The Countdown Begins

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

S wift W ill E ventually L ose L everage

Got my XRP shirt just in time. Happy eclipse day (in the US)! Excited to see what happens over the next few days... XRP to the moon

Think about this for a second.  We're freakin out about a 3 or 4 cent increase.  Imagine what it'll be like when we're talkin dollars.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Kloppos said:

I would not use coinmarketcap but rather the official statistics from the ledger no?

https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/

We are currently by 816 mill which is a new all-time high (old one was 755 from march). So whatever the reason of the surge we got a new benchmark already now.

Unfortunately, xrpcharts has been wonky since at least Thursday...  it says that "verification for imported ledgers is currently paused". Also, we run a ripple validator, and, on Thursday August 17th, all of the validators started showing much higher levels of disagreement than normal. Not sure if the software for ripple charts just needs some work or if they are getting the validators updated and ready for something?

What about Fed's Faster Payment Task Force to recommend Ripple at some upcoming event yet to be announced?

or

Ripple to merge with another company or 2  so that there were 3 then 2 then 1?

Just guesses of course, but one would think that before a tweet from Ripple like that is sent, management blessed the tweet - and they intentionally used the world "mind blowing".

If it's just about some conference, or something not "mind blowing," it will come off as extremely irresponsible.   

18 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

What about Fed's Faster Payment Task Force to recommend Ripple at some upcoming event yet to be announced?

or

Ripple to merge with another company or 2  so that there were 3 then 2 then 1?

Just guesses of course, but one would think that before a tweet from Ripple like that is sent, management blessed the tweet - and they intentionally used the world "mind blowing".

If it's just about some conference, or something not "mind blowing," it will come off as extremely irresponsible.   

Animal spirits drive markets. >$950 bn in volume and still counting. Hope the tweet is not just about some conference. That'll be disgusting.

Hope some big announcement comes in the next tweets.

Edited by chinedukenneth
1 hour ago, Kloppos said:

We are currently by 816 mill which is a new all-time high (old one was 755 from march). So whatever the reason of the surge we got a new benchmark already now.

except coinmarketcap does rightfully include exchanges that xrp charts does not list

Just now, CodeCannibal said:

I am excited! :)

I hope XRP will hold this direction a long long time.. but to be honest - I don't believe that this uphill trip will hold long enough to "get to the moon".
Btw: of which price are you guys thinking when somebodys is yellign out that "to the moon" phrase?

This is a foreshadowing of what's to come in December Jan!  A glimpse

In watching the trades being made via a couple exchanges during yesterday's frenzied climb, I noticed many, many trades that made absolutely no sense.

Seemingly random trades would be made that absolutely seemed to be attempts at upward manipulation of XRP price relative to BTC.

A scenario I saw many times over was downward pricing pressure being applied via several large volume bids of BTC sitting at levels .00001500 below the lowest Ask price during a period of negative momentum in XRP value. As the detente of bidders and sellers would entrench, a seeming random and highly misguided instant buy would be made with a sizable BTC amount for a price that was almost .00001000 above the current low Ask.  This would in some instances break the detente, but in other cases it took 1 to 3 additional seemingly misguided buys.

Obviously you can't stop someone with sizable reserves from playing both sides of the game in attempts to move the market in the direction that supports their end goal, but it was nonetheless head scratching for someone like me who has a little less liquidity and volume.

All this said - I suppose it's equally or perhaps even more plausible that some traders are new to this and simply don't understand how to trade or use the proper trade in a scenario.