Ripple Confirms China Expansion Plans, Shoots Down Alibaba Rumor

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ripple is opening up about its plans to enter one of the world's largest markets...... https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-confirms-china-expansion-plans-shoots-alibaba-rumor/

Dude, I recoomend you to take a chill pill. There's a lot of if's and when's in your story, but nothing even close to reality. Plus if 6 months ago you gave Ripple 12-24 months, that would mean that y

boy, how did a China rumor post turn into a US politics debate.  

Posted Images

Just published on CoinDesk:

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-confirms-china-expansion-plans-shoots-alibaba-rumor/

Emi Yoshikawa, Ripple's director of joint venture partnership, told CoinDesk:

"China is a key market for a global payments network, which is why we are looking to build a presence there. Total cross-border [business-to-business] payment value involving China is $5 trillion annually, and the large Chinese e-commerce market currently lacks a highly efficient and low-cost solution.

"Alibaba (the company) is not running a validator."

We already knew that. As someone rightfully corrected me here, and on Reddit, running a rippled server (or peer), which is what's shown in the list of addresses I posted, is not the same as running a validator. This doesn't Confirm Ripple is not working with Alibaba, as the article implies. In fact, Ripple specifically didn't deny this.

Why would this be the first rumor they ever responded to? The half-truth denial in confirmation in and of itself.

More CoinDesk #FakeNews... Actual fake news, not like when Trump says is.

Edited by Tehol_Beddict

If Bitcoin Cash does the following:

• integrates with Bitcoin
  • cuts its transaction resolution time to 10 seconds

Then Ripple will be in serious trouble. Banks will be under serious pressure to... me too... adopt Bitcoin and will implement Lightning Networks to the Bitcoin backbone.

Where is Ripple in this scenario??

--

The banks have lost control. Negative interest rates and dead wood visions. High school kids are becoming millionaires while their parents function in non-tech spaces. The bricks and mortar banks are history.

Ethereum has new functionality and incredible funding.

--

Ripple management are doing the best they can...

• no eco-systems
  • no real product adoption today
  • no wallets
  • and a crypto competitor space that hates Ripple because they are with the financial community which is completely corrupt
  • and focused entirely on a dead wood banking sector... this is Chris Larsen's legacy.

What could possibly go wrong?

:-)

--

As I recall... 6 months ago, I gave Ripple 12-24 months to pull the rabbit out of the hat. Then it was because Ethereum had an unstoppable Eco-system and research ties to the universities. Now it is because Bitcoin is taking the oxygen out of the room. Ripple will increasingly be compared with Bitcoin in executive board room decisions.

So... Ripple should be prepared to trot Chris Larsen out to explain how they can compete today.... how Ripple went from second to somewhere in the pack.

Not bloody good.

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

"Alibaba (the company) is not running a validator."

We already knew that. As someone rightfully corrected me here, and on Reddit, running a rippled server (or peer), which is what's shown in the list of addresses I posted, is not the same as running a validator. This doesn't Confirm Ripple is not working with Alibaba, as the article implies. In fact, Ripple specifically didn't deny this.

Why would this be the first rumor they ever responded to? The half-truth denial in confirmation in and of itself.

More CoinDesk #FakeNews... Actual fake news, not like when Trump says is.

Hi All! , I do believe some of the expressions used in the Coindesk article are kind of misleading the whole thing:

5993513e97e85_Capturadepantalla2017-08-15ala(s)16_56_47.png.fd54854a1298110332b358093c3a414e.png

When the Writer says "Ripple Spoke person said such an effort is not in the works" it refers to "Alibaba (The Chinese Mammoth in this case) helping Ripple maneuver its way into the country (china)".  The fact that he supports this statement with "Alibaba (the Company) is not running a validator" it´s way tricky in my opinion.

Emi Yoshikawa hasn´t tweeted or said to Coindesk' writter that Ripple is not entering China with Alibaba, nor that Alibaba is not going to help/work with Ripple (or the viceversa). 

Besides it said and quoted " Alibaba (the company) is not running a Validator". Validators could be running in Hong Kong by another company that holds the Alipay/Alibaba cloud services. Not that I´m saying this is like this, but just proving my point that the article that appeared in Coindesk just doesn´t sound right. 

Edited by JuanSEV