Cryptoking

XRP to $5 by end of 2017 prediction.

This same theme has reiterated itself many, many times in this forum.  Most people here are hopeful of an increase, and want to think that the factors you referenced will contribute to that.  And most of us would be thrilled to see your prediction come true.  However, it feels to be very speculative to me, and probably fairly unlikely within the time frame you are suggesting.  We are all guessing, with some of us on the far end of optimism, and others quite a distance from that.  What most of us would probably agree about is the high quality of the company and the very good prospects that Ripple and XRP seem to have in the future, based on current facts that we know.  Beyond that, it probably would be wise to patiently wait and see, and to walk away from the computer to enjoy the real world in the meantime.  Cheers!

The reason of my price estimation is that the market CAP valuation will be changed due to the escrow lock down, this will invariably force the price of XRP up. Even if the supply constraints are self initiated investors will see the circulating supply to be small and therefore attribute more value to the asset dispelling any worry of over saturation in supply.

So a price of $5 per unit is very achievable at current valuations. 

But I thought the coins going into escrow are currently held by Ripple, and not actually in circulation anyway.  So I don't see how the public will perceive this as a sudden shortage of coins in circulation.  Yes I get that the lockup should allay the fears of investors otherwise worried about a massive coin dump and flooding the market, thereby increasing the supply/demand ratio.  While the escrow should reduce investor fears,  I'm not convinced that the remaining 38B supply in circulation will be perceived as "small."  

"Today we are permanently removing that uncertainty by committing to place 55 billion XRP into a cryptographically-secured escrow account by the end of 2017. By securing the lion’s share of our XRP, investors can now mathematically verify the maximum supply of XRP that can enter the market."

Excerpt from one of there announcements. I believe Ripple is still insentivising exchanges and market makers by providing XRP to them from the current 55B they hold. By the end of 2017 the available volume to these exchanges will be far more scarce thus increasing XRP price for trading purposes. 

Edited by Cryptoking

the lock up amount is already factored into the price  - from coin market cap.com

Name    Market cap                 Price                                   Circulating Supply                         24 hour volume

Ripple     $6,120,060,603     $0.159610                        38,343,841,883 XRP *               $101,288,000

the 55 billion is not even factored in .  Now if the lockup doesn't happen this goes straight to $.005 or lower.

9 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

the lock up amount is already factored into the price  - from coin market cap.com

Name    Market cap                 Price                                   Circulating Supply                         24 hour volume

Ripple     $6,120,060,603     $0.159610                        38,343,841,883 XRP *               $101,288,000

the 55 billion is not even factored in .  Now if the lockup doesn't happen this goes straight to $.005 or lower.

But ppl. still thinks that Ripple Labs are going to sell their 55 billion XRPs to drop the price unless the lockup happens.

Which is funny actually, because why would Ripple want to do that to destroy the $ of XRPs.

42 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

This is not the actual case, in reality the total supply I believe is still available to market makers. So when the lockup happens officially at the end of 2017 the price of XRP will most certainly go north :)

I disagree with the whole "lockup is already factored in theory" I think it's nonsense to even entertain that idea. Because until it's locked up it can theoretically still be dumped onto the market. 

People who are into crypto's are here mainly bc those people who hate gov's and corp's were persistent in their hatred and distrust for said entities. So why should they all of the sudden trust a company who say they will do lockup?

the lockup will IMO have a great effect on price when it's finally enacted. What would also be of great effect is if someone from ripple will come out and give us info on when they're going to start focusing on the price of XRP instead of releasing a statement like they did the other day where @JoelKatz said the company was not focusing on the price of XRP at this time. 

That feeling when everyone is panicking and selling $XRP, but you buy more, coz you know it will pay off very soon ?

IMG_7718.JPG

@Sandman That wasn't Joel Katz that wrote that that it was Miguel Vias, and to be fair he did mention  that basically if the company succeeds that xrp's price would rise.  I'm sure he meant to leave the impression that they are working hard on having banks adopt the protocol and xrp without fretting over the near term price of xrp and that once banks sign on xrp would rise accordingly due to its usage.  

Basically saying this is a real business and a real service  and this is not a pump scam coin, that this is actually going to be used -  so stop being a bunch of whiney babies.   Not an instantly gratifying response but a response you would expect from a legit company.

Edited by Eric123

Yes it was Miguel my bad. But i totally agree with you. Hence last part of my previous post. I just get annoyed when people say the lockup is already priced in bc it's clearly not. The majority of crypto holders don't trust any gov or corp system that's in "control" crypto has survived all these years from that mentality. This new technology is a product of that ideology. If you look on any forum the main criticism of ripple is the centralization of the company itself so that's basically what everyone is waiting for before they pull the trigger. Ripple is a hybrid of the old and new systems. I truly believe in it which is why I'm here I'm not here for an overnight spike. This is revolutionary. #StopWhining the person who made this original thread I think hit it spot on.