supersonic

Secret Key doesn't match public key

2 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

If you don't care, why are you replying?

If anyone doesn't care, why are they reading?

If F's given by Ripple are low, when their products cause permanent loss of funds then I think that may be interesting to more people than just me.

"Here" is not Ripple.  But I'm sure they don't care all that much either that you're incompetent in this space and you should take your careless loss on the chin and move on.  

Go read up on testing transactions on a cold wallet before storing a large amount.

3 minutes ago, Phintech said:

"Here" is not Ripple.  But I'm sure they don't care all that much either that you're incompetent in this space and you should take your careless loss on the chin and move on.  

Go read up on testing transactions on a cold wallet before storing a large amount.

Go read up on the bug.

The chances of me caring when Some Guy On The Internet tosses off the phrase "incompetent" are about the same as me doing something because the same Some Guy said I "should".

Edited by yellowsubmarine

On 8/3/2017 at 10:26 PM, JoelKatz said:

If we knew exactly what was going wrong, there's a chance we could recover the private keys. That's another reason it would be worth investigating. I wonder if offering a bounty would help or if I can generate interest inside Ripple in getting this figured out. It's a mystery. And I don't like mysteries. They give me a bellyache, and I got a beauty right now.

What does it take to generate interest inside Ripple?

I can't even get a reply from you or support@ripple.com when that bug lost 10,050 XRP.

2 minutes ago, Phintech said:

LOL!!  The way you whine I thought it was 100's of thousands of XRP, if not more.  10k?

It really isn't much is it?

Anyone would think that it would be a no-brainer to refund that.

Apparently Some Guy says "LOL!!" and "whine". >/dev/null

12 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

It really isn't much is it?

Anyone would think that it would be a no-brainer to refund that.

No, why would they refund anything if they're not liable?

Amount is not a problem per se. The main problem is that they open a can of worms if they start "refunding" their "customers".

Why don't you demand refund from the author of third-party (not Ripple) library that was supposedly buggy? Or maybe from Apple because they released a supposedly buggy browser?

10 minutes ago, T8493 said:

No, why would they refund anything if they're not liable?

Amount is not a problem per se. The main problem is that they open a can of worms if they start "refunding" their "customers".

Why don't you demand refund from the author of third-party (not Ripple) library that was supposedly buggy? Or maybe from Apple because they released a supposedly buggy browser?

"Why don't you demand refund from the author of third-party (not Ripple) library that was supposedly buggy?"

That's not good advice, is it? 

Why not demand from the author of the Ripple library that was definitely buggy?

You know, the guys who are trying to make money out of this?

If this can of worms is too big to open then Ripple really do have some huge problems.

But if it was a few isolated cases then it makes sense to put it right and be upstanding and trustworthy doesn't it?

12 minutes ago, Phintech said:

You definitely fit the generational mold.  Lack of accountability, entitled / owed, etc.

"Refunds" happen at Target, not the blockchain.

Again, you don't know anything about me, but you've decided that I'm of a particular generation and fit a lazy generational stereotype. 

That's 100% wrong on both counts.

However, your replies paint you as a 400lb neckbeard who hasn't showered in 48 hours.

I know my picture is closer to the truth, than yours is of me. 

Now, if you keep attempting the 3rd rate trolling, then I think you have more than a passing interest in XRP,  huh? Sitting on a fair bit? Worried about the price?

You should be.

3 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

3rd rate trolling

Incredible irony.  

4 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

400lb neckbeard

LOL.  That is funny!!  

I think I'm actually starting to like you.  You're very entertaining.

5 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Worried about the price?

Not in the least bit b/c I'm not over-invested.

1 minute ago, Phintech said:

Incredible irony.  

LOL.  That is funny!!  

I think I'm actually starting to like you.  You're very entertaining.

Not in the least bit b/c I'm not over-invested.

"Incredible irony. "

Not really, I'm just trying to get a response - FROM RIPPLE, not from unconnected parties.

No trolling intended.

"I think I'm actually starting to like you.  You're very entertaining."

I'm very likeable. And usually very quiet. Unless I've been ****** over and am being given the runaround by some shady company.

But Ripple isn't shady is it?

@JoelKatz?

I know you're in here, I can hear you breathing.

17 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Why not demand from the author of the Ripple library that was definitely buggy?

You have a hierarchy of different components here:

wallet ---> RippleAPI --> third-party library ---> Safari browser

The actual bug happened somewhere in the lower levels of this hierarchy. But yet you somehow without a doubt demand that Ripple should refund you something. However, the same reasoning could be used to demand refund from the author of the wallet.

(I'm ignoring the fact that liability is explicitly excluded in all components of this software stack).

18 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

If this can of worms is too big to open then Ripple really do have some huge problems.

All software companies could have big problems if this can of worms is opened, not just Ripple.

That's why nobody will bother to "refund" you unless you can prove on the court that they're liable despite their license terms stating otherwise.

Just now, T8493 said:

You have a hierarchy of different components here:

wallet ---> RippleAPI --> third-party library ---> Safari browser

The actual bug happened somewhere in the lower levels of this hierarchy. But yet you somehow without a doubt demand that Ripple should refund you something. However, the same reasoning could be used to demand refund from the author of the wallet.

(I'm ignoring the fact that liability is explicitly excluded in all all components of this software stack).

Ripple-lib: "Hey this is your identity; rGxxxxxxxxxxx. Make sure you keep this secret safe! sxxxxxxxxxxxx" ---> Jatchili: "What he said."

Devs: "Don't use ripple-lib on Safari because it generates bad key pairs, the identity/secret are garbage and you lose your money!"

Some Guys On the Internet With Lots Of Ripple Cryptocurrency: "Go after Jatchili! Leave Ripple alone!"