RunVert

IOTA #5 Marketcap

Got in when it was under .25, just two weeks ago or so.  Currently at ~0.94 and looks like it might break $1.00 VERY soon (today..tomorrow?-- Wish I had put in MUCH more than I did when it was under a quarter)

For those on here who also buy IOTA, you think it will drop back down to 0.40 or something?  Its been on a tear the last week without showing any signs of slowing down.

I think IOTA is really interesting, but this seems like a bubble to me.  They only trade on 1 exchange: Bitfinex.  Bitfinex announced that they are dropping all US customers in the next 90 days, and have stopped accepting new US verifications.   

Once there are additional exchanges that can show a true representation of market sentiment we will have a better idea of the true value of IOTA.

As of today, it seems like a bit of an echo chamber, but what do I know?  I'm just a bitter guy living in NY who can't buy IOTA.

27 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I think IOTA is really interesting, but this seems like a bubble to me.  They only trade on 1 exchange: Bitfinex.  Bitfinex announced that they are dropping all US customers in the next 90 days, and have stopped accepting new US verifications.   

Once there are additional exchanges that can show a true representation of market sentiment we will have a better idea of the true value of IOTA.

As of today, it seems like a bit of an echo chamber, but what do I know?  I'm just a bitter guy living in NY who can't buy IOTA.

Hopefully another exchange or shapeshift will support IOTA before the 90 days is up. I suppose you could always trade someone an equal dollar amount of XRP for IOTA....that might be a solution for you.

and I hear ya, I only made a Bitfinex account to get some IOTA. Not a fan of Bitfinex though.

I am hoping Shapeshift will support IOTA soon. I contacted them about it and they said "It is on our discovery list! We add coins regularly, so keep an eye on our twitter feed to check out new coins!"

Its so hard to figure out the bottom for IOTA because like you said its only on one exchange....not to mention it might be YEARS away from implementation into real world tech. Definitely a long term hold IMO. Hoping you are right about the bubble!....I wanna stock up!  lol

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

This service change only concerns cash/Fiat deposits right?? We can still, for example, transfer Bitcoin or Ethereum to Bitfinex to exchange for IOTA…or is it any transactions for US customers??

I would sell, hold the cash and see what happens. You might be able to buy at a discount. The rise has been VERY fast. Reasonable chance for a contraction, especially if BTC undergoes any reversal on the way to $5K.

7 hours ago, Nedkt said:

I would sell, hold the cash and see what happens. You might be able to buy at a discount. The rise has been VERY fast. Reasonable chance for a contraction, especially if BTC undergoes any reversal on the way to $5K.

yep that's what i'm thinking, it might bounce a bit before the $1 and head down to 0.6-0.8

but i really have no idea -- if it breaks $1 without a sweat then it'll be fun