BDD

Ripple 4th on market cap but 96th on public interest

Hi guys, 

I know that this is just a measure of their Alexa ranking and bing search results (who uses bing?!) but I still found it shocking how so many other coins coin be beating it in public interest considering I have never heard of half of them. The only reason I could guess is that people who search for Ripple are smart enough not to use Bing? 

https://www.coingecko.com/en (The column on the right, Public interest)

Guest dfault123

There's a fairly straighforward method to increase alexa rank illegitimately. I'm pretty sure most sh!tcoins are doing just that.

Many of my friends that are trading crypto coins also don't like XRP as they say "it's owned by a company who wants to work with banks, so what is new about it? the logic is the same, only the technology is different and that is inspired by bitcoin" 

1 minute ago, Leo said:

Many of my friends that are trading crypto coins also don't like XRP as they say "it's owned by a company who wants to work with banks, so what is new about it? the logic is the same, only the technology is different and that is inspired by bitcoin" 

Again they are not paying attention what ripple is. All they want to do is they "hate banks" blah blah blah 

6 minutes ago, Xrphunter said:

All they want to do is they "hate banks" blah blah blah 

Yes absolutely rigth and I don't know how to convince them, I sent a many links, articles, posts from this chat, about what Ripple is, but they simple hate it. And believe me there are many many people like them. Ripple's reputation so same for XRP is not very good in the world of crypto

2 minutes ago, Leo said:

Yes absolutely rigth and I don't know how to convince them, I sent a many links, articles, posts from this chat, about what Ripple is, but they simple hate it. And believe me there are many many people like them. Ripple's reputation so same for XRP is not very good in the world of crypto

Whats new by the way? In crypto community ripple is the outcast. You dont need to convince them. Its their money, not yours....as long as you know ripple and the potential of its use case, its enough.

2 minutes ago, Xrphunter said:

Whats new by the way? In crypto community ripple is the outcast. You dont need to convince them. Its their money, not yours....as long as you know ripple and the potential of its use case, its enough.

Imagine THAT MOMENT when they realize they have been wrong :good: 

41 minutes ago, Leo said:

think about it in this way: we do not need the few retail investors to help boost xrp prices. all we need is the demand from banks :)  not sure if you guys have listened to the podcast interview with Brad Garlinghouse but it is pretty insightful! 

3 hours ago, BDD said:

Hi guys, 

I know that this is just a measure of their Alexa ranking and bing search results (who uses bing?!) but I still found it shocking how so many other coins coin be beating it in public interest considering I have never heard of half of them. The only reason I could guess is that people who search for Ripple are smart enough not to use Bing? 

Quiet!   Some of them might be watching! :P

The main reason I dislike Bing is their truly awful translation service on Twitter.  I mean bad... the Japanese interpretations are unintelligible unless I run it through Google translate. 

4 hours ago, BDD said:

Hi guys, 

The public used to be really into, pet rocks, no money down ARMs, snuggies, and Crocs too, so don't put too much stock in the majority opinion...

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

Quiet!   Some of them might be watching! :P

The main reason I dislike Bing is their truly awful translation service on Twitter.  I mean bad... the Japanese interpretations are unintelligible unless I run it through Google translate. 

I know right? Ah well Microsoft can't have it all I guess. 

1 hour ago, SimpleLife said:

The public used to be really into, pet rocks, no money down ARMs, snuggies, and Crocs too, so don't put too much stock in the majority opinion...

Oh I know believe me. If anything has convinced me that the general public are meat popsicles (besides 7 years of customer service when I was younger) is that more adults own Fidget spinners (which kind of look like XRP coin) rather than actual XRP. I just found it weird that so many low MC / Liquidity coins had way more publicity compared but as I said it's probably down to how CoinGecko measures "Public exposure" with Bing searchers and Alexa rating as their indicators. 

Edited by BDD

Without going through all 100, I found 10 with lower rankings in the first 30 cryptos. Hence Ripple should be considerably higher than 96/100. Not that it matters though since this metric is useless.

Not to mention, how are they parsing false positives for "steem" when someone is actually trying to search "steam", but spells it incorrectly in Bing? Same goes with any other crypto that coincides with a common word/term (i.e.  verge, waves, status, etc.).