mvenneau

Making xrp 90 percent portfolio?

1 hour ago, mvenneau said:

Thinking xrp and 10 percent eth, thoughts?

100% here.

Simple logic. If 90% in xrp don't make you rich, the the 10% in XYZ coin won't turn around your situation either.

F portfolios. One concentrated bet and that's it.

Exception: you are a whale and even small price gains will secure you financially, then OK, diversify. But then you don't need to get rich anyway, cuz u already are.

Once I used to have a 100% XRP, I dropped it to 50% at the last 3 months. Also it depends on your investment size. If you think it is small to diversify, go for a certain coin, but as baggy23 said, diversifing it would reduce your risk.

10 minutes ago, Leo said:

Once I used to have a 100% XRP, I dropped it to 50% at the last 3 months. Also it depends on your investment size. If you think it is small to diversify, go for a certain coin, but as baggy23 said, diversifing it would reduce your risk.

Risk of...?

Ruin? - the moment you are invested anywhere or have money in a bank you have risk of ruin. Unquantifiable.

Risk of Volatility? - LOL. I'll take it. Thanks for assuring me a nice avg price as I buy on schedule..

Diversification is a rip-off.

18 minutes ago, Leo said:

You made poor Markowitz turned upside down in his grave mate:D

Maybe. Or I just maybe know that diversification is good for the one selling you it. If you own only one asset, I'll hardly get you to sell it for another one, because of conviction. So a distributor is not gonna make any transactional revenues from you.

But, if you have a portfolio I can get you to do some shifting, you know, "tactical/strategical allocation" or "opportunisic calls" and further BS. In no time I have turned over 50-100% of your portfolio at a cost of avg 1,5%.

How does that look like compared to a 0.3-0.5% annual management fee or a lousy 0.08-0.15% custody fee?

Or how do you think ROI on a client portfolio can get to 1.30-1.80% if management fees are only 0.3-0.5%?

I've been long enough in the investment fund industry to know how the game goes.

Diversification is not for people who want to make money but keep it/not loose it.

I'm in the first group. Speaking of... lemme add some more zerps :D

20 minutes ago, teddybear said:

I'm in the first group

so we are on the same boat:)

But I just considered btc as an index and decided to invest in higher-beta coins and eventually made my XRP investing 30% greater. Because except the spike at august xrp was not performing well against btc. Although I am not expecting much from SWELL I think I will switch back to 100% XRP portfolio a week before.

26 minutes ago, Leo said:

so we are on the same boat:)

But I just considered btc as an index and decided to invest in higher-beta coins and eventually made my XRP investing 30% greater. Because except the spike at august xrp was not performing well against btc. Although I am not expecting much from SWELL I think I will switch back to 100% XRP portfolio a week before.

I agree!

By no means did i imply a whale haha. I agree teddy thats my approach. People are riding these tiny waves of doubt and uncertainty i wanna get into something with more than an empty promise. Im just hesitant on xrp seems too good be true lmao. I like the fact that wth coins u can set into a cold wallet and never have to cash out u just lose i itial investment whereas stocks ur stuck in it no matter what it does. Potential for profits are massive. You dont feel eth is a solid investment having ethereum alliance group backing? Only matter time before it raises price eventually.

If you believe in investing in a diversified portfolio, by diversify in other crypto currencies won't necessarily reduce your risk by much.

Crypto currency investment is still rated as an extremely high risk investment class very similar to derivatives.

Diversifying a portfolio is when you diversify your investment across different asset classes

Cash, Term Deposit, Precious Metals, Government Bonds, Property Invest Trust, Local Shares, International Shares, Junk Bonds, Now Crypto Currency

I don't think most people here is interested in slow growth.

21 minutes ago, Dan1 said:

If you believe in investing in a diversified portfolio, by diversify in other crypto currencies won't necessarily reduce your risk by much.

Crypto currency investment is still rated as an extremely high risk investment class very similar to derivatives.

Diversifying a portfolio is when you diversify your investment across different asset classes

Cash, Term Deposit, Precious Metals, Government Bonds, Property Invest Trust, Local Shares, International Shares, Junk Bonds, Now Crypto Currency

I don't think most people here is interested in slow growth.

If i have to wait 5-10 years to become a millionare thats much sooner than a lifetime haha. Alot people chasing quick buck on other coins and thats most investors arguments. I just say wait for the truth ti reveal itself. So many bogus coins.