1 minute ago, nikb said:

I believe that this was a problem—a truly terrible problem—in Safari's JS engine which has since been fixed.

Thanks for your response good sir.  (BTW my best wishes to you and your company...  I'm hoping to ride on your tail to success...  )

The wallet involved was using a older version....  is it now using the newer?  In other words has the problem truly been fixed for all ripple software wallets if users go to any of the links existing in tutorials currently?  

https://github.com/jatchili/minimalist-ripple-client was last updated in 2015 and contains a custom, not officially released version of ripple-lib.

Unfortunately Ripple themselves are NOT allowed to help anyone with any wallet problems due to the FinCen agreement. Your best bet is to test this yourself or use a different OS (or at least browser) on your Apple hardware.

2 hours ago, nikb said:

I believe that this was a problem—a truly terrible problem—in Safari's JS engine which has since been fixed.

New versions of the library will include improved sanity checks during key generation, and include a step that will robustly verify that the produced public/private keypair are correct and that message signing works properly before returning them to the user, so that if this issue rears its ugly head again, we will not be affected.

@nikb, if this problem was fixed, it needs to be pushed out to the github repo.  The current version 0.17.7 is the one that I first noticed the freezing issue for Apple devices due to Apple not processing the bignumbers library correctly.  That version is from May and still the same one that is on the latest releases page.  A recompile of ripplelib using the latest version of bignumbers easily fixes this, which is what my link points to (someone did this already and attached a fixed non-issue version of 0.17.7)

Edited by pftq

6 hours ago, Sukrim said:

I'm also looking forward to the upcoming language bindings - will there be a Python (3) and a Golang one?

(Native) C# and Java libraries also need some love.

10 hours ago, nikb said:

I was not referring to a freezing issue, but something else. I will certainly make taking a look at the freezing issue a high priority. Thanks!

Basically Apple upgraded its javascript engine in April-May.  Since then, all sites using Ripple lib no longer load for Apple devices using the newest OS version.  It's a complete freeze when you call any function in the API that uses bignumbers.js

On 10/08/2017 at 9:21 AM, nikb said:

And this is just the beginning. There will be more coming, including broader language support.

Please, don't forget support for Swift (or at least for plain C)

On 8/12/2017 at 0:14 AM, tulo said:

I'm using rippleAPI now and I have to admit that they are well done, organized and documented....if only they were in c++ :rolleyes:

+ websocket support & autobridging  and it would be perfect indeed

On 11/08/2017 at 3:26 AM, Sukrim said:

IMHO JavaScript is not the best language to do this stuff anyways

+1 for this.  It's certainly somewhat less than ideal to be coding event-driven financial applications that handle real-world money, in a language that can't necessarily be sure what any given value is at any given moment, and that readily furnishes the creation of asynchronous code equivalent to trying to eat instant noodles with a teaspoon.

(Edit: But I'm not bitter...)

Edited by Professor Hantzen