kenrino

Bloomberg coverage: Bernanke to Give Keynote Speech at October Cryptocurrency Event

Just now, msk said:

Ha, the laugh will be on you.  So yeah, make sure you take note.  6 months from today :)

What on earth makes you so confident? Ripple will just con us all again. I have no trust in them anymore.

1 hour ago, Legolas said:

Ripple purposefully made their advertising campaign over a three day period to hype up XRP's price for nothing.

It was nothing more than a conference - like many of us sadly and accurately predicted. They could have just made a normal tweet for this dumb conference without all of the hype.

Plain and simple, we were conned hard. Scammed. Bamboozled. Lied to.

They LITERALLY telegraphed that it was a conference, (3 days of speakers, 2 themes, 1 stage) and you followed all the ridiculous hype (maybe you don't HODL?)

Exactly, many predicted because IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US.  and how else are they supposed to ramp up excitement??

You can always sell, you are not their target demo...banks and FI's are.

Sorry for the caps, I'm off tomorrow and got a few drinks in me haha.

Just now, Legolas said:

What on earth makes you so confident? Ripple will just con us all again. I have no trust in them anymore.

There are few coins in this space that you could point to and feel confident they'll be here in 2-3 yrs time.  I'm betting ripple will be one of them.  There's a lot of anti feeling over ripple, but it has a real use case and the company is being used and is growing.

It's a no-brainer bet, money for jam.  Like I say, check back in 6 months and see who will actually be laughing at who.

8 minutes ago, Legolas said:

So then why are you still here?

Your agenda is quite obvious. And your trolling skills are sub-par. You made a terrible trade, we get it. No one was conned, no one was lied to. Your brain is simply unable the grasp the importance of the announced event. 

Remember, you don't lose until you sell (which seems like you probably already did), but in the off-chance that you didn't, just be quiet, be patient, and hodl. 

13 minutes ago, Legolas said:

We all have choices.  You can vote with your feet (walk) if you are so deeply wounded with disappointment. 

14 minutes ago, msk said:

There are few coins in this space that you could point to and feel confident they'll be here in 2-3 yrs time.  I'm betting ripple will be one of them.  There's a lot of anti feeling over ripple, but it has a real use case and the company is being used and is growing.

It's a no-brainer bet, money for jam.  Like I say, check back in 6 months and see who will actually be laughing at who.

Con? They took advantage of you, or did they make a strategic business decision that is in ripples' best interest long term. Don't trust them. Question,  question all the crypto, you will be back with xrp. It will be here waiting, at a higher price.

3 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

Is that a promise that you'll LEAVE for six months?  AHHHH, we can dream!  

The hardest thing to do in this space is not to coin chase.  Coin chasing necessitates that you often sell existing good holdings.  95% of everyone in this space will sell their existing coins before 6 months passes.

Legolas will unlikely to hold on for 6 days, let alone 6 weeks.  6 months is like a life time to him.  Throwing his coins out of his cot at any little disappointment almost guarantees he'll never be in the right coin at the right time.

2 minutes ago, Wobile said:

Con? They took advantage of you, or did they make a strategic business decision that is in ripples' best interest long term. Don't trust them. Question,  question all the crypto, you will be back with xrp. It will be here waiting, at a higher price.

Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP are safe long term bets.  There will be few that can out trade their rise over the next few years.

I didn't buy in at .28. Nowhere near that. I don't expect instant riches. I can hold for 10 years.

But it still doesn't mean I have to kiss Ripple's butt on every move they make. Especially if it stinks.

They aren't locked away in a hole. They saw the reaction of this from the very first tweet.

That's why the CEO did some damage control right before the big announcement.

It's ok to love Ripple and be in it for the long haul. I'm with you on that.

But some of you guys just sound like cult followers on here.

I didn't buy in at .28. Nowhere near that. I don't expect instant riches. I can hold for 10 years.
But it still doesn't mean I have to kiss Ripple's butt on every move they make. Especially if it stinks.
They aren't locked away in a hole. They saw the reaction of this from the very first tweet.

i understand hahaha. but folks have s lot to lose or gain esp bag holders. But, yes I do think some of the way they did it was anticlimactic, however, we have to wait and see. i mean what if Xrp becomes the new standard. who knows. anything is possible. just know that everything takes time.
7fd1847d35395461efb7d4f589556316.jpg

18 minutes ago, msk said:

Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP are safe long term bets.  There will be few that can out trade their rise over the next few years.

ethereum? i would exclude it from the list. regulation is going to smash soon, eth is going to get hit hard

18 minutes ago, cheddar said:

Cult followers?  That's a long bow to draw from the conversations I've seen.  They made an interesting count down on twitter to a significant event.  Too bad some on here think that was anything other than that.

Traders always think things stink when they over buy the news and then go on to blast everyone in site instead of looking in the mirror.  And I doubt you'll be holding your XRP in 10 years.  Statements like "I can hold for 10 years" are just worthless.  You're better to be a 'cult follower' than spout that sort of dogma.

Edited by msk