@hodor --- Good Read! I basically agree with you about China and Ripple. I would add the caveat that the Chinese market will probably adopt it (potentially) at a slower pace than what's happened with SBI in Japan, and the Korean Ripple market. The PBOC (Chinese central bank) and related agencies are still very wary of a fully open financial market -- and the "Made in China" push by the government is still alive and well in the Finance and Intellectual Property area; perhaps even more so then in the Manufacturing sector.  Trillions of Chinese bank assets may not instantly translate into proportional business to Ripple. From what I read; I think the Ripple team is aware of that and they're ready for a slower, but steady growth profile in China.  

2 hours ago, xrpaware said:

The PBOC (Chinese central bank) and related agencies are still very wary of a fully open financial market -- and the "Made in China" push by the government is still alive and well in the Finance and Intellectual Property area; perhaps even more so then in the Manufacturing sector.  Trillions of Chinese bank assets may not instantly translate into proportional business to Ripple. From what I read; I think the Ripple team is aware of that and they're ready for a slower, but steady growth profile in China.  

You are probably spot on.  That said, I want to point something out.  Look at the current impact that South Korea has had on XRP volume.  Now consider this: The population of South Korea is currently 51 million people.  The population of China is 1,379 million people.  That means that the potential market is roughly 27 times as big as South Korea. 

But you are right about adoption, so let's take a look at Ethereum trading which has a better foothold currently in China than XRP:

The current mix for Ethereum (~ August 13):

top-20-ethereum-exchanges-trading-volumes-august-13.thumb.png.f5e16e901c17d81d06e69a1c451546ff.png

So what it looks like is that Ethereum adoption is also slowly progressing, but we can see that CNY is a great percentage of the KRW trade volume as well. 

It will happen for XRP, the only question is will it take one month or two?  :this:

41 minutes ago, Hodor said:

You are probably spot on.  That said, I want to point something out.  Look at the current impact that South Korea has had on XRP volume.  Now consider this: The population of South Korea is currently 51 million people.  The population of China is 1,379 million people.  That means that the potential market is roughly 27 times as big as South Korea. 

But you are right about adoption, so let's take a look at Ethereum trading which has a better foothold currently in China than XRP:

The current mix for Ethereum (~ August 13):

top-20-ethereum-exchanges-trading-volumes-august-13.thumb.png.f5e16e901c17d81d06e69a1c451546ff.png

So what it looks like is that Ethereum adoption is also slowly progressing, but we can see that CNY is a great percentage of the KRW trade volume as well. 

It will happen for XRP, the only question is will it take one month or two?  :this:

Hey -- let's not get greedy!! :beach: