supersonic

Secret Key doesn't match public key

17 minutes ago, T8493 said:

No one can say this for sure, because the exact reason hasn't been identified IMHO. 

Ah ok thanks.   I thought it had been identified that a particular largenumber lib was at fault and that later versions were ok.   Isn't that what @pftq is saying that the fault is not an issue with his Worldexchange wallet?

21 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Ah ok thanks.   I thought it had been identified that a particular largenumber lib was at fault and that later versions were ok.   Isn't that what @pftq is saying that the fault is nott an issue with his Worldexchange wallet?

His arguments didn't convince me that this error (or something similar) didn't exist in the more recent versions of RippleAPI. However, "proving" this can be very hard if not impossible given the limited amount of resources that this community has.

On 8/3/2017 at 11:47 AM, supersonic said:

I've tried it multiple times and multiple different keys showed up. At some point even the correct one. 

There is your glimmer or hope. If you can figure out how that is happening. Hopefully the bug occurs BEFORE the key generation. Someone should set up a javascript debugger with the ability to set break points and set a break point right before key generation and inspect the key. It might be the key that generated the address that received the funds.

Another thing I thought of. Maybe things work differently in javascript but in strictly typed programming languages the results are always the same. Equal inputs should always equate to equal outputs. The exception to this is muti-threading where you have no control over which order things occur. Then you can have different outputs.

A memory overflow could cause different result, but I would expect the results to always be different, not correct some of the time. 

It seems as though there really is different inputs.... then Eureeka  whitespace!

make sure the results don't change with or without trailing whitespace, that includes, the newline character "\n"  "\r" 

On 8/5/2017 at 2:35 PM, Tinyaccount said:

So sorry for your loss OP.   At least you found out early....   would be much worse to think you have a new fortune for ages then finally discover it's out of reach.

i wonder how many people are in that boat?    :o

In the boat (HMS Security Irony) and appreciate this thread for that reason. 

On 8/7/2017 at 4:37 AM, Mercury said:

bithomp took over hosting the ripplyeu wallet when they stopped their service. The github repository is here https://github.com/ihomp/ripply-paper-wallet/blob/master/coldwallet-SHA1-cdfbe3260927b6073180a1099f02ef99ce0495e8.html

We didn't took over... it was just forked, and hosted on github.. ripply didn't get back to us..

https://ihomp.github.io/ripply-paper-wallet/coldwallet-SHA1-cdfbe3260927b6073180a1099f02ef99ce0495e8.html

18 hours ago, w3dg3a said:

today banks can always choose to reverse a transaction if the other bank agrees.

You still need to have cooperation between the two accounts, really what he is saying is, if you make a mistake just have the recipient send the same amount back. This is similar to the current wire process,yeah you can recall a wire, it doesn't mean it will happen, but usually does because the majority of banks in the system either have relationships with each other or worrying about their reputation among their peers. Also the mistakes are usually relatively low amounts.