Jump to content
CryptoJym

Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse on CNBC Africa

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Sebastian said:

The thing is, Ripple is horrible at marketing XRP.  Rather than go through that long winded explanation of how XRP works, why not say something like this? 

"Currently, it takes on average 4 days for cross border payments to settle.  Bitcoin, which is highly volatile, takes around an hour to settle and is limited to 10 transactions per second.  XRP, which is stable, takes 4 seconds to settle and can handle 50,000 transactions per second."

The point is everyone knows what Bitcoin is so they then can relate to the advantages of XRP.  You need to know your audience and explain the use case in the simplest terms possible.

excellent point, Sebastian.  Leveraging the buzz-word that Bitcoin is will go a long way piquing interest.  Simple is also always better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sebastian said:

The thing is, Ripple is horrible at marketing XRP.  Rather than go through that long winded explanation of how XRP works, why not say something like this? 

"Currently, it takes on average 4 days for cross border payments to settle.  Bitcoin, which is highly volatile, takes around an hour to settle and is limited to 10 transactions per second.  XRP, which is stable, takes 4 seconds to settle and can handle 50,000 transactions per second."

The point is everyone knows what Bitcoin is so they then can relate to the advantages of XRP.  You need to know your audience and explain the use case in the simplest terms possible.

The crypto space has less than 1% of the worlds attention right now. You are wrong to assume "everyone knows what bitcoin is"

CNBC is a large news network, possibly millions of people will see that clip from Brad.  

Fact is most people in the world do not know what bitcoin is, they might have a vague understanding at best. Using bitcoin as the foundation of your explanation is non starter ...its a bad idea. Then he has to go into more details explaining Bitcoin.

Edited by deepinripple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

excellent point, Sebastian.  Leveraging the buzz-word that Bitcoin is will go a long way piquing interest.  Simple is also always better.

For who? Speculators or smart long term investors like banks/fi's? Different markets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, diggitydog said:

For who? Speculators or smart long term investors like banks/fi's? Different markets

When on CNBC, I would assume you're speaking to the masses, amateur investors / adopters.  Absolutely not trying to close any deals with FI's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

When on CNBC, I would assume you're speaking to the masses, amateur investors / adopters.  Absolutely not trying to close any deals with FI's.

True but they are a leader in fintech and also happen to have the third most(now fourth) biggest market cap in crypto despite never appealing to speculators or  day traders so I'm assuming they're not going to turn down the many interview requests they get with the press.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last two bank tellers I spoke to had never heard of Bitcoin far less Ripple....     we are in a small community that is leaking out to the wider one, but is definitely not pervasive yet.
 

Tech folk and financially savvy know about it, but a significant number of the general viewing public do not.   At least here in my neck of the woods....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

The last two bank tellers I spoke to had never heard of Bitcoin far less Ripple....     we are in a small community that is leaking out to the wider one, but is definitely not pervasive yet.
 

Tech folk and financially savvy know about it, but a significant number of the general viewing public do not.   At least here in my neck of the woods....

Agreed - we need to do more!  the moonshot promotion was great.  I'm buying swag to wear and place on my car as bumper stickers, but yeah, we need more mass-marketing and social media marketing!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Tech folk and financially savvy know about it, but a significant number of the general viewing public do not.   At least here in my neck of the woods....

Same here in Arkansas... Very, very few people have even heard of the word crypto anything. We should start a campaign and everyone on this site make up a short news bulletin and place them under windshield wipers in walmart parking lots. It could say something like, "Ripple/XRP Cryptocurency, coming soon... look it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...