Jump to content

Banking solutions for marijuana dispensaries


maverick
 Share

Recommended Posts

Currently there is a booming business for medical marijuana in States that it is sanctioned as legal.  Yet, this business continues to largely be dominated as cash only, as no banks want them as their customers.

What if we launched a targeted marketing program to educate and facilitate these unbanked businesses to use XRP in place of cash?  Their money would be even safer with a multisign wallet like BitGo.  Typical dispensary operations today operate with a large physical safe of cash to function as their 'bank account' and carries with it many physical risks (ie robbery) and inconvenience (ie cash counting, transporting cash safely, failure to deliver funds either deliberate or accidental both which slow business).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

XRP is a more liquid market and widely accepted market which can tolerate larger quantities of payments than potcoin.  Many people already own XRP and its easier for them to transact with as XRP as it is best for payments which is the exact use case.  I think if more dispensaries were aware of it they would at least pilot it.

Edited by maverick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, maverick said:

XRP is a more liquid market and widely accepted market which can tolerate larger quantities of payments than potcoin.  Many people already own XRP and its easier for them to transact with as XRP as it is best for payments which is the exact use case.  I think if more dispensaries were aware of it they would at least pilot it.

You just want to buy some pot with your XRP :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maverick said:

What if we launched a targeted marketing program to educate and facilitate these unbanked businesses to use XRP in place of cash?  

What's your plan?

33 minutes ago, ThomasTheTGV said:

Wouldn't Stellar be a more appropriate platform for that?

Who? ;)

Edited by Ripplezzzz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, maverick said:

Currently there is a booming business for medical marijuana in States that it is sanctioned as legal.  Yet, this business continues to largely be dominated as cash only, as no banks want them as their customers.

What if we launched a targeted marketing program to educate and facilitate these unbanked businesses to use XRP in place of cash?  Their money would be even safer with a multisign wallet like BitGo.  Typical dispensary operations today operate with a large physical safe of cash to function as their 'bank account' and carries with it many physical risks (ie robbery) and inconvenience (ie cash counting, transporting cash safely, failure to deliver funds either deliberate or accidental both which slow business).

 

The challenges of the new cannabis dispensaries are getting some press - traditional banks won't touch their money because it's still technically against the federal law, which is currently kind of an un-funded type of mandate.  I know they've done some "token" raids in California (pun absolutely intended), but really they leave the states alone at this point now that legalization is clearly catching on. 

The states are making amazing profits through taxation. 

However, these dispensaries still need to handle their cash.  And yeah... they do use BTC and Potcoin and (name your coin) to transact, but they still can't get it into their bank account unless they convert that into fiat.  It would indeed be nice to be able to more easily convert the crypto into fiat.  Another reason why we need bank adoption here in the United States!  I don't think it would negatively affect the XRP Ledger reputation if it's a bank converting XRP into Fiat (who knows where that money comes from?).

However, the bank will still know that the account belongs to a "pot business", so I don't know that using the XRP Ledger solves the problem? 

Edited by Hodor
grammar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 years later...

This is a good business if you invest in it correctly. In addition, it is necessary to be able to understand such a topic.
It is best to entrust the entire process to exceptional service. One of these companies helped me a lot in dispensary seed to sale. They have such a well-thought-out logistics system that I don't have to worry at all. All movements and changes are tracked.
You can also start promoting yourself in this area, but it will be much more difficult. Moreover, these plants are very unpretentious.

Edited by Gaulithan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.