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/dozens-banks-board-ripple-xrp/

26 minutes ago, mvenneau said:

So you mean if ripple were toactually just stop its network? I agree this community is awesome which is why im always posting on here. I appreciate the insights good to have an outward view.

Not quite. There was a time not so long ago when a lot of private and small exchanges existed (and covering more geographic regions to boot) . Increasing focus on KYC and Ripple's pivot to banks forced these small players out of the game. Then there was the closure of RippleTrade.

There was no immediate replacements and we were basically stuck with some ad hock wallets and Polonix. It was around then I considered my exit conditions. Since then we have several wallet options, more exchanges and the return of Ripple support (never went 100% away IMO).

Just now, Mercury said:

Oh you have no idea. There was Jed, mass dumping, the old forum closing (somehow most found this one), losing one of the first and easiest access points (SnapSwaps, BTC2Ripple bridge), losing Ripple names, constant hazing from other cryptos, government scrutiny of Ripple, Jed again, and Jed lawsuit...

There is a reason the old salts are holders- everyone else is already gone :P

You guys must be so desensitized now lol that explains why everyone in here is so helpful, you guys truly believe in this. Everyday im reaffirmed of my position. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Zerps A Lot said:

Hold until the entire world collapses from Nuclear warfare and the only currency left are old cola bottle caps used to buy scraps of garbage.

Then, and only then, will i believe XRP is no longer viable. 

Lol Hmm i think youre on to something with these bottle caps, time to start collecting!

27 minutes ago, Mercury said:

Oh you have no idea. There was Jed, mass dumping, the old forum closing (somehow most found this one), losing one of the first and easiest access points (SnapSwaps, BTC2Ripple bridge), losing Ripple names, constant hazing from other cryptos, government scrutiny of Ripple, Jed again, and Jed lawsuit...

You forgot R3 :) 

28 minutes ago, Mercury said:

daaaaaiiiiiimnnnnnnn .. Respect !