THEELFGOD

IOTA !!! Your Views?

5 hours ago, showtek said:

I'm partially new with IOTA but from doing my research, it seems like a very interesting piece of technology, bit difficult to understand its real background and how will we adapt to it https://blog.iota.org/iota-development-roadmap-74741f37ed01 I do start to think of doing splits somewhere 80%/20% - XRP/IOT but not yet. We should note that XRP is premined also.

That sounds like a good plan! XRP->cross border payments, IOTA->micropayments (IoT).

XRP total supply -> 100B XRPs

IOTA total supply -> 2.78B MIOTA (I give the total supply in Mega IOTA because price is usually given for MIOTA)

3 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

That sounds like a good plan! XRP->cross border payments, IOTA->micropayments (IoT).

XRP total supply -> 100B XRPs

IOTA total supply -> 2.78B MIOTA (I give the total supply in Mega IOTA because price is usually given for MIOTA)

On 27-7-2017 at 1:39 PM, zerpdigger said:

google is a great thing

google is one, but sometimes one has to google his own mind as well :) 

I never see IOTA going mainstream. Reason? Because it's my firm believe that it are standards that drive innovation. It always was and always will be that way. 

I do see IOTA as a solution for unlimited scaling of value movement/payments but it already HAS its direct competitor and unfortunately for them, it IS a standard protocol and therefor a "hard to beat" one: Interledger. Indeed interledger addresses the same needs for unlimited scaling on a growing demand for micro/macro payments, but much smarter build around a protocol and a standard. Rather than one ledger to interconnect all IoT devices I've way more believes in fragmented solutions with specials designed specs for an application, a device or a set of devices withall their own different ledgers in the background ..... and all able to talk.... ILP.  Actually somewhat like the internet has been build around IP, SMTP, HTTP, ....  One IOTA ledger to rule the world of IOT? I have my doubts.... But I've not one single doubt about a protocol for value and as ILP is the very very first for that task right now, they do have a HUGE chance to win the race... JMHO of course....

Oh yes... the "no fee feature", I doubt that this will help them big in the market... I even wouldn't be surprised to see a similar solution coming over ILP if this might be really needed.

1 hour ago, kanaas said:

google is one, but sometimes one has to google his own mind as well :) 

I never see IOTA going mainstream. Reason? Because it's my firm believe that it are standards that drive innovation. It always was and always will be that way. 

I do see IOTA as a solution for unlimited scaling of value movement/payments but it already HAS its direct competitor and unfortunately for them, it IS a standard protocol and therefor a "hard to beat" one: Interledger. Indeed interledger addresses the same needs for unlimited scaling on a growing demand for micro/macro payments, but much smarter build around a protocol and a standard. Rather than one ledger to interconnect all IoT devices I've way more believes in fragmented solutions with specials designed specs for an application, a device or a set of devices withall their own different ledgers in the background ..... and all able to talk.... ILP.  Actually somewhat like the internet has been build around IP, SMTP, HTTP, ....  One IOTA ledger to rule the world of IOT? I have my doubts.... But I've not one single doubt about a protocol for value and as ILP is the very very first for that task right now, they do have a HUGE chance to win the race... JMHO of course....

Oh yes... the "no fee feature", I doubt that this will help them big in the market... I even wouldn't be surprised to see a similar solution coming over ILP if this might be really needed.

I hear the argument and understand the view but my philosophy for acceptance of IOTA differs. I think the M2M world will benefit greatly from the IOTA/Tangle tech. 

If I''m a company and make a million smart fridges, I don't want them talking over financial transaction protocols, by then probably quite well regulated and even low fees hit the bottom line for these units to talk back and forth, on a scale much higher and faster than human/banking finance ever will.

Rapid data exchange, encrypted and free. Doesn't have to traverse a heavily regulated market. It's pure liquidity for bells and whistles they can charge for, yet not pay for - other than paying for a cache of iota used for sending the data back and forth. 

36 minutes ago, ZIGXRP said:

I hear the argument and understand the view but my philosophy for acceptance of IOTA differs. I think the M2M world will benefit greatly from the IOTA/Tangle tech. 

If I''m a company and make a million smart fridges, I don't want them talking over financial transaction protocols, by then probably quite well regulated and even low fees hit the bottom line for these units to talk back and forth, on a scale much higher and faster than human/banking finance ever will.

Rapid data exchange, encrypted and free. Doesn't have to traverse a heavily regulated market. It's pure liquidity for bells and whistles they can charge for, yet not pay for - other than paying for a cache of iota used for sending the data back and forth. 

I agree with you that it might find a place in the M2M world but I wonder if that means that it is destined to ever remain a small value coin.  Apart from pure speculation I don't see a reason for the price to rise.  I plan to buy some if I ever have any spare dough but I think it's a long shot just hoping on speculators getting exited about its uptake in usage.

Edited by Tinyaccount
Partly fix muddled wording. :)

4 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I agree with you that it might find a place in the M2M world but I wonder if that means that it is destined to ever remain a small value coin.  Apart from pure speculation I don't see a reason for the price to rise.  I plan to buy some if I ever have any spare dough but I think it's a long shot just hoping on speculators getting exited about its uptake in usage.

Yup I'm not exactly Xpassionate about it myself at this point. If it rises faster I expect I'll flip it for a handful of XRP, just took a small stake to see if it goes anywhere. 

10 hours ago, ZIGXRP said:

You want them to talk over IP but not over ILP protocol .... :) 

10 hours ago, ZIGXRP said:

Might be wrong but it feels like IOTA has a plan to build on a new internet (of things) with the only goal to exchange value, while ILP expands the existing internet to an environment where all, including an unlimited number of things, can exchange value. Scaling will not be an issue with ILP. As well as I do not agree that IOTA may not have to cross the hurdles of regulation. When it's about exchange of value, regulation will always count because on all places where value is going around, crooks will circulate like flies. ....

While I really like their ambition, I have my doubts for the IOTA project. But yet I must admit that I've been wrong more than once in my life :)