New to cyptocurrency

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help? Im wondering if anyone can give me a quick low down on how to purchase XRP for a long term investment?

i understand I need a currency account online and then a wallet to store the currency? Many thanks 

Thank you for you prompt! I understand from reading that unless you hold your coins in your own wallet and it encrypted. You don't actually own the coins?

also I'm based in the UK if that changes your original suggestion? 

Once you purchase the coins you can send them to your own wallet (eg rippex desktop wallet is nice).  I prefer ledger nano s hardware wallet for security/convenience.  

Can't provide specifics re UK (I'm in America) but you may want to checkout gatehub.net 

best wishes

2 hours ago, XRPtrader3 said:

Thank you for you prompt! I understand from reading that unless you hold your coins in your own wallet and it encrypted. You don't actually own the coins?

also I'm based in the UK if that changes your original suggestion? 

hi guys, this is my first post but have been a lurker here. i've read this and thought to share my experience here especially for those based in the UK who'd like to buy xrp . i'm a bit of a newbie myself. i have got xrp for the long term investing though.

hi xrptrader3, i've used cryptomate.co.uk for all my transactions and all were painless. but before buying you need to have your wallet ready. i have mine as a paper wallet. you can choose one of these in the 'wallets' section here https://www.xrpchat.com/links

i hope this helps.