nexus5

Higher Transaction Costs

I keep laughing when someone states that Ripple owns XRP holders any explanation or immediate response. They are waaaay more open than most corporations ever will be. More of a small start-up type of communication which I do appreciate.

XRP is not company shares and Ripple owns us nothing. If you believe so, you got the into the wrong crypto.

Edited by bm32533476

Do you ever considered a fee escalation based on users instead of global network? What I mean is why should I pay more XRP fees when someone else is spamming the network? Is it hard to escalate fees only for some accounts/IPs? I think with accounts it would be pretty easy but gameable just opening different accounts.

2 minutes ago, tulo said:

Do you ever considered a fee escalation based on users instead of global network? What I mean is why should I pay more XRP fees when someone else is spamming the network? Is it hard to escalate fees only for some accounts/IPs? I think with accounts it would be pretty easy but gameable just opening different accounts.

Would this leave open the possibility of a malicious actor cheaply coordinating spam from thousands of machines/IPs?

Just now, cmbartley said:

Would this leave open the possibility of a malicious actor cheaply coordinating spam from thousands of machines/IPs?

Yeah, this is why it should be carefully planned. But remember that having thousands of machine is not cheap, not in terms of XRP to open accounts nor in hardware :)

1 minute ago, cmbartley said:

Only for the first few transaction- each IPs would then scale as well

On 9/12/2017 at 10:09 PM, Xrphunter said:

It is strange.....really

LOL STRANGE ???????????????? I PAY THEM 20 xrp  I SWEAR TO GOD

I thought it was okay. 

Guy's come  on let's talk about this for a sec.

Just saw a 202 XRP fee on the Ripplenet using @pftq 's  useful site: TheWorldExchange.net ....   that is more than I had in the wallet.   I'm trying to trade tiny mounts to inch upwards my holding, and the fee is bigger than my potential gain.   :) 

I'm forced out until it's fixed.   Sigh....     :) 

7 hours ago, beyond73 said:

It could be a mechanism to ensure those who are willing to pay more fees can get their transactions done first. 

You mean like the idea that Brad was throwing around in the interview of automated cars tipping each other to overtake in traffic? 

The idea doesn't sound TOO far fetched

7 hours ago, beyond73 said:

It could be a mechanism to ensure those who are willing to pay more fees can get their transactions done first. 

It is, but there are some problems right now, because that mechanism should kick in when there are lots of transactions, not when there are 5-10 TPS...

1 minute ago, tulo said:

It is, but there are some problems right now, because that mechanism should kick in when there are lots of transactions, not when there are 5-10 TPS...

Yes that's true....   and also when it does kick in, it shouldn't be this high....   the fees are meant to be miniscule....  So an elevated miniscule is still minute... not like these current fees are now.

3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Yes that's true....   and also when it does kick in, it shouldn't be this high....   the fees are meant to be miniscule....  So an elevated miniscule is still minute... not like these current fees are now.

Well I imagine 100 XRP could be a fee if the network is really ddosed, something like 3k TPS. And still is too high, because none could afford an attack of 300k XRP (60kUSD) per second.