XRPYoungSkyWalker

What if google implemented ripple somehow

1 minute ago, XRPYoungSkyWalker said:

somehow

that somehow is what ripple are working on

xrp is not retail ready, it is designed for enterprise use "behind the scenes"

once that happens, ripple can be used like VISA i.e. by anyone

Could it be used to underpin the validity in emails within their gmail system as a spam prevention tool? If every email had a minute XRP cost then it would be affordable (negligible) cost for the average user but a spammer would find it prohibitive to send millions of emails. Just wondering if it's only financial transactions that XRP is limited to.

That would not be a surprise for me.

I just sent a wiretransfer to a market place in CAD 13 days ago from Canada to Japan and just received it. It cost me 88$ in fees. I then bought some XRP and sent them from Japan to Slovenia, it took around 10 seconds and cost only 0.02 xrp so less than a cent... Why use an old, slow and expensive technology when there is a newer, amazingly faster and almost free better option? 13 days and 88$ versus 10 sec and 0$ is a tremendous difference! Not to mention I had to go in person to my bank for the wiretransfer while I sent the XRP by the press of a button.

And when I use Ripple I feel a lot less stress than dealing with wiretransfers.

That's the kind of thing Google could be interested in for sure.

Just the transfer of border payments would be enough to put Ripple in the right position. I've always been told to "Stay Focused".

So if they stay focused on being the the cross border payment KING, we would all do very well.

I've also been told to not go off Half Cocked, so let Ripple be the KING OF CBP and we win.

35 minutes ago, Strovu said:

That would not be a surprise for me.

I just sent a wiretransfer to a market place in CAD 13 days ago from Canada to Japan and just received it. It cost me 88$ in fees. I then bought some XRP and sent them from Japan to Slovenia, it took around 10 seconds and cost only 0.02 xrp so less than a cent... Why use an old, slow and expensive technology when there is a newer, amazingly faster and almost free better option? 13 days and 88$ versus 10 sec and 0$ is a tremendous difference! Not to mention I had to go in person to my bank for the wiretransfer while I sent the XRP by the press of a button.

And when I use Ripple I feel a lot less stress than dealing with wiretransfers.

That's the kind of thing Google could be interested in for sure.

Actually, there's 100 billion reasons for Google (and many other VCs) that invested in Ripple earlier to make XRP a real success. Ripple Labs owns 55 billion XRPs and Google somehow owns a piece of Ripple Labs, so its in the best interest of Google to make XRP a success, so that Ripple Labs is worth sooo much more. Google spends 55 million to fund Ripple http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/15/google-backed-blockchain-start-up-ripple-raises-55-million-from-big-banks.html so if each XRP is worth $1, a 55 million investment just turned into 55 billion. So its in the best interest of everybody to make XRP worth alot more! If its $10 , then its $550 billion company, and Google's investment just went up many many times. I am on XRP and I am on Google stocks too...double the fun

On 7/26/2017 at 6:48 AM, Xrphunter said:

Someday google will use xrp in google pay 

Could we be getting close?  I like to hear people talking about less friction.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/20/say-goodbye-to-android-pay-and-hello-to-google-pay/

"As Google’s VP of Product Management for Payments, Pali Bhat, told me, the team really wanted to make it extremely easy to get started with Google Pay and use the service to pay for goods online and in the real world — and to do so with as little friction as possible. That means that users who bank with Bank of America in the U.S. or a Google partner like Mbank in Poland can set up Google Pay right from their bank’s app without having to install Google Pay. Once that’s set up, you can simply pay with Google Pay online and out in the real world."

I’m in the prepaid space and have been working with the big Bay Area based brands for the last 10 years, first across Europe and now in emerging markets.

The amount of payments that these guys have to handle between countries all over the world is phenomenal. Just the companies that I’ve worked for have been involved in remittances of 10’s/100s of millions of dollar weekly, funnelling  from many different countries all back to either Ireland or Luxemburg or The Netherlands, to name but a few.

Other such companies, some of whom have been forced to accept cash in emerging markets because of customer demand, are building huge cash mountains in these countries that ultimately are going to cost them an absolute fortune to pull back into a regional or head office country where the funds are supposed to go.

The prepaid space is dominated by a few key players, global players, and the ability to move money around the globe instantly and for next to no cost is a true game changer. I don’t see how the likes of Google and our friends in Cupertino, Seattle etc are not already involved under the covers because it’s just a no brainer. And this is just for the one, small aspect of their operations - prepaid - that I am familiar with, really a pimple on their *** in terms of the rest of their business. Think of the payments and remittances involved in being a global supplier of goods and services as many of these guys are - it’s mind boggling the possibilities, even with the likes of XRP just being used as a digital asset for settlement behind the scenes. Then fast forward (as I believe XRP will) to the point where it’s used by consumers in some of these companies - XRP used to pay your UBER driver; your UBER driver using XRP to pay UBER their fees (a huge issue in emerging markets), XRP used to pay for your AirBnB, XRP on Google Play store, ITunes Store, XRP as in-app currency. The possibilities are endless.

At the same time, all of this could come to nought obviously (though that’s not my view, everyone needs to make their own judgement). 

But........what a time to be alive, and to be involved.

EdIT: and don’t forget, every card payment these guys take on an online store, or for a ride or whatever - MC or VISA are typically taking an MSC (merchant services fee) of between 2% and 3% - so again, huge savings to be made.

Edited by NorthLane
Spelling....

On 2/20/2018 at 2:05 PM, NorthLane said:

EdIT: and don’t forget, every card payment these guys take on an online store, or for a ride or whatever - MC or VISA are typically taking an MSC (merchant services fee) of between 2% and 3% - so again, huge savings to be made.

I personally think when the merchants realize just how much money they can save on a annual basis by using XRP instead of paying the 2%-3% is when we will truly see a huge influx of money pour into this space.  It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.

On 26/07/2017 at 2:05 PM, Badger said:

Could it be used to underpin the validity in emails within their gmail system as a spam prevention tool? If every email had a minute XRP cost then it would be affordable (negligible) cost for the average user but a spammer would find it prohibitive to send millions of emails. Just wondering if it's only financial transactions that XRP is limited to.

Nice, sounds like an ICO contender. I’d put some money into something like that. Seriously I think that is a great idea.  Send it to Brad, but protect your IP, probably too late for that though.

Edited by Geospectrum