mvenneau

Making xrp 90 percent portfolio?

30 minutes ago, Dan1 said:

I don't think most people here is interested in slow growth.

slow and certain investment is for retired people:D sure we love the rollercoaster mate.

30 minutes ago, Dan1 said:

Crypto currency investment is still rated as an extremely high risk investment class very similar to derivatives

The only difference is that in a derivatives market, depending on the instrument you trade you generally bet against the jackal traders of Chase, City or etc. And here there are whales. I myself prefer the bots and whales here;) no margin calls no carrying cost if you don't margin trade. At least I belive we have more chance here

Edited by Leo

1 hour ago, Leo said:

I am just enjoying the smaller waves to surf while waiting for the tusunami wave:beach:

I cannot srgue any of your points. I agree xrp is long hold and id love to play around in other coins time being which i may very well end up doing. But i like vaue investing. I like the point u made about shorting etc. I guess im still looking for a reason not to throw everything at xrp currently lol. I cannot srgue the fsct that the room for growth short term is much higher in other coins. I am upset i missed kyber ico 50 cents to 17 dollars talk about a come up...

10 minutes ago, mvenneau said:

I am upset i missed kyber ico 50 cents to 17 dollars talk about a come up...

Mate. there are more than a thousand alts out there and look at bittrex there is certainly one making more than 100% gain everday. so what if you lost that opportunity? There will be many many of them. I wish you didn't missed that but it's not the deal. We can not find the winner of the day:) find a one that fits you. for me it is Ripple. and wait in patience. İt is not gamblimg take it as an investment that you can redesign your portfolio.

6 minutes ago, Leo said:

Mate. there are more than a thousand alts out there and look at bittrex there is certainly one making more than 100% gain everday. so what if you lost that opportunity? There will be many many of them. I wish you didn't missed that but it's not the deal. We can not find the winner of the day:) find a one that fits you. for me it is Ripple. and wait in patience. İt is not gamblimg take it as an investment that you can redesign your portfolio.

This is a pretty solid ideology and im thinking about adopting it. Youre right the gains on all these coins are significant. I just saw true promise in Kyber like xrp and i still will just have to wait for opportune moment. Only so many coins that have a solid team behind them and that stand out as unique to the rest.  What is your view on Stellar? (keeping past ripple relationships out of it). Seems cheap enough, my view is theres only slim amount of investors currently in the market so everything is bound to grow at some point, especially those with solutions to real world issues. I feel like a kid in a candystore for stumbling across cryptos 2 weeks ago I think its a great opportunity for everyone in their youth as long as you take the proper precautions and not get super greedy. Any coin can close down shop tmrw and you will be left scratching your head haha. 

Side side topic but whats with these hedge funds popping up? Just random websites giving away huge gains to people and they all just hop on board, Bitconnect for example. How do people not see how scammy that is? Hasnt anyone heard the saying if its too good to be true it usually is? Lol. Greed is a huge motivator of the market plus a lack of education. (I do not claim to be an investment expert, just person of good rationale)

Mate you seem to be greedy enough:P stay calm. don't try to jump from one to another everyday. You can not beat the market they say;) Hold on xrp. my  thougths for sure. can not guarantee antyhing . It is your money, your choices and the results:D

Edited by Leo

8 hours ago, teddybear said:

100% here.

Simple logic. If 90% in xrp don't make you rich, the the 10% in XYZ coin won't turn around your situation either.

F portfolios. One concentrated bet and that's it.

Exception: you are a whale and even small price gains will secure you financially, then OK, diversify. But then you don't need to get rich anyway, cuz u already are.

Yes this is very true ive taken into consideration price evaluations from developers so I can find my happy margin lol. I'm currently in a position where i'm doing well for myself and feel like this is a real opportunity for commonwealth to move up in social status. I love hearing how people are making millions in the crypto world, regular people like you and me who believe in this tech. Not everyday you can find something that empowers everyone and actually makes a difference to the world. Exciting times we are apart of currently I must say. I'm just trying to stay objective to the coins and not have a "To the moon" attitude. I am willing to lose every penny i'm investing currently, at the end of the day id rather say "Oh well" than "What if". 

13 minutes ago, Leo said:

Mate you seem to be greedy enough:P stay calm. don't try to jump from one to another everyday. You can not beat the market they say;) Hold on xrp. my  thougths for sure. can not guarantee antyhing . It is your money, your choices and the results:D

Ive researched this tech for solid 2 weeks and only invested maybe 5 percent of what im thinking about currently. Im definitely looking at the potential gains, like anyone in here is yes. But if greed was motivating me I would have a little higher standing atm? I listed 2 techs that seem promising, no more no less. I made comments on "day trading" in other coins with a side set of money. I pose this question to hear others in this communities investment strategies, again I am new to crypto world as a whole. But to say "greed" is my  motivator implies i have no logical approach only emotional to my investments which is kinda insulting.

Edited by mvenneau

6 minutes ago, Leo said:

as they say, don't fall in love with your investments:) 

Lol take a snippet of what i said so it supports your thought, youre delusional bro and shows youve found fault in your judgement. Dont make assumptions in the future, I hear it only makes an *** out of you.....and me. Thought this was a place of debate. Take care leo good luck on your investments lmao. 

Edited by mvenneau

I'm in about 90% xrp... 10% omg.  yes as someone said here, the other 10% ain't gonna make me rich (but it can help a little).  I've also started putting $500 - $1000 a month in decent, researched ico's.  Hoping they will generate some revenue in the future :)  I just don't see the point of putting my salary in my bank anymore

8 hours ago, Dan1 said:

Diversifying a portfolio is when you diversify your investment across different asset classes

Cash, Term Deposit, Precious Metals, Government Bonds, Property Invest Trust, Local Shares, International Shares, Junk Bonds, Now Crypto Currency

Exactly, when the market crashed even stock portfolios that were diversified were affected, not because they were intertwined with the housing market, but because most major companies had exposure to the same banks.  So, they weren't very diversified after all, because most of them had exposure to the same risk.  Getting exposure to different asset classes is why I looked into crypto in the first place, but after a while I figured out that crypto in general has more potential than I would have ever thought.  There will be exciting times ahead.