AlexCobb

Ripple Is Up While all other currencies are down, my thoughts

13 minutes ago, 7strings said:

Anyone else thinking this could be a Sept 12 pump (and dump if list of speakers doesn't fuel further speculation)?

I do not care if it is a pump as in the long run, it will make 0 difference.  I bought some additional XRP yesterday.

Edited by Sebastian

1 hour ago, Jasombre said:

But in reality, it is, that's why it has over 40% dominance.

Plus) It's got first mover's advantage

It's got over 40% dominance only because of first mover advantage. At the start of the year that dominance was close to 90% and it's dropped off as other viable players including ETH and XRP enter the market. My guess is that it will be closer to 20% this time next year.

btc.png

2 minutes ago, xrpwizard said:

It's got over 40% dominance only because of first mover advantage. At the start of the year that dominance was close to 90% and it's dropped off as other viable players including ETH and XRP enter the market. My guess is that it will be closer to 20% this time next year.

btc.png

It also has actual usage :P 

1) U can buy almost ALL cryptos with BTC, but not with XRP or ETH.

2) Pizzas were bought with BTC

3) I think I saw an article about buying lamborghini with BTC as well.

4) BTC ATMs set up in Japan and Europe

hmm.. what else..? I'm not that intetested in BTC, and yet I can name these many while none for the XRPs

2 minutes ago, Jasombre said:

hmm.. what else..? I'm not that intetested in BTC, and yet I can name these many while none for the XRPs

Agreed, it does currently have a usage. The problem for BTC is that usage is now being done faster, cheaper and better by competing altcoins. BTC has two main purposes at the moment IMO, being the gateway to purchasing other cryptos or being used to purchase questionable substances online. Anyone using it for any other purpose is just doing so for show as it's inefficient to do so.

What is going to take to get Ripple to start marketing XRP as the new global digital currency which just so happens to be compatible with all the new software banks are adopting to make instant payments/transactions settlements possible instantly?????? I think with the giants we have on board at Ripple this should be a lot easier than we think. That's it. Let's knock #Shitcoin off its pedestal it's gotten so much free publicity over last 10yrs for being something that it's totally not. #FreeXRPFromPrisonBRO

@JoelKatz @miguel

maybe next blog topic @Hodor @ahmadderar?

just thinking out loud here guys. If I'm missing something please correct me I'm just bored. 

2 hours ago, Jasombre said:

BTC has more real usage at the moment.

XRP? Not quite there yet. 

Neither has reached its use case. I would bet on xrp teaching its use case goals in say three years over BTC. Although beloved Bitcoin was first it can only inhabit the store of value space. And I think someone will invent a better storage of value coin.

38 minutes ago, Jasombre said:

4. There is in Russia ATM where you can buy XRP, thought BTC has ATM they are all pain especially when you need to wait Transaction Conformation for 40 min. Hard to call that ATM

3. Heard XRP removes need of Nostro bank, its basically savings?

2. This is where XRP has huge lack, though has just everything for that sort of transactions, hands down

1. This is dictate by exchanges, nothing special in this, there are a lot of coins like ETH, NXT with their own exchanges to buy not only with BTC

And yes, small, but step forward: https://ripple.com/insights/its-never-been-easier-to-access-and-store-xrp/

48 minutes ago, Jasombre said:

But that makes xrp's, and other alts, potential more and BTC's less when BTC is removed from being the gateway currency. A huge % of its demand volume is traders forced to move through it increasing its price. Eventually the industry will outflank it......As far as retail BTC saw its first yearly DROP in participating merchants just recently. I am afraid it is destined for storage of vale, not transactions.

2 hours ago, 7strings said:

Anyone else thinking this could be a Sept 12 pump (and dump if list of speakers doesn't fuel further speculation)?

Um, YEP !

Sunday, no news, everything else is down .... September 12th is all hype. The day announcing an agenda for a meeting rises a stock price (in this case XRP), then expect anytime the CEO burps or farts in the future for prices to plummet or rise ... depending on how loud it might have been.

I know we are all dying for news... but it appears that most claim they are hodling, yet everyone is nervous day to day.

IF your hodling, give it more than a week or a month ... talk to me next June and lets re-evaluate then. In the meantime, watch with patience.

7 minutes ago, Luschka said:

Um, YEP !

Sunday, no news, everything else is down .... September 12th is all hype. The day announcing an agenda for a meeting rises a stock price (in this case XRP), then expect anytime the CEO burps or farts in the future for prices to plummet or rise ... depending on how loud it might have been.

I know we are all dying for news... but it appears that most claim they are hodling, yet everyone is nervous day to day.

IF your hodling, give it more than a week or a month ... talk to me next June and lets re-evaluate then. In the meantime, watch with patience.

I know you're right, still, this won't keep me from checking the price each day :)

Edited by 7strings

19 minutes ago, 7strings said:

I know you're right, still, this won't keep me from checking the price each day :)

Don't get me wrong, I check it too ... but I do not hinge n every single "event" that might happen and expect the price to jump up. I'm here for the long run.

If your investing, invest and hodl.

If your trading, well then trade on rumours and non-events, pumps, etc ...

3 minutes ago, Xrphunter said:

Again this guy gave a hint, this is the 2nd time hes right

IMG_6201.PNG

I can remember him giving the hint but what did he say last time that he was right about?