Sebastian

Ripple, XRP, and the Future

4 hours ago, teddybear said:

Care to share what you find good?

I am actually not making any additional purchases right now as there is too much chaos in the market.  But I might in the future start a thread in the alt-coin section with my thoughts.  If I do, I will be sure to tag you.  You have a fairly unique username.  :lol:

13 hours ago, jdimstrnate said:
14 hours ago, missdaboat said:
I just need it to go to $250 to retire.  Own 4,000 XRP., so that's $1mil usd.
It's enough for me. Buy 2 houses, stay in one and rent out the other.

You are better off using it to buy an apartment complex. More doors and higher return. This allows you to use the proceeds to replace ur whole income hopefully

As someone that worked as a risk manager for a company that built and managed multifamily apartment communities, you only make money off of volume. In other words, one apartment complex isn't going to make you or the owner (your client) any money. The companies that are making money have at least 40k units. That seems to be the target to reach with management companies and owners. 

8 hours ago, Sebastian said:

I am actually not making any additional purchases right now as there is too much chaos in the market.  But I might in the future start a thread in the alt-coin section with my thoughts.  If I do, I will be sure to tag you.  You have a fairly unique username.  :lol:

Thx mate. Following you.

My best female friend calls me like that. I'm a cuddly romantic and a big softie after all :D

21 hours ago, zerpdigger said:

no way xrp has been any kind of success

What do you mean? How can you say that? Stop spreading fud.

See what i did there? I took a portion of your sentence out of context. Now if you read the whole context of what i wrote i was saying ( we could compare xrp to google BUT again two dissimilars - i.e that would also be as wrong as comparing it to Netflix )

23 hours ago, TheXRPer said:

As someone that worked as a risk manager for a company that built and managed multifamily apartment communities, you only make money off of volume. In other words, one apartment complex isn't going to make you or the owner (your client) any money. The companies that are making money have at least 40k units. That seems to be the target to reach with management companies and owners. 

I guess if it were to hit 200.00 depending on how many XRP you have that might be attainable.

I can't see XRP getting to $200 ... I think what is realistic is a bump to $1 or maybe $2 if the Swell conference announces live production users, as well as the date of the first XRP escrow sales. The hype will drive it to that range.

As time goes on, and more companies and FIs come on board, people will start to see that XRP is not Bitcoin - and not tied to it. That disassociation is critical, and will then spur more growth in XRP value as this key point I think it getting missed:

FI's and companies utilizing XRP for settlement are investing in an infrastructure, and that infrastructure may be small at first but will blossom with time. In buying XRP for settlement and transaction costs, and then again in the monthly XRP liquidity sales - they are in effect "guaranteeing value" of XRP ...

What Crypto our there has such a guarantee? The more usage of XRP that occurs, and the more monthly XRP escrow sales mount, you are almost getting XRP as a bond than you are a risky asset.

Talk about a differentiator in the crypto-space ...

I've gotten to the point that I don't think in the grand scale what the price is.  The price is important but its largely the number of XRP in holding for me.  By taking 10% of my holdings and trading for more and achieving a goal x number of XRPs then my ultimate goal of exiting with 10Mil dollars becomes a closer reality.    So price is awesome however the number of XRP is also equally important.

I dream big by taking little steps.