galgitron

Article says XRP $15-$30 in 2 years? Thoughts?

On 8/3/2017 at 9:21 PM, Awalla42 said:

Basically just absorbing a small portion (1%) of transactions currently done by other, outdated technology, would increase the overall market cap of Ripple, and therefore the value of each XRP to $173.

Not thinking Ripple intends to just stop at 1%.... say hello to the multiplier....

That alone tells me we are under shooting this in the long term..

I expect XRP to increase in value over the years, so I only invest the money that I think I will not need, for example, I take an amount of money a month that I could spend in going to the cinema one day and I use it to buy ripples . Money that if I lose it I'm not going to miss it, but with the XRP years increase in value, I'll go visit the Hollywood studios, :)

just imagine if XRP is 30$ now, activation of wallet costs 20 XRP = 20*30=600$. can someone explain me is it possible or not and who will use that?

and one more question, i heard that ripple planing to reduce amount of ripple from 38*10^9 XRP to ~19*10^9 - is that true?

4 hours ago, noma said:

just imagine if XRP is 30$ now, activation of wallet costs 20 XRP = 20*30=600$. can someone explain me is it possible or not and who will use that?

and one more question, i heard that ripple planing to reduce amount of ripple from 38*10^9 XRP to ~19*10^9 - is that true?

The wallet activation fee is adjustable and will be adjusted down if price rises significantly.   It's there to stop spamming of accounts.   It will likely always be a couple of bucks worth.

Ripple have announced a lockup of their own XRP stock will happen before year end.  It will allow a 1 billion release per month with unused XRPs going back into a five year lockup.  They based their figures on current and predicted future usage based no doubt on a number of scenarios.  Go to ripple site to read up on it if you want straight from horses mouth info.

Edited by Tinyaccount
Stupid figures wrong. Now correct

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

The wallet activation fee is adjustable and will be adjusted down if price rises significantly.   It's there to stop spamming of accounts.   It will likely always be a couple of bucks worth.

Ripple have announced a lockup of their own XRP stock will happen before year end.  It will allow a 1 billion release per month with unused XRPs going back into a five year lockup.  They based their figures on current and predicted future usage based no doubt on a number of scenarios.  Go to ripple site to read up on it if you want straight from horses mouth info.

thank you for quick answer. what is mean by phrase:

It will allow a 1 billion release per month with unused XRPs going back into a five year lockup.  They based their figures on current and predicted future usage based no doubt on a number of scenarios

? unused XRP will just be locked for a time or removed permanently? and what is "a five year lockup"?

Edited by noma

9 minutes ago, noma said:

thank you for quick answer. what is mean by phrase:

? unused XRP will just be locked for a time or removed permanently?

You are most welcome.   Good luck to you (and all of us) investing in XRP.

The lockup means that at the start of the month 1 billion XRP became available for the market to buy.  It is expected that the current uptake of 300 mill per month will continue, but if banks start using it there could well be demand for more.  If at the end of the month any of the 1 bill new coins are not sold they will be placed in a further lockup for another 5 years.

This was done to calm the fears that some had,  that for some insane reason (it would be a dumb thing to do....  and ripple ain't dumb) they might just dump their 55 billion and crush the price.  So after the lockup is done they won't be ever able to release more than a billion a month.  Many predictions say demand will exceed that.  Hope that helps.

Edited by Tinyaccount

The timetable is the toughest to gauge. 

Selfishly, we all want it to be sooner rather than later. But then we "cloud our own judgement" by throwing out a number that seems "reasonable", but is really just us pandering to the crowd who says Ripple/xrp has no future. We say 1-3 years, because we are listening to everyone else, not because that's a timetable we've heard from anyone with any clout. 

So why 1-3 years? Anyone? This isn't in beta phase, it can be adopted and implemented very quickly. And I believe, NEEDS to be implemented quickly for the banks sake, who most cryptos are out to vilify and condemn. 

I say less than a year. These things move much quicker than we're giving credit, and I think most people saw how quickly we got to this price point. Same with ETH and BTC....it was days, not weeks, or months. 

XRP can be forgotten in this crypto world if they disappear too long, and someone else will fill the void. 

I see them acting quickly and I see the major changes happening quicker than anyone imagines. 

But I'm just a guy who has read a lot. Take with a grain of salt...

1 hour ago, BeSeriousXRP said:

Again the Horse it's mouth? Are we all Dutch in here? ?. "Een gegeven paard niet in de mond kijken" (of wel als je precies wilt weten wat je hebt gekregen ?)

Stonekolen English?

image.png.b29426c98efee48ac90a5676b6cebcd9.png

10 minutes ago, Awalla42 said:

So why 1-3 years? Anyone? This isn't in beta phase,   

It's already beginning but complete adoption, high (volume) frequency usage of XRP (and a price that makes us go whoohoo)  is years out. Step by step.

Banks are slow and XRP needs some real test cases and become reliable for large scale adoption, I can imagine.

Edited by Ripplezzzz

8 hours ago, Awalla42 said:

The timetable is the toughest to gauge. 

Selfishly, we all want it to be sooner rather than later. But then we "cloud our own judgement" by throwing out a number that seems "reasonable", but is really just us pandering to the crowd who says Ripple/xrp has no future. We say 1-3 years, because we are listening to everyone else, not because that's a timetable we've heard from anyone with any clout. 

So why 1-3 years? Anyone? This isn't in beta phase, it can be adopted and implemented very quickly. And I believe, NEEDS to be implemented quickly for the banks sake, who most cryptos are out to vilify and condemn. 

I say less than a year. These things move much quicker than we're giving credit, and I think most people saw how quickly we got to this price point. Same with ETH and BTC....it was days, not weeks, or months. 

XRP can be forgotten in this crypto world if they disappear too long, and someone else will fill the void. 

I see them acting quickly and I see the major changes happening quicker than anyone imagines. 

But I'm just a guy who has read a lot. Take with a grain of salt...

This is a perspective that isn't given much thought, but one that deserves attention. We all know banks move slow but thats mostly because they haven't needed or been forced to move fast. I often think about the impact crypto has and will have on banks. If bitcoin/altcoins continue to rise in value banks will lose money. Every dollar that flows into BTC or any other "anti" bank coin is a dollar that banks no longer control. Banks may be forced to move quickly or be left behind.

I agree mass adoption may take time, but the faster Crypto moves the more pressure there will be on banks to adapt and adopt. I also think the faster banks move the faster we will see organic growth and the more daily use of XRP.  We already see SBI creating their own digital asset exchange as well as Visa interested in and working with block chain development. To me the writing is on the wall and I believe there is definitely POTENTIAL for an explosion to occur much faster than we can anticipate as banks fight to make up lost ground.

Ripple is an "equalizer" for banks. It gives them the ability to stay relevant in a quickly changing world. It gives banks the ability to hold and use a digital asset, it saves them money but also allows them to maintain control over the flow of currency (HUGE). It gives them back the 5 years they have lost while moving slow, which is important because if they were to start development now they would surely be at a huge disadvantage in the race of relevancy.

If you think about it, Ripple needs banks and banks need Ripple.

But, like above, this should be taken worth a grain of salt. This is just a day dreamers thought process.