Ripple Confirms China Expansion Plans, Shoots Down Alibaba Rumor

Xrphunter

3 minutes ago, JuanSEV said:

Sorry guys, but WTF??? I´m not an IT guy, not near..  could someone please explain why would this happen considering a scenario where Alibaba is definitely not working with Ripple whatsoever..?? 

This happened a few moments ago: 

599370109e301_Capturadepantalla2017-08-1519_06_16.thumb.png.477da1a9f7ab574ee952e4115aefb16c.png

59937022842c0_Capturadepantalla2017-08-1519_06_00.thumb.png.3c11997511913ad97a99e874702d3d85.png

going bananas about this hahahah.. 

seems suspicious hahaha :-) ideal partner for a use case in bridging cross border payments thought.

I have not seen this on the Chat, it states it was first announced last Thursday on XRP Chat. Doing a Search on XRP Chat it didn't show up anywhere.

Emi Yoshikawa, Ripple's director of joint venture partnership, told CoinDesk:

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-confirms-china-expansion-plans-shoots-alibaba-rumor/

Edited by karlos
merged

No it is not off topic... this is a discussion about CONTROL of Internet finance.

The US lacks the infra-structure to compete with China and Russia. Energy, hardware, communications bandwidth are all working against the US... plus regulatory burden. I guess you have heard of Zug Switerland is the home global crypto development.

It is simple.

1 hour ago, 1911Falcon said:

I have not seen this on the Chat, it states it was first announced last Thursday on XRP Chat. Doing a Search on XRP Chat it didn't show up anywhere.

Emi Yoshikawa, Ripple's director of joint venture partnership, told CoinDesk:

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-confirms-china-expansion-plans-shoots-alibaba-rumor/

Its all started here: 

3 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

If Bitcoin Cash does the following:

• integrates with Bitcoin
  • cuts its transaction resolution time to 10 seconds

Then Ripple will be in serious trouble. Banks will be under serious pressure to... me too... adopt Bitcoin and will implement Lightning Networks to the Bitcoin backbone.

Where is Ripple in this scenario??

--

The banks have lost control. Negative interest rates and dead wood visions. High school kids are becoming millionaires while their parents function in non-tech spaces. The bricks and mortar banks are history.

Ethereum has new functionality and incredible funding.

--

Ripple management are doing the best they can...

• no eco-systems
  • no real product adoption today
  • no wallets
  • and a crypto competitor space that hates Ripple because they are with the financial community which is completely corrupt
  • and focused entirely on a dead wood banking sector... this is Chris Larsen's legacy.

What could possibly go wrong?

:-)

--

As I recall... 6 months ago, I gave Ripple 12-24 months to pull the rabbit out of the hat. Then it was because Ethereum had an unstoppable Eco-system and research ties to the universities. Now it is because Bitcoin is taking the oxygen out of the room. Ripple will increasingly be compared with Bitcoin in executive board room decisions.

So... Ripple should be prepared to trot Chris Larsen out to explain how they can compete today.... how Ripple went from second to somewhere in the pack.

Not bloody good.

Did you sell just before the big run up?

13 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

No it is not off topic... this is a discussion about CONTROL of Internet finance.

The US lacks the infra-structure to compete with China and Russia. Energy, hardware, communications bandwidth are all working against the US... plus regulatory burden. I guess you have heard of Zug Switerland is the home global crypto development.

It is simple.

Yep and than you've that president who wants to go back in time. And with that going back I not just mean KKK and slavery and white supremacy and gayfobie.... He also wants to go back to a closed economy controlled by a few and with most or even all of the powers to him and only him. THAT is old school. What Ripple and cryptocurrency stands for is completely the opposite: global economies working with all of us and for all of us, borderless fund moving, not just for the happy few, but now for all humans great and small, the individual and the whole crowd taking control, not just a "big white leader" moving the buttons of money... That all is what Ripple stands for and that all is what Trump wants to set back. His "advancement" in a "great" America is just for him and a few of his friends with the big, big mountains of capital gained by the sweat of the small wages.
Power to the people, to crypto, to Ripple???? Forget it with Trump. Doesn't fit in his plans.... Unless it can help in adding to HIS fortune and powers....