kenrino

Bloomberg coverage: Bernanke to Give Keynote Speech at October Cryptocurrency Event

9 minutes ago, Mars said:

I can't believe the level of entitlement that exist in this forum Ripple owes Jack S#!t to any of us. Yet they come on here and engage us and educate. If you were investing in the stock market you'd hear official updates every three months.

Ripple in their press release said they have responded to the 'Requests of their customers' in the planning of this event. Thanks Ripple for being CUSTOMER focused instead of focused on the mega egos of some in the crypto space.

Additionally if you REALLY think that the symbol accompanying the Tweets looked like Korea you're seeing what you want to see. If someone depicted my country the wrong way up I'd say they were a drop kick. 

Don't SPECULATE (form a theory or conjecture about a subject without FIRM evidence) if you want to blame others when you interpreted the message incorrectly.

Ripple will be big, if not I only invested what I was prepared to loose (1st rule of crypto investing).

Rant over.

The thing is the countdown encouraged speculation and hype it would have been just better to drop the news without that

1 hour ago, Naki said:

Legolas is a downramper and just trying to capitalise on panic.

Ive been in since 0.8 cents followed this forum since 2015 and i have my long term holdings that i never touch but i also have my tradeable holdings that i use to capitalise on opportunity's like this and the fact is as soon as that announcement came out i sold out the tradeable side and the way it looks we should go under 20 again within a day or 2 and i will buy back and accumulate there and move more to my long term.

It wasnt a great calling doing that countdown the news is good if they just dropped the news instead i would say we would of gone to 25 and stayed there but the negative sentiment and the anticlimax that came from this yp i think will see us under 20 again and staying under until more news.

But i think that conference is massive and like a lot of people here i believe that we will be $1 by years end and 3 to 5 dollars next year. Just was a poorly executed marketing ploy that has erroded faith and one thing ripple really needs is to encourage faith it suffers from enough bad PR

Totally agree and i would like to add to your comment that some people really think that Ripple owe us something, in my opinion this is the most breaking news ever, maybe "Just was a poorly executed"  as you said. For the first time in Crypto we got important personalities and important banks working with a company that owes a coin. If they found a real case use for ripple this will go up, just because they are the ones with the money-power, and that tiny tiny tiny window is the only opportunity we got.......ripple depends on banks like it or not, so why the hate about this news!.. this news are for bankers don't you guys see it, these is a call!

If you guys don't like XRP, go and buy BTC, a coin that is "Not manipulate". BTC will go up as always do with "Not manipulated news". 

ForRegards

Edited by Winteriscomming

2 minutes ago, Winteriscomming said:

Totally agree and i would like to add to your comment that some people really think that Ripple owe us something, in my opinion this is the most breaking news ever, maybe "Just was a poorly executed"  as you said. For the first time in Crypto we got important personalities and important banks working with a company that owes a coin. If they found a real case use for ripple this will go up, just because they are the ones with the money-power, and that tiny tiny tiny window is the only opportunity we got.......ripple depends on banks like it or not, so why the hate about this news!.. this news are for bankers don't you guys see it, these is a call!

Regards

No hate on the news just the way it was executed that news is great but think they could have handled it better.

For such good news coming out the way it was announced led to a lot of negativity, to much hype which is causing a lot of people to overlook the news and cash out saying i will buy back in before the conference. The hype has just created a short term blowback from angry people expecting something now not 2 monthes away.

53 minutes ago, lucky said:

They have raised maximum publicity for the event, and thus maximized the chances that the room will be packed with the people that matter and minimized the risk that it will be half empty.

So far, brilliant.

The only little problem is that they did this at the expense of traders. They must have known that this could easily turn into an anti-climax for the price of xrp. Not competely without issues, including ethical ones.

I now understand why Schwartz wrote on Reddit last week that anyone who was even remotely certain that price of XRP would rise, is crazy. I first could not understand his desire to lower expectations. It was an advance warning, he was already trying to underhype the overhype.

Traders had to think on news about China and RippleNet, they play their own speculative game and they get burned on their own unfair rules like "Buy rumors sell news", no regret.

They will be buying, now you see some delusional traders trying to put price down, shall see.

2 minutes ago, Naki said:

No hate on the news just the way it was executed that news is great but think they could have handled it better.

For such good news coming out the way it was announced led to a lot of negativity, to much hype which is causing a lot of people to overlook the news and cash out saying i will buy back in before the conference. The hype has just created a short term blowback from angry people expecting something now not 2 monthes away.

There you go, you explanation is much better. tks

6 hours ago, Legolas said:

Ripple purposefully made their advertising campaign over a three day period to hype up XRP's price for nothing.

It was nothing more than a conference - like many of us sadly and accurately predicted. They could have just made a normal tweet for this dumb conference without all of the hype.

Plain and simple, we were conned hard. Scammed. Bamboozled. Lied to.

For a moment here I thought I was on Reddit.

As someone has said before, the main target of ripple is not the casual / large personal investor but big banks and FIs. This amount / type of publicity / stunt may have discouraged faith in the personal investor but people who work in big banks and FIs and watch bloomberg are going "Hmm that lad Bernanke is key notes speaking at something called ripple, I wonder what ripple is?". You can't take over the world if everyone doesn't know you exist. The real targets are being hit.

So, if I was to personally categorize this news, I would say it was slightly disappointing (although not entirely). I was hoping for something more than a conference announcement (Korea, Japan ... ?). But at the same time, I recognize the gravity of the conference and what it signifies for Ripple's position in the world: clearly, Ripple is being acknowledged as the world's leading fintech company in the race to construct "the internet of value". They have managed to on-board so much talent and wisdom from around the world, it's unreal. They truly are pioneers.

PS - if there's one thing I've learnt from the investment space it's that a persons public bullish or bearish stance is often determined not by rational or reason, but by there own portfolio and emotion. If they failed to purchase an asset, "the asset is in a bubble and will crash any moment". If they happened to have bought an asset, "the asset is in the beginning of a major bull run".

Edited by Dsimmo

The three-day event, called “Swell,” starts Oct. 16 in Toronto, Ripple said in a statementon its website. Bernanke, who has criticized cryptocurrencies in the past, will be interviewed by Gene Sperling, the former national economic adviser under Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

Just noticed that a former national economic adviser to 2 POTUSes will be the interviewer at the conference!

If this doesn't grab the attention of Wall Street, nothing else will!

1 hour ago, natethesnake said:

The three-day event, called “Swell,” starts Oct. 16 in Toronto, Ripple said in a statementon its website. Bernanke, who has criticized cryptocurrencies in the past, will be interviewed by Gene Sperling, the former national economic adviser under Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

Just noticed that a former national economic adviser to 2 POTUSes will be the interviewer at the conference!

If this doesn't grab the attention of Wall Street, nothing else will!

zx.thumb.JPG.5576f560f27873051f291f201a28ba5a.JPG

From Ripple website ;) https://ripple.com/company/board-of-directors/

Listen, I don't get all the ridicule I'm getting here. The fact remains that I predicted that this would be nothing more than a conference, plain and simple. I knew it, called it and warned everyone. Many people here have actually called me the Nostradamus the cryptocurrencies, possibly the Warren Buffet of crypto. The moment I saw that fake news tweet, I called it would be a conference.

Granted, I wished I was wrong. I was hoping to see some gains, at least $5 - $10 price for XRP - not too much to ask for. Instead, we saw a catastrophic sell-off due to a lack of confidence in XRP leading to the disaster we see today. No one cares that some Fed employee (End the Fed, btw, Ron Paul for prez) or the inventor of the internet is going to be at the conference. All Ripple had to do was pay them (Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the pump was so Ripple could sell enough XRP to pay the fees these speakers charged, but that's an analysis for a different day) to get them to speak and that's it.

Like many here, I want to see XRP succeed, but it's hard to hope when we all get conned like we did recently. 

9 minutes ago, Legolas said:

Listen, I don't get all the ridicule I'm getting here. The fact remains that I predicted that this would be nothing more than a conference, plain and simple. I knew it, called it and warned everyone. Many people here have actually called me the Nostradamus the cryptocurrencies, possibly the Warren Buffet of crypto. The moment I saw that fake news tweet, I called it would be a conference.

Granted, I wished I was wrong. I was hoping to see some gains, at least $5 - $10 price for XRP - not too much to ask for. Instead, we saw a catastrophic sell-off due to a lack of confidence in XRP leading to the disaster we see today. No one cares that some Fed employee (End the Fed, btw, Ron Paul for prez) or the inventor of the internet is going to be at the conference. All Ripple had to do was pay them (Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the pump was so Ripple could sell enough XRP to pay the fees these speakers charged, but that's an analysis for a different day) to get them to speak and that's it.

Like many here, I want to see XRP succeed, but it's hard to hope when we all get conned like we did recently. 

ripple straight up conned you, yet you still want them to succeed? i don't get it.