Hynzie

Ripple ledger close time

I have looked at the ledger close times every now and again over the past few months on the Ripple website; It has typically been 4/5 seconds. It's now showing a close time of 6/7 seconds. Not a huge difference in real terms but it is an increase with no significant change in usage by large banks (from what I understand).

Could a large bank (or number of banks) with a significant number of transactions be using the ledger now - and today's announcement might confirm this?

I'm not a tech person so could be way off here?

image.thumb.png.37c1f41d8be257e29e8e6babec9b73ae.png

15 minutes ago, Hynzie said:

I have looked at the ledger close times every now and again over the past few months on the Ripple website; It has typically been 4/5 seconds. It's now showing a close time of 6/7 seconds. Not a huge difference in real terms but it is an increase with no significant change in usage by large banks (from what I understand).

Could a large bank (or number of banks) with a significant number of transactions be using the ledger now - and today's announcement might confirm this?

I'm not a tech person so could be way off here?

image.thumb.png.37c1f41d8be257e29e8e6babec9b73ae.png

I've been wondering the same thing, though, this would clearly have to be happening in Korea as that is the vast majority of volume.

When the volume was way up the close times were astronomical. saw it as high as 80 seconds at one point.

It looks as though normality as resumed now.

Re; Hodlezerpers comment - an 80 second close time with what is a relatively small increase in transactions (compared to what they are planning long term) is troubling. Maybe teething issues as transactions  increase but I would have thought a sub 10 second close time would be maintained. 

image.thumb.png.c0e953a43f5186fa78d407b0979447e0.png

1 minute ago, Hynzie said:

It looks as though normality as resumed now.

Re; Hodlezerpers comment - an 80 second close time with what is a relatively small increase in transactions (compared to what they are planning long term) is troubling. Maybe teething issues as transactions  increase but I would have thought a sub 10 second close time would be maintained. 

image.thumb.png.c0e953a43f5186fa78d407b0979447e0.png

That was my thought as well. Some others on the forum thought and we saw some evidence to corroborate that they were doing some back end work, which makes sense. 

I saw transactions up to 15 per second a couple days ago, so it was ll inconsistent to be sure. 

Have to imagine they were doing some work on the validators or whatever. 

Hopefully......