AlexCobb

Ripple Is Up While all other currencies are down, my thoughts

11 minutes ago, calex960 said:

unlike most cryptocurrencies, ripple provides a real world use case that would advance global commerce, every other coin is just speculation while Ripple can solve a real world problem

BTC has more real usage at the moment.

XRP? Not quite there yet. 

2 minutes ago, calex960 said:

high transaction fees, slow transaction times, not scalable. this won't allow Bitcoin to undergo mass adoption

But in reality, it is, that's why it has over 40% dominance.

Plus) It's got first mover's advantage

Edited by Jasombre

@calex960, I agree.  However, I also agree with @Jasombre as BTC has a ton of traction.  But it is not directly competing with XRP as I view the use case completely different.

Up until this point, the majority of the crypto market seems to have been made up of what I call "crypto bros": often times younger males (though not always) with unrealistic expectations of returns and limited work experiences.  (For example, they made a big fuss around Ripple charging banks money for using their software.  Imagine that, a company actually charging another company money for using their intellectual property! The arrogance of Ripple!  I thought everything in this world was free! :lol:)

Some of these crytp bros have gotten rich, but many of them have not.  With additional regulations coming around virtual currencies/tokens as well as ICOs in countries around the world, I think the market is going to drastically change with many of these coins/tokens more or less going away.

Edited by Sebastian

1 minute ago, Sebastian said:

With additional regulations coming around virtual currencies/tokens as well as ICOs in countries around the world, I think the market is going to drastically change with many of these coins/tokens more or less going away.

Time for public audiences to find out where XRPs will be heading.

xrp.PNG.8811e36c73ea77925dc753bbfa54ae4b.PNG

This is part of the Payments International Agenda btw.

@Jasombre did you read the FED report form the 06 of September "Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payment System Federal Reserve Next Steps in the

Payments Improvement Journey"?

other20170906a1.pdf

2 minutes ago, bronn said:

@Jasombre did you read the FED report form the 06 of September "Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payment System Federal Reserve Next Steps in the

other20170906a1.pdf

No, but I would love to! 

Thanks for the info.

20 minutes ago, bronn said:

other20170906a1.pdf

In addition to these three tactics, the Federal Reserve will consider other enhancements to its existing services and will continue to monitor, study and solicit input from stakeholders to understand the implications of new payment technologies and models, including distributed ledger technologies and digital currencies, that can facilitate a safe and efficient U.S. payment system.

I guess we're not quite there yet :'( 

Edited by Jasombre