rowling

The Countdown Begins

Just now, one_giant_leap said:

Can someone explain to me like ELI5 what this value means? What means is 8 and what is 1000? Please.

image.png.63d616cffd47aa2ea9e40a66f357fea6.png

The number on the left is current transactions per second (TPS) and the one on the right is current possible maximum.

7 minutes ago, Flashos said:

The number on the left is current transactions per second (TPS) and the one on the right is current possible maximum.

Are you sure that number on the left is current transactions per second? I always was sure that XRP Ledger consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second :unsure:

hmm.JPG

2 minutes ago, one_giant_leap said:

Are you sure that number on the left is current transactions per second? I always was sure that XRP Ledger consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second :unsure:

hmm.JPG

It is current. The 1500 TPS is just the capacity of the ledger.

3 minutes ago, one_giant_leap said:

hmm.JPG

And who makes 1500 transactions per second? You? :P

Maybe in future if large banks will use xrp

1 minute ago, one_giant_leap said:

That image is the marketing of what Can Be not what Currently Is.  The system is scalable and will handle the load as the load grows.  Right now it's been performance tested at 1500 tps I believe.  But they quote 1000+ to be conservative....   which is a good thing in a finance related company.

8 hours ago, Kloppos said:

Wow now we are by 410+ mill trade and 10+ ledger trade.  Especially the ledger trade high is interesting as normally in average over last months it was between 2-4 mill. Will watch closely over next days.

We are scratching even on the all-time high by trade volumne (755 mill in march) with now 635 mill. By ledger trade volumne all-time high we are still a bit away as we have now 16+ and the all-time high was 33+ mill also in march.

I don't want to be too much of a downer, because this is exciting, but the news seems to be more about a conference or informational/educational campaign than a big reveal about usage of XRP or a new partnership etc. Could be related to "Swell", Ripple's new trademark related to financial education. I'm looking forward to the next two tweets potentially containing bigger news though. 

Agreed very minimal information and any hints look based around content / education / conference then major deals. Until the market confirms evidence of XRP institutional usage (large scale) I cant see major price movements in contrast to what we have seen from other cryptos.

Hopefully its good news / Hopefully the news does not "disappoint" the market.