Vivaladiem

Never use Minimalist-Ripple-Wallet on IOS. I lost my xrp

Hi

I used Minimalist-Ripple-Client Wallet on Ipad(I thought IOS is safe)

wallet : https://jatchili.github.io/minimalist-ripple-client/

code : https://github.com/jatchili/minimalist-ripple-client

and I think I lost my xrp... never use this, at least on IOS.

I generated an account, encrypted it, saved address account / secret key / encrypted key

Something strange was that whenever I 'set identity' on Minimalist using ipad,  it show me diffrent account addresses every time.

I just thought that that is nothing because I didn't know well about crypto coin wallet.

So I sent 20 xrp to this account for test, it worked well, and then I put 2000 xrp which I can't withdraw again.

it occured an error like this

{"result":"tejMaxLedger","result_message":"Transaction LastLedgerSequence exceeded","engine_result":"tejMaxLedger","engine_result_message":"Transaction LastLedgerSequence exceeded","message":"Transaction LastLedgerSequence exceeded"}

which I can't understand,

but I tried on other sites, and it said the master key is not matched with the account.

---Edited---

error code on another site(https://ripplerm.github.io/ripple-wallet/)

Status:[PRELIMINARY], Result: tefBAD_AUTH_MASTER: Auth for unclaimed account needs correct master key. 

-------------

I think the problem is IOS can't execute codes of the site propery, so it generated wrong address or key.

when I set identity on Windows Chrome, it show me a same account always.

Maybe I can't find my 2000 Xrp again.... very sad...

never use this on IOS... and please let me know if there are some possible way to solve this...

Edited by Vivaladiem

3 minutes ago, Vivaladiem said:

{"result":"tejMaxLedger","result_message":"Transaction LastLedgerSequence exceeded","engine_result":"tejMaxLedger","engine_result_message":"Transaction LastLedgerSequence exceeded","message":"Transaction LastLedgerSequence exceeded"}

That error is usually because of slow network, heavy load on the server or temporarily high fee on the server. 

Same issue with address/seed generator producing a mismatch on safari. Idiotically did not test the combo before transferring xrp to it (it was after all supposed to be a cold wallet). 

I'm assuming it is permanently lost. Unfortunate that there isn't a mechanism to recover for such utter f* ups by users like me similar to the us mint mutilated currency division, which will allow recovery of cash destroyed (e.g. burned) in the amount they can confirm. 

I've used the minimalist client for years without issue (even very recently to move funds between cold wallets) wallet is fine and secure but clearly it's not working correctly with Safari, anyway it's always a good idea to test your generated wallet at least once..

Btw Karlos already removed links to this wallet.

Edited by namini

2 hours ago, karlos said:

Thank Jed you mean. He screwed us all out of a proper wallet.

So, what would you all recommend for those of us on Macs?   I would like to move my zerps off the exchanges but don't feel confident enough with available cold wallet options. 

No... Ripple lacks the leadership to ensure that there are wallets.

Ripple is taking the position that they will not necessarily run the Ripple Network and also they are not customer facing. I expect that their agreement with US regulatory agencies states this.

Funny, Ripple thinks it is a global solution and yet bows to US regulation.

Go figure... Larson parked happily in the California... wants a global solution under US regulation!

--

This is a failure of leadership. Ripple has been stagnant for years because of a lack of leadership. The only thing that keeps them afloat is the XRP that they sell monthly and the quality of their technology which offers significant advantages to Bitcoin. 

I am not a supporter of Ripple executives. The sooner they bail out and retire the better, then the Ripple Network can evolve as it was meant to via peer-to-peer transactions.

So the focus today, is to develop peer-to-peer applications that will demonstrate that there is no longer a need for centralized banking services. 

--

It would be useful to learn from Ryan Fugger what his view of 'a' Ripple Network should be.

@rfugger

Edited by Max Entropy

2 hours ago, Sharkey said:

So, what would you all recommend for those of us on Macs?   I would like to move my zerps off the exchanges but don't feel confident enough with available cold wallet options. 

I use Rippex on my Mac ... works flawlessly.