Hodor

Peittion started to get XRP Listed on Coinbase

1 hour ago, Eric123 said:

If there is money to be made on it Coinbase will do it.  Signing a petition is a ridiculous way to make a company do something that you think would be in their interest.  I bet you had your mom call up to get you invited to birthday parties too.

:popcorn1:

1 hour ago, Eric123 said:

If there is money to be made on it Coinbase will do it.  Signing a petition is a ridiculous way to make a company do something that you think would be in their interest.  I bet you had your mom call up to get you invited to birthday parties too.

I'm confused by your logic. A petition with N signatures represents a signal to coinbase that there are C*N customers (since for every one person willing to put their name down there's more who prefer to remain silent) interested in paying them to procure ripple for fiat. Why is it ridiculous to send them that signal? 

Just now, texag08 said:

@Eric123why so serious? everyone here is trying to make money off XRP. you may not agree with their methods but there's no such thing as bad publicity. let the people talk

I'm not so serious, I'm teasing people for being silly.

https://www.damemagazine.com/2013/11/18/does-changeorg-really-change-anything

Some of the most effective Change.org petitions, especially when it comes to women’s issues, take on a big company rather than a politician or judge.

It's not silly to stand up for what you believe and send a message to a large company that is ignoring a vastly superior product intentionally, and one that is clearly vastly more popular than another coin it added support for!

@Hodor Standing up for what you believe??  Look if XRP is a vastly superior product it will succeed.  No one is making petitions to get people to use iphones or use Amazon.com or you get the picture.  Petitions only work on politicians and in my opinion they smack of desperation.  Hey I own a lot of this thing, I want to see it succeed.  Good luck with the petition, but yeah I think it's silly.  

1 minute ago, Eric123 said:

@Hodor Standing up for what you believe??  Look if XRP is a vastly superior product it will succeed.  No one is making petitions to get people to use iphones or use Amazon.com or you get the picture.  Petitions only work on politicians and in my opinion they smack of desperation.  Hey I own a lot of this thing, I want to see it succeed.  Good luck with the petition, but yeah I think it's silly.  

You should really look at what consumer pressure can accomplish, and study cases where it affected change.  Sending a powerful message from a lot of consumers to one of the companies with almost monopolistic market share in the US is something that should definitely be done. 

Other than using inflammatory labels, none of your arguments seems to have any merit... your argument of "Coinbase made the decision to implement Litecoin instead of XRP because it would make more money" doesn't conform to reality - it's very clear that XRP is vastly more popular than Litecoin.  https://coinmarketcap.com/

And not just a little bit - by a factor of... 3 X as popular.