TokenBaby

Free cross border payments, European growth, product features and new services

Here's my understanding: 

1. To participate in Circle, much like Venmo, I'm assuming that I have to "link" a funding source. 
  2. Then once my funds are available I'm able to send them through Circle to another Circle user? 

That's cool and everything, but I don't see end-user mobile apps being direct competitors to Ripple tech.  Ripple tech has to do with the plumbing of banks moving money across borders and for ForEx services sending money to bank accounts overseas. 

I would think they are trading xrp as a sort of hedge for their remittance service. It is probably on the exchanges in the needed countries. 

The fact that they are refusing to monetise remittances, and if they can afford it, - is a bit worrisome. 

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

Here's my understanding: 

1. To participate in Circle, much like Venmo, I'm assuming that I have to "link" a funding source. 
  2. Then once my funds are available I'm able to send them through Circle to another Circle user? 

That's cool and everything, but I don't see end-user mobile apps being direct competitors to Ripple tech.  Ripple tech has to do with the plumbing of banks moving money across borders and for ForEx services sending money to bank accounts overseas. 

Thanks @Hodor but my intent was highlighting the part about XRP.

3 hours ago, Hodor said:

Here's my understanding: 

Winter is coming

Free to send money  overseas however there is a $3000 dollar limit per week. Sounds like more of a competitor to venmo not ripple. 

I got this from their support page......

After cashing out from Circle, the transaction will be marked complete, and your money will arrive back to your card in 1 - 4 business days.

Note: Circle services are free but we charge 2.9% to cover the credit card transaction fees, if you still have a credit card that you use. No fees are applied when cashing out to a debit card or a bank account.