Whitie

Why is Ripple dropping? Any real answers?

I don't think that people should make it into a political joke, lIke what the president may or may not have said. I'm being serious. I don't understand why it's been dropping today. Any ideas? 

When you google that question you get many searches of the same question and many have the same or similar answers which in the wind up there is no known concrete answer, that I can see anyway. Maybe there are some savy peeps on this site that can better answer the question.

I posted this in another thread but this is my theory: 

The price is plummeting because the news, along w the banks are trying to crash the BTC price.  CNN released a story about BTC being hacked on South Korean exchanges by North Korea to fund Kim Jong Un's missle buying.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/12/technology/north-korea-hackers-bitcoin/index.html

Then Jamie Dimon released a statement calling Bitcoin a scam, saying it will blowup like a tulip and threatening to fire any of his traders who traded it.  All of course while he is quietly buying it up and holding it himself.  ******* imbecile.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/12/jpmorgan-ceo-jamie-dimon-raises-flag-on-trading-revenue-sees-20-percent-fall-for-the-third-quarter.html

The banks are scrambling HARD.  Terrified.  HODL.

Edited by CryptoLearner

No worries, it's all a big play of words and PR setting the stage for those directly involved. As long as we HODL we will be fine, the price will rise and it will rise high... one day.

This is a perfect example of how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. They play with the market the way we play our Xboxes. That's how Joe Kennedy made his fortunes, manipulation of the market with play of words and public PR. What a world of titans we live in.  

Edited by Peyton

34 minutes ago, CryptoLearner said:

I posted this in another thread but this is my theory: 

The price is plummeting because the news, along w the banks are trying to crash the BTC price.  CNN released a story about BTC being hacked on South Korean exchanges by North Korea to fund Kim Jong Un's missle buying.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/12/technology/north-korea-hackers-bitcoin/index.html

Then Jamie Dimon released a statement calling Bitcoin a scam, saying it will blowup like a tulip and threatening to fire any of his traders who traded it.  All of course while he is quietly buying it up and holding it himself.  ******* imbecile.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/12/jpmorgan-ceo-jamie-dimon-raises-flag-on-trading-revenue-sees-20-percent-fall-for-the-third-quarter.html

The banks are scrambling HARD.  Terrified.  HODL.

It's an amusing statement coming from Jamie Dimon how bitcoin is a scam yet i wonder what he calls the Federal Reserve when they print bills, robbing everyone of bits and pieces of their purchasing power (inflation) while they slap names on them saying "legal tender", every time the Feds do this for QE'ing? I also thought JPMorgan was part of some of the biggest gold/silver fix frauds we've seen (along with HSBC)? It's only that Wall Street and their cronies, whether it be JPMorgan or Goldman Sachs, are really........just bigger rackets...bigger cartels.....for now.

1 minute ago, posetranos said:

It's an amusing statement coming from Jamie Dimon how bitcoin is a scam yet i wonder what he calls the Federal Reserve when they print bills, robbing everyone of bits and pieces of their purchasing power (inflation) while they slap names on them saying "legal tender", every time the Feds do this for QE'ing? I also thought JPMorgan was part of some of the biggest gold/silver fix frauds we've seen (along with HSBC)? It's only that Wall Street and their cronies, whether it be JPMorgan or Goldman Sachs, are really........just bigger rackets...bigger cartels.....for now.

Aman... hollow luya You hit the nail directly on the head.