one_giant_leap

Please, just explain one thing for me

As we all know the current structure of the XRP protocol makes that it is not possible to send less than 20 XRP on a new account, and you must also always have a minimum of 20 XRP on your account.

Few months ago this amount was 50 XRP.

I would like to know what happens to the quantity amount difference in XRP in the case of decrease.

I will explain what I mean. For example, at this moment we have these 20 XRP that are locked as reserve. But let’s imagine, that on the 1st of September a protocol will be updated and this will allow to activate the account and make a new wallet just with 1 XRP. What will happen with the rest of the balance? Can we give back and spend those 19 XRP?

4 minutes ago, one_giant_leap said:

As we all know the current structure of the XRP protocol makes that it is not possible to send less than 20 XRP on a new account, and you must also always have a minimum of 20 XRP on your account.

Few months ago this amount was 50 XRP.

I would like to know what happens to the quantity amount difference in XRP in the case of decrease.

I will explain what I mean. For example, at this moment we have these 20 XRP that are locked as reserve. But let’s imagine, that on the 1st of September a protocol will be updated and this will allow to activate the account and make a new wallet just with 1 XRP. What will happen with the rest of the balance? Can we give back and spend those 19 XRP?

yes the 19 XRP gets unlocked.