Duke67

R3 sues Ripple (What?!)

If SBI becomes the largest shareholder of R3 in 2017 May, then Garlinghouse attempts to cancel R3 agreement in 2017 June.

What does this suggest?

--

It could be related to the impending lockup. This sounds like Jedagedon 2.0

Edited by Guest

Just now, 7strings said:

Not contradicting anything, just wanted to point out that what we preceive as a 'crazy low price' might have been fair value back then. I really hope for Ripple (and for us) that this was part of a bigger contract and R3 didn't fulfill their obligations first.

Well it'd be even better if R3 actually was holding up their end and this lawsuit never happened.

There's also a risk that, for whatever reason (regulations, politics), R3 no longer saw Ripple as the way to go. In this case, this could be a very bad sign. I doubt it but I'm biased.

6 minutes ago, thetamind said:

-so I'm on the fence.  I don't know whether to sell and try to buy back the dip, or to sell and get out completely as it may be a house of cards, or to continue to hold through thick and thin and watch it all play out until it recovers.  It's scary news, because everything was perfectly fine yesterday, with no worries, and nothing but good news every day non stop.  But this news has the potential, if it goes south, to undo potentially much of what Ripple has accomplished in Japan... I can't help but ask the question if SBI hasn't gone live yet because of this.  This news may have been interpreted completely different, if the title was Ripple sues R3..... But being the other way around.... I'm on the fence.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the price will fall in the next couple of hours / days, at least until we have an offical statement from Ripple. But I'm the worst daytrader you've ever seen, so I could be wrong..

3 minutes ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

Well it'd be even better if R3 actually was holding up their end and this lawsuit never happened.

There's also a risk that, for whatever reason (regulations, politics), R3 no longer saw Ripple as the way to go. In this case, this could be a very bad sign. I doubt it but I'm biased.

R3 could have just gotten greedy and thought that they could just use their own token, and figured they could provide liquidity by selling 5 billion XRP.

8 minutes ago, 7strings said:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the price will fall in the next couple of hours / days, at least until we have an offical statement from Ripple. But I'm the worst daytrader you've ever seen, so I could be wrong..

The price is falling right now

And if all of you are taking the case of R3. Then why do you believe on SIB. None of them will going to sell. A great use case of XRP....giving more share holding to the R3. Nothing more than other thing..

11 minutes ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

New article from FT with more details, some people struggle to access:

This fits with my assumptions. R3 made promises and then delivered nothing. Ripple feels they were worthless and don't deserve their XRP options. See the videos on their working group. R3 is a joke.

Edited by karlos
copyright

44 minutes ago, Mercury said:

If this makes it to court I look forward to reading that email Brad sent.

Anyone still here that was involved in looking up the Jed case paperwork? Was it you @Apollo? Or did you just do analytic feedback?

I only did some of it. It's not too difficult, although the difficulty may vary depending on the court. Most courts have a website where you can search for fillings according to a number of factors. Unfortunately, some require payment for access to the docs. 

2 minutes ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

This fits with my assumptions. R3 made promises and then delivered nothing. Ripple feels they were worthless and don't deserve their XRP options. See the videos on their working group. R3 is a joke.

Do you think that this might be the reason they are not delivering on their deal? 

12 minutes ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

New article from FT with more details, some people struggle to access:

Blockchain groups in $1bn cryptocurrency battle

Rivals R3 and Ripple Labs sue each other in options dispute

September 8, 2017 7:15 pm by Martin Arnold in London

R3 is desperate for such actions.