Sign in to follow this  
TastySoda

This price takes a beating and keeps driving up

Just now, CountChocula said:

With advice like that you would never even enter the market. Can you imagine if you were contemplating buying apple when it was $100 and somebody gave you that advice? 

right which is why I'm in the market, I got most of mine at .16, but I'm genuinely curious on peoples thoughts to my questions, it's really volatile because there is no set amount it "should" be.

Just now, Madarel said:

right which is why I'm in the market, I got most of mine at .16, but I'm genuinely curious on peoples thoughts to my questions, it's really volatile because there is no set amount it "should" be.

There is no set amount it should be because there really is no precedent for what ripple is trying to do and as far as I can tell they have the best chance of success. Ripple and XRP have too much potential to be agonizing over 10  or 20 cents. 

2 hours ago, CountChocula said:

With advice like that you would never even enter the market. Can you imagine if you were contemplating buying apple when it was $100 and somebody gave you that advice? 

Terrible advice eh?

I think when you combine what Brad said ...  

AND the fact he felt compelled to say anything at all ...

AND post it at 10:15 PM the night before the "Big 3,2,1 Reveal" ... 

I think my advice wasn't too bad ...

Especially when you throw in the very obvious manipulation that was going on some or all of the exchanges ...

So tomorrow - when the masses see Brad's words - do you think that the price is justifiably 24 cents? 26? 30?

Or is it actually worth the same amount it was on Sunday: 16 cents?

Sure the value could raise because now XRP is on more exchanges ... 

Or there is a new conference ...

But what really does that mean in terms of the value of XRP?

Until the monthly batches of Escrow XRP begin selling at auction, and we find out how many FIs buy it,  and how much they bought of it, we won't have a good feel for the value of XRP.

Yes announcements of FIs using ripple products and software internally will raise perceived value of XRP as it increases its potential to be used ...

But until then, real info, and real stats, and real usage come out - its gonna be pure speculation ...

Which is precisely why this pump and dump worked on the XRP market the last 3 days ... 

Edited by Just_J
typos

15 hours ago, Just_J said:

Terrible advice eh?

I think when you combine what Brad said ...  

AND the fact he felt compelled to say anything at all ...

AND post it at 10:15 PM the night before the "Big 3,2,1 Reveal" ... 

I think my advice wasn't too bad ...

Especially when you throw in the very obvious manipulation that was going on some or all of the exchanges ...

So tomorrow - when the masses see Brad's words - do you think that the price is justifiably 24 cents? 26? 30?

Or is it actually worth the same amount it was on Sunday: 16 cents?

Sure the value could raise because now XRP is on more exchanges ... 

Or there is a new conference ...

But what really does that mean in terms of the value of XRP?

Until the monthly batches of Escrow XRP begin selling at auction, and we find out how many FIs buy it,  and how much they bought of it, we won't have a good feel for the value of XRP.

Yes announcements of FIs using ripple products and software internally will raise perceived value of XRP as it increases its potential to be used ...

But until then, real info, and real stats, and real usage come out - its gonna be pure speculation ...

Which is precisely why this pump and dump worked on the XRP market the last 3 days ... 

U're either long on XRP or short

Edited by CountChocula

Oh I'm long in XRP ... but these artificial highs on announcements of announcements ... and obvious pump and dump ...  I just don't see how anything above 0.17 is warranted right now ....

Well ... I'd say .15 is better because it allows us who are believers in the Ripple to buy in even more ...

The value of XRP on a given day is meaningless until the Escrow Auctions start ... in my opinion ... 

The lower it is, the more we can accumulate ... 

2 hours ago, Just_J said:

Oh I'm long in XRP ... but these artificial highs on announcements of announcements ... and obvious pump and dump ...  I just don't see how anything above 0.17 is warranted right now ....

Why is it not warranted??

Nothing of real concrete evidence has happened related to the adoption of XRP as a payment/escrow source for the upcoming live ripple network ...

Until we have companies stating publicly their investment in auctioned Escrow XRP, what is there to act on as an investor to raise the price?

If you truly believe in the management team of Ripple the company ... and their tech people .. and their targeted market ... then you should want the absolute lowest price of XRP so you can buy in more ...

Right now the only thing driving up the price of XRP is new investors to the market and new exchanges (Asia) actively trading. While that will certainly bump up the price some, it shouldn't raise it as dramatically as the last few days. A very well timed Pump and Dump was performed to match the marketing campaign by Ripple ... Ripple had no idea some entity would be doing the pump and dump - so it's not their fault - but I highly doubt that the price jump - with the crushing amount of XRP available on the open market - could be found to be logical and apt.

Just now, Just_J said:

Nothing of real concrete evidence has happened related to the adoption of XRP as a payment/escrow source for the upcoming live ripple network ...

Until we have companies stating publicly their investment in auctioned Escrow XRP, what is there to act on as an investor to raise the price?

If you truly believe in the management team of Ripple the company ... and their tech people .. and their targeted market ... then you should want the absolute lowest price of XRP so you can buy in more ...

Right now the only thing driving up the price of XRP is new investors to the market and new exchanges (Asia) actively trading. While that will certainly bump up the price some, it shouldn't raise it as dramatically as the last few days. A very well timed Pump and Dump was performed to match the marketing campaign by Ripple ... Ripple had no idea some entity would be doing the pump and dump - so it's not their fault - but I highly doubt that the price jump - with the crushing amount of XRP available on the open market - could be found to be logical and apt.

Ya its been explained many times XRP is whats going to be used on Ripple. You can't have one without the other it would be pointless for anyone to use Ripple then

I disagree with that slightly ...

Ripple's blockchain tech and software suites can be used without XRP and would still make Ripple the company very successful ...

XRP on the other hand is a tool that can be used to lower a financial institutions need for putting up stored capital in various countries to handle their cross-border payments ...

If they use XRP instead of stored fiat capital - the transaction fees across the RippleNet will be greatly reduced ...

An FI can choose not to use XRP - but it is in their best interest to convert their stored fiat to XRP because any meaningful transactional volume will demonstrate the vast cost savings.

29 minutes ago, Just_J said:

I disagree with that slightly ...

Ripple's blockchain tech and software suites can be used without XRP and would still make Ripple the company very successful ...

XRP on the other hand is a tool that can be used to lower a financial institutions need for putting up stored capital in various countries to handle their cross-border payments ...

If they use XRP instead of stored fiat capital - the transaction fees across the RippleNet will be greatly reduced ...

An FI can choose not to use XRP - but it is in their best interest to convert their stored fiat to XRP because any meaningful transactional volume will demonstrate the vast cost savings.

Aside from transaction fees, it's the only one that will allow a financial institution/anyone to INSTANTLY settle.

2 hours ago, Just_J said:

Can you expand on the reason for cost savings of XRP vs. using fiat for FI's.

Sign in to follow this