Ripplefor7years

A little bit more of history and opinion. . .

In 1993 1% of information was communicated via the internet, in 2000 51% and by 2007 97% of telecommunicated information was via the internet. A 14 year span for telecommunicated info to be absorbed completely in society via the net. 

IMO, blockchain is equivalent to the internet and alt coins built upon blockchain technology are equivalent to the companies that were built upon the internet. 

In my humble opinion, complete utilization of a digital asset as a store of value will not take place until the boomer generation has passed. There are still people who use checks, pay with cash, don't have a debit card, don't use email, and don't know a browser from a website. Not to say all boomers are like this, but many still are. Not to mention the remaining older generation which unfortunately doesn't count for a large % any longer. 

Also, many many initial internet companies failed during the bubble, and the strong innovative ones survived, i.e, AOL, 😉😉

With that being said, crypto currency with actual utility attached to it, such as XRP, will be integrated fully into society at a rapid pace. ( yes, 7 years is rapid to change the operations of world banks). 

BTC has 25X from here, XRP in my opinion has 500X within 7 years. 

Some on this post have asked me to share my research, however I feel I would be doing s great disservice by doing so. Every investor should spend enough time doing their own work to decide their own opinion based upon their individual situation. 

My work was done to allow me to decide which crypto I would choose. XRP won. 

BTW: i didn't know anything about blockchain a month ago. I took the time to read everything I could on the subject and everything about Ripple/XRP along with comparing to the many other crypto alternatives. I suggest everyone do the same. 

Not everyone knows what to research is the problem. Not everyone understands coding language. It's like telling someone from the early 90's or before that in a few years you'll be able to communicate and transmit all the info in the world through a small plastic box. It's like deciphering hyroglyphics. At least that's how I found it. Can't speak for others. 

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Not everyone knows what to research is the problem. Not everyone understands coding language. It's like telling someone from the early 90's or before that in a few years you'll be able to communicate and transmit all the info in the world through a small plastic box. It's like deciphering hyroglyphics. At least that's how I found it. Can't speak for others. 

That's actually what led me to Ripple and XRP. I still don't really understand what blockchain is, but I do know about bank payments and settlements and international funds transfer and SWIFT. That alone was enough to help me decide to finally buy in  

9 minutes ago, Rob12 said:

That's actually what led me to Ripple and XRP. I still don't really understand what blockchain is, but I do know about bank payments and settlements and international funds transfer and SWIFT. That alone was enough to help me decide to finally buy in  

Agreed here. 

It may take as long as you suggest but I don't see boomers having much to do with holding back adoption.  Firstly, most boomers aren't the way you describe.  The technology penetration rate may be slower as a demographic gets older, but tech adoption is still at unprecedented rates across all age categories.  This is most apparent in the shift from brick and mortars to online shopping and banking.  

Blockchains, DLTs, ect are in perfect position to dominate the global financial world.  The vast majority of banking customers would leave their bank if there were better options that met their needs.  https://www.cnbc.com/2015/05/19/cent-of-customers-happy-with-their-bank-study.html

So it would seem to me that it's not whether a specific demographic is willing to come on board...it's that this space has failed to deliver solutions that average everyday people actually want to use and find value in.  IMO, the adoption of any digital assets or networks is really up to us and the products we build that deliver what consumers want.

Edited by Coinseeker

3 hours ago, Coinseeker said:

It may take as long as you suggest but I don't see boomers having much to do with holding back adoption.  Firstly, most boomers aren't the way you describe.  The technology penetration rate may be slower as a demographic gets older, but tech adoption is still at unprecedented rates across all age categories.  This is most apparent in the shift from brick and mortars to online shopping and banking.  

Blockchains, DLTs, ect are in perfect position to dominate the global financial world.  The vast majority of banking customers would leave their bank if there were better options that met their needs.  https://www.cnbc.com/2015/05/19/cent-of-customers-happy-with-their-bank-study.html

So it would seem to me that it's not whether a specific demographic is willing to come on board...it's that this space has failed to deliver solutions that average everyday people actually want to use and find value in.  IMO, the adoption of any digital assets or networks is really up to us and the products we build that deliver what consumers want.

Digital assets such as bitcoin "dominating" the global financial world will not take place unless you believe bitcoin is going to over take the USD as the world currency. This will not happen unless the powers that control world central banks decide that's in their best interest. Rothschild family does not lose. Such that USD was established as the world reserve currency at Bretton Woods backed by Gold. When Nixon took us off the gold standard we allowed the world reserve currency to be a fiat backed by the full faith and credit of the United States. If the US dollar fails or is replaced too fast we'll all have more to worry about than how digital tokens are going to perform. It would be disastrous for the world economy, and almost so much so that it's a near impossibility. 

Chances are digital assets with no utility value such as bitcoin will be volatile in price for many years to come. Adoption of bitcoin as a means of payment to a merchant comes with many risks to the corporate bottom line. I.E. If a company sells product X for $50 and has a 60% profit margin yet the currency they are being paid has the possibility to fluctuate 10-15% in a day then they immediately have digital asset exposure. (XRP Ripple could be a great solution for immediate conversion to fiat) I do think merchants will be forced to accept digital assets but not until they have conversion methods in place to immediately convert to fiat, unless their corporate risk appetite is of the speculative nature and they don't mind storing risk on their books. 

Anyhow, most boomers I know are probably not going to exchange their greenbacks for Satoshi. Not until central banks say yes, will it be accepted 100%. They are going to get their toes wet with Ripple/XRP first, before they incorporate bitcoin. Having the ability to move the funds quicker, cheaper, and faster is more important than a pure store of value. 

Bitcoin=gold, silver

Ripple/XRP=revolutionary innovation which will assist in incorporating the blockchain crypto world in its entirety. 

21 minutes ago, Ripplefor7years said:

Digital assets such as bitcoin "dominating" the global financial world will not take place unless you believe bitcoin is going to over take the USD as the world currency...

I don't believe Bitcoin will ever dominate the world.  If it could have it would have already.  What I believe is that Ripple will give the people access to all things of value and the people will decide for themselves what assets they prefer.  Ultimately they'll realize, it doesn't matter what name you call an asset by...value is value.  Thus, the people may choose reward points or airline miles as their value store of choice.  Or maybe they'll just stick to good old USD.  Who knows.  What matters is not what assets will "win" but rather that all things of value can be used.  That's freedom.

Edited by Coinseeker