This is my latest blog entry about the XRP Community's plans to send XRP to the moon - literally!

I think the community idea to send XRP to the moon is a fantastic promotion idea.  @Mercury is heading up the effort, and his original thread is here.  In addition, he started a club that I think anybody can join to find out the latest updates:  The 2 the Moon! For Real. Club.

Let me know what you think of the promotion - like it, love it, hate it, whatever.  Also, please feel free to share my blog on any other media and/or reprint in different languages.  (I have a Google translate widget on the page to help you!) 

Link on Reddit

Link on Twitter

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

@Mercury is heading up the effort, and

Once the XRPs are on the moon, they're out of the Earth's gravity-well, and all the easier to send on to Mercury…

Guest SowXRP

@Hodor @Mercury - this XRP Chat is incredible. A great place we're ideas are welcomed and debated. Happy to have found this place and happy to see us promote and fight for our investment. XRP to the moon! 

23 minutes ago, SowXRP said:

this XRP Chat is incredible. A great place we're ideas are welcomed and debated

Absolutely!  @karlos has provided a wonderful platform. 

:heart: the recent changes as well... adding clubs and all kinds of new widget controls... karlos doesn't rest! 

Maybe we should focus on a safe, easy to use, consumer driven wallet first? Just sayin'

See: Bitgo fail

Edited by Phi
spelling

11 minutes ago, Phi said:

Maybe we should focus on a safe, easy to use, consumer driven wallet first? Just sayin'

I'm all for this, actually.  We are in agreement that having a Ripple code-reviewed user wallet for the public would be beneficial to getting users easily into XRP. 

Until then, there is Rippex, Nano, and a few community-coded wallets out there.  One is the xrpchat wallet 

I do not personally vouch for any of these because I haven't had the time to do a full code review.  As I stated, none of these have been Ripple-reviewed, either, and Ripple is probably going to steer clear of that anyway until they can be sure that AML and KYC are okay.  In the meantime, we'll wait for the Bitgo wallet, which is approximately ~2 months out.  It won't be long!    

But our current situation or status with a variety of wallets shouldn't impede us from moving forward with other marketing activities, IMO. 

2 hours ago, SowXRP said:

@Hodor @Mercury - this XRP Chat is incredible. A great place we're ideas are welcomed and debated. Happy to have found this place and happy to see us promote and fight for our investment. XRP to the moon! 

you must have come during off-peak troll hours :P

Firstly Hodor, I want you to know that I find your dedication to the community admirable. I respect the thoroughness of your research and positive outlook. I just can't help but think that if the C2C segment got a hold of this tech (had access to an easy to use, dummy proof wallet) that things would really take off. There is no better marketing/advertising than actual use (As long as your product is top-shelf Which Ripple Is!). Anyway I'm not poo-pooing the idea, I just think that energies might be better spent on getting this out there into the hands of the consumer. At this point there should be just as many XRP wallets as there are other CC wallets. It would initiate a tsunami of interest.

But then again who knows...when the Lunar Marriott is built and I pay for my weekend in space with XRP,  I may just smile fondly thinking back to this chat knowing that I once spoke to the man who made it all possible-