Vacek_aka_Luschka

Selling on one exchange, buying back on another

Is anyone skilled at this game and can provide a path to quick transfers ?

Right now, I can sell XRP for XBT on Kraken, then buy XRP back on Poloniex for less ...

Problem is, it takes 60+ minutes to move the XBT to Poloniex and anything could happen in that time.

Any faster path to the same end ? Moving XRP back to Kraken is obviously quick and painless.

I think the bottleneck is XBT. Though I guess it could be poloniex.... around 11am I sent some XRP from poloniex to gatehub yesterday and didn't receive it until past midnight

In the past all my XBT transfers took in the hour+ timeframe (between coinbase/gdax, kraken,  and poloniex)... I've had pretty good luck with ETH from gdax to polo, though. 

Edited by Campesino
Typo

The most successful arbitrage traders have liquidity at each exchange and the from each trade is a ledger item that gets balanced (daily, weekly, monthly).

So as an example, if you have 100k XRP on Kraken and 100k XRP on Polo, and you see an arbitrage opportunity you make the sell on one and instantly buy on the other.  You won't see the profit in your trade history on each exchange, but if you export the history and keep it in the same spreadsheet you can align the trade dates to show your daily profits for the total position across multiple exchanges.

Make sense?

5 minutes ago, Dennis said:

The most successful arbitrage traders have liquidity at each exchange and the from each trade is a ledger item that gets balanced (daily, weekly, monthly).

So as an example, if you have 100k XRP on Kraken and 100k XRP on Polo, and you see an arbitrage opportunity you make the sell on one and instantly buy on the other.  You won't see the profit in your trade history on each exchange, but if you export the history and keep it in the same spreadsheet you can align the trade dates to show your daily profits for the total position across multiple exchanges.

Make sense?

Thanks, this helps !

I see an opportunity to make 5-10% on a rolling basis, and this approach would make it reasonably simple ... although a lot of work keeping up with it all.

48 minutes ago, Xrphunter said:

Just be careful with this game because they might block your account.

Do the exchanges talk to each other ? It should simply appear I am buying and selling within an exchange?

I'm not talking about 100's of trades a day, but here and there i see the opportunity to increase positions ...

1 minute ago, Luschka said:

Do the exchanges talk to each other ? It should simply appear I am buying and selling within an exchange?

I'm not talking about 100's of trades a day, but here and there i see the opportunity to increase positions ...

I just telling what my friends experienced. Dont get me wrong bro. 

I have actually tried something similar to this. On exchanges with USDT and BTC pricing I can sometimes find the price gap to be big enough that I can sell XRP for BTC, convert BTC to USDT and buy back XRP at USDT prices. Takes a bit of math and a little luck. Stable price of XRP has made it harder, easier to do when something is pumping. I was doing this with NEO as it made its run over the past few days. Noticed BTC price was selling for nearly a dollar higher than the USDT price. I don't have much to play with but any amount I can increase is a win in my book.

Something to consider anyway.

Yeah I noticed this. Normally you can buy XRP on gatehub for cheaper but it all depends on being able to move it back and forth with ease.