Sign in to follow this  
Dsimmo

Ripple and The Uberization of Banks

Makes sense. Like a good game of chess, Chris Larsen and team are no doubt planning ahead a few moves. 

Guest Haydentiff

Back in the olden days (2 yrs ago) we used to speculate (maybe it was just me) that every person would become a gateway. This quote from the article reminded me of that:

"in the future people will not need a bank; they will need banking."

I was reminded of it again during a discussion on Twitter about the possibility of the Central Bank issuing crypto as legal tender. If that were to happen, people wouldn't need bank accounts because there would be no need to redeem value.

11 hours ago, Altcoinbonanza said:

Two big plays that I love, one is ripple and storjcoin. Both innovative and competitive to the core.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Why storjcoin mate..? Could u plz provide more info on how its different and reasons behind ur belief. I dont knw anything abt storjcoin..

Storjcoin is a decentralized cloud service provider that is going through three test modes before they go live with actual real paying customers. You could either store very sensitive information on the storj network (that is decentralized unlike Microsoft, Google, Barracuda, Dropbox & Amazon cloud services that can get hacked). If you wish you can lease your available hard drive space and earn storjcoin in this way and become like a "miner" but really your what they call a farmer. Cool, because all your doing is renting your unused space and making money in process. Still learning. Watch their video on www.storj.io and tell me what you think.

I think this is the revolutionary type of asset that really changes markets and brings true innovation to the forefront.

13 minutes ago, Altcoinbonanza said:

Storjcoin is a decentralized cloud service provider that is going through three test modes before they go live with actual real paying customers. You could either store very sensitive information on the storj network (that is decentralized unlike Microsoft, Google, Barracuda, Dropbox & Amazon cloud services that can get hacked). If you wish you can lease your available hard drive space and earn storjcoin in this way and become like a "miner" but really your what they call a farmer. Cool, because all your doing is renting your unused space and making money in process. Still learning. Watch their video on www.storj.io and tell me what you think.

I think this is the revolutionary type of asset that really changes markets and brings true innovation to the forefront.

Looks very interesting.

How do you intend to invest, by becoming a farmer?

I was wondering what technique is behind it, i.e. is all storage replicated on every node? That would require a lot of storage. Or is the intended usage small peaces of storage. If they do not store everything everywhere, how do they guarantee that storage is not lost? 

Edit.. and found the answer:

No. To protect against node failures and downtime the Storj network defaults to three redundant storage nodes. If you manually lowered the number of nodes storing their files to a single node, then your file would be inaccessible until it came back online.

Also, if your files are stored with multiple nodes and one goes offline, the Storj network will automatically find another node to take over the open contract so your files continue to be available.

22 minutes ago, Altcoinbonanza said:

I have storjcoin already. I'm just now looking into the farming aspect.

The benefits will have to outweigh the costs...

The costs are in buying storage, keeping it online (electricity) and bandwidth .. Will the benefits be higher? Interesting to see how this will go..