Sign in to follow this  
OlivierA

A great idea is not a plan!

Great news today, but poor marketing campaign. Let me explain.

"3, 2, 1," implies "launch or go" after 1. Announcing a conference in October is not a launch. Imagine everyone gathering in November to shout the New Years Eve countdown.

Using such a powerful and social media tease is a good idea, unless you don't deliver something incredible at the end that reflect the "now".

So, what's the plan? The plan was to create hype before announcing the conference. So many great guess, this should have been real rocket fuel event. But it's not.

In fact, most comment - and the market down is a powerful message - say the same thing: something great coming, but nothing today! "We were fooled by the countdown".

And yes, they were. You cannot cry wolf more than once. They used that card. Did they have alternative, yes, many.

First, you can create hype without creating false expectation. All those mysterious gifs are good for hiding the next college party, but not when you deal with multibillions industries, or just the normal working class people trying to invest the little they have left into something that they believe in and might help put their kids into college. You can just tweet something big will be announce this week, stay tune as we give you more details.

Then, you launch your event with a real bang, not just a date, names and a few pictures. Get M. Garlinghouse, Bernanke and Berners-Lee in a conference room full of national and international media, announce the conference in October and respond to some questions. You have your big bang, and whatever you tweeted during the week was worth the expectation (except not a countdown please).

After that, you start releasing the content of those conference and why MMs Bernanke and Berners-Lee will be there.

Add a few guest surprises. Get a few bloggers to develop on the subject. Keep the agenda up high on your different social media platform. Create a contest to have the real fans (us) a chance to win a seat at the conference all expenses paid by Ripple - that we backed for years now, that would be a nice gesture.

The moral would be up, the hype would continue to build until October, the price of XRP would probably reflect that also.

That's a plan, not just a good idea.

Their marketing has already succeeded. Bloomberg has already written an article about the event. The idea of marketing is to get exposure. The only people ****** about this are the peons like us and the only people like us who are ****** are the guys who bought high. If they hold, their purchase will return dividends. Their marketing wasn't to pump up XRP, it was to attract attention for their business. If Bernanke likes what he sees, his connections with pretty much every bankster in the world will help solidify Ripple's success. As Ripple goes, so goes XRP. I'd say their marketing campaign just now was brilliant. It did what it was intended to do. It just didn't do what you thought it should do. Your expectations weren't met. But Ripple is doing well. So will we.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-24/bernanke-to-give-keynote-speech-at-october-cryptocurrency-event?utm_content=markets&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-markets

Keep in mind this is Ripple's rapid response to SWIFT not allowing Ripple to participate in SWIFT's conference in the same city/same time. Ripple had been poaching SWIFT's client banks. Now all of the conference participants will be talking about the drama thus boosting Ripple awareness, and also incidentally boosting Ripple's David vs Goliath image.

10 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

"3, 2, 1," implies "launch or go" after 1. Announcing a conference in October is not a launch. Imagine everyone gathering in November to shout the New Years Eve countdown.

Using such a powerful and social media tease is a good idea, unless you don't deliver something incredible at the end that reflect the "now".

So, what's the plan? The plan was to create hype before announcing the conference. So many great guess, this should have been real rocket fuel event. But it's not.

In fact, most comment - and the market down is a powerful message - say the same thing: something great coming, but nothing today! "We were fooled by the countdown".

And yes, they were. You cannot cry wolf more than once. They used that card. Did they have alternative, yes, many.

First, you can create hype without creating false expectation. All those mysterious gifs are good for hiding the next college party, but not when you deal with multibillions industries, or just the normal working class people trying to invest the little they have left into something that they believe in and might help put their kids into college. You can just tweet something big will be announce this week, stay tune as we give you more details.

Then, you launch your event with a real bang, not just a date, names and a few pictures. Get M. Garlinghouse, Bernanke and Berners-Lee in a conference room full of national and international media, announce the conference in October and respond to some questions. You have your big bang, and whatever you tweeted during the week was worth the expectation (except not a countdown please).

After that, you start releasing the content of those conference and why MMs Bernanke and Berners-Lee will be there.

Add a few guest surprises. Get a few bloggers to develop on the subject. Keep the agenda up high on your different social media platform. Create a contest to have the real fans (us) a chance to win a seat at the conference all expenses paid by Ripple - that we backed for years now, that would be a nice gesture.

The moral would be up, the hype would continue to build until October, the price of XRP would probably reflect that also.

I don't meant to be rude since I'm technically new in this forum, but this announcement, whether you liked it or not, did get you to write entire paragraphs about Ripple's marketing. In my opinion, that means it worked.

2 minutes ago, Dinch said:

I'd say their marketing campaign just now was brilliant. It did what it was intended to do. It just didn't do what you thought it should do. Your expectations weren't met.

It's been my job for 25 years, so, I will respect your opinion, but no, it wasn't brilliant, to the contrary, creating false expectation is far from brilliant, it only creates frustrations among the most faithful followers.

Now, if you want to do some damage control by saying we will be alright, don't worry, I'm sure Ripple will be "alright" because they have a great team of genius working there and I still believe they will be the ones standing at the end.

Just now, eddymcneddy said:

I don't meant to be rude since I'm technically new in this forum, but this announcement, whether you liked it or not, did get you to write entire paragraphs about Ripple's marketing. In my opinion, that means it worked.

Doesn't mean that. The old saying "talk about it, good or bad' is untrue unless you're a sleazy actor. Imagine an unknown politician caught in a scandal with minors, every media will report the news, and that politician will be well known after that. In fact, everyone will be talking about it. Does that give that person a better chance to be president?

16 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

You are the man. I hope Ripple reads this.

As someone who just found this forum yesterday, I can definitely say there are a lot of people being absolutely ridiculous about this conference announcement.

Ripple did what every single company in the world does; use their social media account to creatively announce something (a conference). Everyone acting pissy because they didn't announce it how YOU would have announced it or because it wasn't some big announcement your wishful thinking demanded it be sounds silly.

people need to stop thinking like a minnow and see the big picture. SWIFT is our MAIN competitor. Of course they would want to hype the HELL out of this conference. It's at the same location and time as sibos is where all the banks are gathering. and who do they hire to speak there? BERNANKE. please, put the pieces together and you'll understand. this is bigger than sbi or kakao.

38 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

It's been my job for 25 years, so, I will respect your opinion, but no, it wasn't brilliant, to the contrary, creating false expectation is far from brilliant, it only creates frustrations among the most faithful followers.

Now, if you want to do some damage control by saying we will be alright, don't worry, I'm sure Ripple will be "alright" because they have a great team of genius working there and I still believe they will be the ones standing at the end.

Random guy on Internet claims to have experience in a field = Instant internet expert.

1 minute ago, Montoya said:

Random guy on Internet claims to have experience in a field = Instant internet expert.

I've been an instant internet expert my whole life