Omas

Dont advertise your honda lika its a ferrari

I read alot of posts here and some of us investors are not happy about the Swell announcement (not all of us ofc) and how it was hyped. I guess some of us hoped it would be "mind blowing" ....don't advertise your Honda like its a Ferrari....

Instead of being all mad this topic could be constrictive critic 

How do you think Ripple should do in the future when announcing news? If you were in charge how would you do it?

sorry for my bad english

3 minutes ago, cheddar said:

How about "Hey everyone good news we've set up our own conference, here are the details..."

Direct communication. Wow what a concept. 

yeah, glad you're not on their marketing team. this announcement would be discussed for 3 seconds and be forgotten about.

Regardless of wether people were happy or frustrated with the countdown and the eventual announcement, a lot of people lost a lot of money over this, and equally money was made. Ripple themselves profited from this, and it highlights the saying "with great power comes great responsibility".

Personally I think it was unprofessional and irresponsible of Ripple and it may harm their reputation further down the road. The fact that a series of cryptic tweets from 1 company  can cause volatile swings in the price of an asset  that is aiming to attract banks and institutions will definitely raise a few eyebrows of potential customers of Ripple.

Im not suggesting the conference is a good or bad thing, more that the tweets and the subsequent price action doesn't bode well for xrp.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, cheddar said:

How about "Hey everyone good news we've set up our own conference, here are the details..."

That's not how successful marketing works. If it was, then Howard Johnsons and Bob Evans would still be around.

Brad Garlinghouse tweeted that the value of xrp is derived from its value as a bridging asset and not based on one event or conference. He was essentially acknowledging that the tweets had caused the market to get completely overheated. 

It might have been a nice way to announce an upcoming conference for most businesses, but it's not really the same when there is a digital asset worth billions involved. 

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, cheddar said:

Presumably the countdown had the desired effect of showing the world of banking that - we (Ripple) are here and we are serious! What an entrance!

A memo just wouldn't have cut it...especially one starting with "Hey everyone"

You don't create buzz (and therefore free marketing through news outlets) by being boring and direct. You "tease" and hype. It is not a bad thing, even if it does lead some foolish speculators to get overzealous. Remember, we are not their target audience. Their marketing was fine. 

1 minute ago, Khaleesi said:

Presumably the countdown had the desired effect of showing the world of banking that - we (Ripple) are here and we are serious! What an entrance!

A memo just wouldn't have cut it...especially one starting with "Hey everyone"

Fair enough -- But 3....2.....1 a moon reference with no banks going live is a bit of a reach, no?

It may have been said by others, but I suspect we, simple forum participants, have no clue what the magnitude is of having speakers like Ben Bernanke and Tim Berners Lee on Ripple's conference in October. 

Fortunately, Ripple has that clue. They know exactly what impact those two speakers et al will have. And because they do, they've announced it the way they did. If you doubt anything, doubt yourself, not Ripple.

Don't advertise your Ferrari like it is a Honda.

Edited by Danny

Just now, Danny said:

It may have been said by others, but I suspect we, simple forum participants, have no clue what the magnitude is of having speakers like Ben Bernanke and Tim Berners Lee on Ripple's conference in October. 

Fortunately, Ripple has that clue. They know exactly what impact those two speakers et al will have. And because they do, they've announced it the way they did. If you doubt anything, doubt yourself, not Ripple.

I doubt myself all day.  But I'm still HODLing