XRP decoupling from BTC?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same for Bitstamp, no need to buy btc first

After a lot of reading I decided to go all in with Ripple. I too am beginning to wonder if I made a bad choice it seems to be going nowhere fast but maybe I just need to be patient. After all the tort

I have been contacting the xchanges asking for them to go to xrp/usd its enough of having to buy btc first!

Hi Guys,
if you look the longterm chart, you can see, that Ripple sometimes tends to not follow the Bitcoin Trend immediately. But then, completely suddenly and unexpected, XRP explodes. It was so in the first half of this year, as well.

You have to know: Ripple is disregarded and hated by most crypto investors. But, honestly, a currency needs to be really used to have a real success longterm! 
That is not happening with Bitcoin, Ethereum and so on. They all hoard the monies only. And even if the price would be 10x the current price with BTC and ETH it will stay the same.

And that is, why I love ripple. It is different, as there is a real case, that it will be used by the banks to save fees in every transaction and so - indirectly by the customer also.

Ripple, in my humble opinion, is probably the best chance out there, if you have patience.

See this post.

"As it pertains to XRP’s use case, the most compelling market evolution in the second quarter was the growth in volume generally, and of fiat volumes specifically. In Q1, XRP/BTC contributed to 85% of total daily volume. In Q2 that number dropped to 63%. In fact, XRP/FIAT volumes in Q2 were 21 times greater than XRP/BTC volumes in Q1. While some of this can be attributed to growth in USD and EUR pairs at Bitstamp and Kraken, the bulk of this transition was due to increased activity on Korean exchanges. On May 14th, Coinone became the first exchange to list KRW/XRP. Bithumb and Korbit followed suit shortly thereafter. Since then KRW has represented 52.1% of total daily volume, easily surpassing every other cross, including BTC."

https://ripple.com/insights/q2-2017-xrp-markets-report/

be patient and HODL.  Remember XRP isnt live yet.  At least wait until 2018 and the first 6 months before deciding if your going to withdrawl or not.  This is a slow burn.  Me personally i bought a bunch and im just letting it sit.  5 + years or more intended.

39 minutes ago, hodleOdie said:

Bitcoin is manipulated all the time by plenty of stacked whales probably working together discretely  but it will only get harder to pump as price naturally rises.

Second, Poloniex does allow usd/ xrp. All you have to do is transfer fiat from coinbase to usd wallet.

Poloniex does not support USD-XRP. There is no USD wallet.

17 hours ago, Eric123 said:

@Winteriscomming how relevant is market cap.  seriously what is the actual number of holders with any real amount of xrp.  Certainly all 38 billion xrp isn't out to be traded, I'd bet a lot of that isn't moving and isn't gonna move, (I'd guess and I might be wrong) but I'd suspect the actual float isn't that high I'd bet, $ 25-50 million buys up all the XRP that can realistically be sold.  By my logic (which is probably flawed) $100 mill actual dollars coming in with buys  would move the "market cap"  many billions.  

Yes, your right and i agree with you, what i was trying to say is that after this "cryptocrisis" many traders has explode their accounts and we need that liquidity (users) in order to flood the market with more money, *** you say there is a lot holders, and the problem to hold is that slowdown the liquidity plus less traders plus people cashing out plus bitcoin "Fury".

I come and work in forex market and the mechanics is almost the same, the numbers of traders increase (more liquidity) and decrease before because of this big transfer of money to the winners. In crypto was before summer, we see a massive wave of new users, but now they are gone and the winners cash out their profits. Im going to speculate on this but if we dont see an impressive news regarding XRP soon, i think we are gonna have to wait until next wave of liquidity.  

So, if we dont have high liquidity and new more money we are going to have to steal market cap from Bitcoin, Ethereum and those coins got an strong fundamental by now. The only chance i think we got if we dont have any important news from Ripple is BCC, if that coin fails, that market cap will be very interesting.

I do think that XRP, Bitcoin (i hate bitcoin jaja) and Ethereum are coins where you can invest because these are the ones that are changing the game and that mean long run. I guess we are gonna have to wait until January and see the escrows and little bit of banks acceptation.

Again, im sorry for my english.

I'm very ignorant in many things...   particularly finance.  So I may be quite wrong....   but Winter above is saying there is a market cap overall in crypto and that's why one must loose for another to gain.  I think that's wrong....  the whole point of our belief in XRP is that big institutions will be bringing new money into XRP.  The magic market cap will then be bigger.  So don't worry about market cap....   all you have so far is speculators...  the real players have not yet taken the stage.

I could be wrong but this seems self evident to me.....    ( in the past anytime I was certain of something....  I was wrong...  ).   :)

34 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I'm very ignorant in many things...   particularly finance.  So I may be quite wrong....   but Winter above is saying there is a market cap overall in crypto and that's why one must loose for another to gain.  I think that's wrong....  the whole point of our belief in XRP is that big institutions will be bringing new money into XRP.  The magic market cap will then be bigger.  So don't worry about market cap....   all you have so far is speculators...  the real players have not yet taken the stage.

I could be wrong but this seems self evident to me.....    ( in the past anytime I was certain of something....  I was wrong...  ).   :)

I respect your opinion....i think you dont understand  how liquidity works, if we dont have a big quantity of buyers it wont be enough liquidity in order that the big players (the market makers) sell their assets. They are going to buy their coins directly from ripple so thats an external transaction them they need a liquid market in order to pump and sell the asset, and that liquid market is not there....im not saying that it wont be.

And if you are an active trader you will see that is confirm that we dont have a liquid market for big players. (for these season).

in a few words....we need demand.

But as we said.....to the moon!!!

Edited by Winteriscomming
50 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I do tend to agree. I think all the arguments on a very "rigid" market cap will not be valid for long. I feel it's only a temporary barrier, until liquidity flows in from Banks, FI's, and the public on exchanges. 

@Winteriscomming You can only buy XRP with BTC - I think that's the point you're missing.  So the total market cap won't actually change anyway cause $ would have to come into BTC first. We don't need new $ coming into crypto to move the price of XRP drastically, we just need some of the profits from BCC and BTC to pile into XRP.  And I think this will happen and I'm hoping it will happen soon.  Obviously new $ moving in would help but it is not necessary.  

28 minutes ago, Winteriscomming said:

I respect your opinion....i think you dont understand  how liquidity works, if we dont have a big quantity of buyers it wont be enough liquidity in order that the big players (the market makers) sell their assets. They are going to buy their coins directly from ripple so thats an external transaction them they need a liquid market in order to pump and sell the asset, and that liquid market is not there....im not saying that it wont be.

And if you are an active trader you will see that is confirm that we dont have a liquid market for big players. (for these season).

in a few words....we need demand.

But as we said.....to the moon!!!

And yet i also agree with this... but in a temporary sense. Not tied to time, but to activity such as the "big" players...ie.- Banks, FI's, etc....

If everything in my crystal ball is correct, we just cant stay like this once the big guys jump in... regardless of them bying it directly from Ripple. I say this only because of the psychology of momentum and news spreading about XRP at that point. It will get a lot more media exposure... something it's kinda lacking now...

54 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

@Winteriscomming You can only buy XRP with BTC - I think that's the point you're missing.  So the total market cap won't actually change anyway cause $ would have to come into BTC first. We don't need new $ coming into crypto to move the price of XRP drastically, we just need some of the profits from BCC and BTC to pile into XRP.  And I think this will happen and I'm hoping it will happen soon.  Obviously new $ moving in would help but it is not necessary.  

You can buy XRP with CAD, EUR, USD, JPY, USD in kraken and if you see the XRP official charts you will see the transactions in the other territories. come on! jeje

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.