Dutch_ins

12th september - what are the expectations

Yea, I'd love to get a Ripple coffee mug (getting tired of these cardboard coffee cups at my new job).

A t-shirt would be nice too, although I'm usually such a hit with the ladies I can just imagine if I start wearing some cryptocurrency swag what my success ratio would then become.. although I can't imagine it can go below 0 anyway.

On topic - hopefully there will be some interesting topics covered. (I'd probably be busy debugging some Indian code all week long anyway so I might even forget there will be agenda announced)

Ripple teeeted that it would be "mind blowing".  Quite a bold (hyperbolic?) assessment.  They also tweeted in Japanese which is an interesting signal.  I am hoping for a surprise big name speaker(s) that will reveal more about the state of rollout or about new big partnerships. But we'll see. 

3 minutes ago, MatinMontreal said:

Ripple teeeted that it would be "mind blowing".  Quite a bold (hyperbolic?) assessment.  They also tweeted in Japanese which is an interesting signal.  I am hoping for a surprise big name speaker(s) that will reveal more about the state of rollout or about new big partnerships. But we'll see. 

I try not to be overly enthusiastic or pessimistic... but in my opinion (guess) how the heck could you fill THREE whole days with just minor stuff. There has to be something big in there, also I expect a drought in news up to the conference as they have three days to fill - why would they waste any news in the run up. 

My personal thoughts are more detail on the SBI platform and the Japanese banks. XRP will go live for inefficient corridors I hope (this could just be a dream though) if not in Oct this will happen in 2018

4 hours ago, Sebastian said:

I have no expectations.  I think the additional details on Swell only matters a lot to two types of "investors":

• Day traders who are looking to make a profit
  • Crypto bros who are hoping to be able to go lambo shopping by the end of the year  :lol:
  • Day traders who are looking to make a profit expand their positions.

Fixed, for myself anyway. :P