Jump to content
nexus5

Higher Transaction Costs

Recommended Posts

I noticed a bunch of orders on an exchange in Korea earlier today. Each for 21 xrp. What was interesting is that the exchange doesn't have support in their api for ripple so it was at least 12-15 orders all for 21xrp each. Caught my eye and made me wonder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

I noticed a bunch of orders on an exchange in Korea earlier today. Each for 21 xrp. What was interesting is that the exchange doesn't have support in their api for ripple so it was at least 12-15 orders all for 21xrp each. Caught my eye and made me wonder. 

That is a curious amount. Does one of the exchanges there offer wallet activation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mercury said:

That is a curious amount. Does one of the exchanges there offer wallet activation?

Poloniex does. it charge me 20 xrp to open my wallet though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also noticed that more than half a million XRP were burned in transaction costs in last 24-48 hours........it took like 6 months to burn another half mil.....interesting......B)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, programa said:

I have also noticed that more than half a million XRP were burned in transaction costs in last 24-48 hours........it took like 6 months to burn another half mil.....interesting......B)

 

Err...is that really the true number? *scratches his head*

EDIT: tomxcs posted a possible reason (?) in like the same second as me xD 

Edited by Kiir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Guess it's something else. Metrics do not show a particular high number of TX?
Remember there was in the past some small bug (explained by @JoelKatz) that caused a similar spike. 

spike was on 9:00 with average fee of 51XRP :o If it was a spam attack, it sure wasn't a cheap one :) 

Snip20170912_5.png

Edited by kanaas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.....Maybe they are testing something, some Live remittances or stuff, one hour here, one hour there; like when you are in a village and they cut electricity cause of like a fallen tree on power lines; they reboot the feed in stages, 10 minute line test, hour test, then finally, Live Feed - Full Grid Connectivity........:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Guess it's something else. Metrics do not show a particular high number of TX?
Remember there was in the past some small bug (explained by @JoelKatz) that caused a similar spike. 

Good point - I just saw the spike on the charts metrics yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, programa said:

.....Maybe they are testing something, some Live remittances or stuff, one hour here, one hour there; like when you are in a village and they cut electricity cause of like a fallen tree on power lines; they reboot the feed in stages, 10 minute line test, hour test, then finally, Live Feed - Full Grid Connectivity........:unsure:

Well....it would depend whether real XRP were burned or not, right? XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×