Hodor

Ripple Establishes SWELL Conference to Compete with SIBOS

It's a great article, but you hide the punchline down in the 8th paragraph ("Ripple scheduled it for the same city and time frame of SIBOS").. It really could be much more punchy if you open with it in paragraph one. Random joe internet is not going to go fishing for this, he probably won't even work it out, just that "ripple competes with swift". Also, it's not just the same "time frame", which sounds like it could be the next week. It's actually the same dates. 

Hi @Hodlor

Inquiring minds want to know... is Ripple doing demonstrations on the vendor floor at Sibos?

:-)

6 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

Hi @Hodlor

Inquiring minds want to know... is Ripple doing demonstrations on the vendor floor at Sibos?

Yes they are

8 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

Hi @Hodlor

No clue!  The SIBOS invite just says this:  https://www.sibos.com/exhibition/about-exhibition/exhibitors/ripple

2 minutes ago, KeBho said:

Yes they are

Edit:  @Max Entropy There you go!

Edited by Hodor

8 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

Hi @Hodlor

Ripple said that they couldn't present what they wanted at Sibos so that's why they have created SWELL...

32 minutes ago, Hodor said:

The importance of Ripple establishing a counter-event to SIBOS on a worldwide stage is truly game-changing. Anybody that doesn't understand that is not from the banking industry!

I talk about just how significant this development is for Ripple in my latest blog entry.  :yess::yess:  (Yeah, that's right - SWELL gets two double fist-pumps!)

I hope you enjoy the read!  Leave positive / negative / corrections below please, and I welcome you to share my blog content with others! 

My blog announcements in other media:

Twitter

Reddit

Bitcointalk - alt coin sub forum

Bitcointalk - XRP speculation thread

Thank you @Hodor, your work is much appreciated. Anyone disappointed with the outcome of the events this week should take a minute to read and ponder the magnitude of what SWELL means to the future of XRP holders. Based on @JoelKatz comments about Ripple opening up new payment corridors this year I think among the announcements made at SWELL 2017 will be the live implementation of cross-border payment capability for banks in India, Mexico, Brazil, Korea and the Philippines. Ripple already identified these corridors in a recent presentation to a group of Banks ( I saw this presentation on Netflix, however, I didn't save the link which was provided by someone in XRP Chat). Please repost if possible. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Bagheera said:

Thank you @Hodor, your work is much appreciated. Anyone disappointed with the outcome of the events this week should take a minute to read and ponder the magnitude of what SWELL means to the future of XRP holders. Based on @JoelKatz comments about Ripple opening up new payment corridors this year I think among the announcements made at SWELL 2017 will be the live implementation of cross-border payment capability for banks in India, Mexico, Brazil, Korea and the Philippines. Ripple already identified these corridors in a recent presentation to a group of Banks ( I saw this presentation on Netflix, however, I didn't save the link which was provided by someone in XRP Chat). Please repost if possible. Thank you.

Sorry... I meant YouTube not Netflix... see what binge watching does to the brain... blush

@Hodor

An excellent blog as usual and perfect timing as well.

I was a little skeptical about the fact that the Swell conference was the outcome of the countdown, but your article clarified its meaning...it's not a mere conference to attract the global attention, but it is a milestone event as a proclamation of war against the old system. This shows the level of determination and confidence of Ripple and its staff in what they are seeking to accomplish. Probably many people including me just could not immediately understand that this decision was so difficult as to be worth a countdown.     

10 minutes ago, Bagheera said:

I saw this presentation on Netflix, however, I didn't save the link which was provided by someone in XRP Chat). Please repost if possible. Thank you.

I have NOT seen this but would love to.  If anybody else can provide the link, please do! :yes3:

5 minutes ago, LaBelleSaison said:

This shows the level of determination and confidence of Ripple and its staff in what they are seeking to accomplish.

Having a countdown was a stroke of genius, and generated buzz up to a FEVER pitch.  I think Brad actually got a little nervous about how successful the marketing campaign became in terms of speculation, and that's why he sent this tweet to attempt to calm the masses: