Hodor

Ripple Expanding into China!

12 hours ago, Mercury said:

So... what's the popular banana's equivalent in China?

I am looking more at investment banks, China has a few and has members countries from around the world (Canada for example). China also participates in others around the world. Lots of remittance.

All the trade Banks.

Ping An Bank, China Construction Bank...

Lots of export/import supporting, I mean, typical commercial banks. I'm sure they do have many crossborder operations. Problem is, all trade is in USD or EUR, so quite efficient corridors.

Then again, converting those two to CNY... Dunno... could be interesting.

9 hours ago, damascus1986 said:

guess i was gonna anyways  because my strange guy on reddit said watch it on the 13th. to the moon baby!!

Why the 13th? That's on a sunday Where most financial institutions are closed.? However I'm moon ready. I get more moonready every month as I keep investing in XRP while it's still cheap..

Just to put some critical thinking into practice, there is the possibility that Ripple is not after any Chinese bank, at least directly. Some of the current Ripple partners have operations in China and this just could be a local office/ operation center to deal more effectively with them. Of course if already on the ground other opportunities might come up...

The following links might be relevant... 

https://www.theasset.com/treasury/33302/this-pboc-circular-is-set-to-radically-change-online-payments-in-china

"The People’s Bank of China (PBoC) has issued a circular among Chinese banks and third-party payments platforms which is set to radically change the online payments landscape in China by introducing a sole intermediary clearing house to handle all transactions between payments companies and banks.

The new document requires all third-party platforms, such as WeChat Pay, Alipay and others, to connect with Wang'lian (网联), an independent clearing house jointly established by PBoC, other Chinese regulatory bodies and some payments companies."

Also interesting, "Noticeably, Alipay and Tenpay are also shareholders of Wang’lian." 

https://www.kapronasia.com/china-payments-research-category/item/888-qr-codes-helped-define-alipay-and-wechat-pay-but-now-they-might-be-their-biggest-challenge.html

"If we consider these two trends together, we could very well be at the cusp of 'forced' mobile-payment interoperability in China, if not globally. If a merchant accepts WeChat Pay, but you only have Alipay, no problem, swipe the WeChat Pay QR-code with your Alipay wallet and you're off."

How payments will operate under PBoCs new clearing house Wanglian.png

Edited by Kakoyla

4 hours ago, TheRippler said:

I'm based in Shanghai, China. I'm gonna start mass producing Ripple merchandise and sell it for XRPs. 

Ask not what Ripple can do for you! Ask what you can do for Ripple. :D Spread the word my brother! 

I'm based in Shanghai, China. I'm gonna start mass producing Ripple merchandise and sell it for XRPs. 

So, you are saying you are going to use another company's name, trademarked logo and reputation to make money for yourself without getting permission or paying a royalty? That's not right, my friend.

10 minutes ago, Artificer said:

So, you are saying you are going to use another company's name, trademarked logo and reputation to make money for yourself without getting permission or paying a royalty? That's not right, my friend.

LOL, I think he was joking... right, Rippler?

This comes almost a month to the day after Ripple's successful involvement in the Bund Fintech Summit in Shanghai. Great follow up. Connections must have been made.