The U.S. Path to Faster Payments report

17 minutes ago, g00p said:

I think the fact SWIFT was not able to complete the requirements to be considered a solution is sort of a big deal. But the Ripple news itself is what we should have expected.  

Yeah that's definitely a point to recognize. I personally think SWIFT is gonna try and partner itself with Ripple. That would be the simple solution as they have no way of replicating what Ripple is doing in a timely matter. Their established network of FIs + Ripple would be awesomeness if it ever happened.

10 minutes ago, Xrphunter said:

I am not sure these count as finalists, some don't appear to meet the requirements. Mobile Money for example is a closed cash system for the underbanked relaying on point of contact for verification... hardly a scalable or useful solution for business or banks.

3 minutes ago, Mercury said:

I am not sure these count as finalists, some don't appear to meet the requirements. Mobile Money for example is a closed cash system for the underbanked relaying on point of contact for verification... hardly a scalable or useful solution for business or banks.

Criteria fits mostly with ripple....only ripple and by ripple

4 minutes ago, Mercury said:

My apologies I was reading the wrong section.

The final 16 are:

• DWOLLA
  • SHAZAM
  • HUB CULTURE
  • SWAPSTECH
  • INTERCOMPUTER
  • TCH/FIS
  • KALYPTON/ECCHO
  • THOUGHT MATRIX
  • MOMO
  • TOKEN
  • NABC/ICBA
  • UNIVERSITY BANK
  • NANOPAY
  • WINGCASH
  • RIPPLE
  • WORLD CURRENCY

2 minutes ago, Mercury said:

My apologies I was reading the wrong section.

The final 16 are:

• DWOLLA
  • SHAZAM
  • HUB CULTURE
  • SWAPSTECH
  • INTERCOMPUTER
  • TCH/FIS
  • KALYPTON/ECCHO
  • THOUGHT MATRIX
  • MOMO
  • TOKEN
  • NABC/ICBA
  • UNIVERSITY BANK
  • NANOPAY
  • WINGCASH
  • RIPPLE
  • WORLD CURRENCY

SWIFT not on the lists.

The appendixes is interesting. Some of the finalists were passed with a minimal rating in some categories. 

Here is the section on Digital systems/ currencies

5. New payment systems and/or digital currencies
Task Force comments included concerns about the viability of a handful of proposals that introduced new technologies and/or the concept of digital currencies. The QIAT was open to different approaches for implementing a safe, ubiquitous, faster payments capability. As stated in earlier sessions, the QIAT considered new solutions with the mindset of “conceptual yet achievable” so as not to penalize applications of new technologies. The assessment was based on the proposer’s ability to articulate a solution across all elements of the payment process, including key assumptions and how it would integrate with existing infrastructure over the near to mid-term in order to be viable. In addition to the three QIAT members assigned to a proposal, Subject Matter Experts reviewed proposals to assess the articulated solution, which was particularly important for the new payment systems that represent a radical departure from the current state.

2 minutes ago, Xrphunter said:

SWIFT not on the lists.

It is not, however, NABC proposes using only existing ACH and other infrastructure (essentially just improving the existing pipes). NABC is the North American Banking Company and Independent Community Bankers of America.... NOT changing might have appeal to some

SUMMARY OF TASK FORCE

ASSESSMENT COMMENTS 

Task Force members also provided comments to the QIAT on the assessments of proposals against the E ectiveness Criteria. Overall, the Task Force was in agreement with the QIAT assessment of submitted proposals as demonstrated in the scoring summary below. There is strong alignment overall between Task Force ratings and QIAT ratings. Across all proposals, Task Force members strongly agreed or agreed with QIAT ratings at a rate of 90%. 

IMG_6018.PNG

Based solely on p10-12 info here is my revised list of threats

Real Contender

1. HUB CULTURE.
    1. Their dual RAIN and RAIL networks sound similar...
  2. INTERCOMPUTER
    1. Ensured private web system
  3. NABC/ICBA
    1. Offering the use of existent ACH and systems, a upgrade rather than a do over, will be appealing
  4. RIPPLE
    1. Obvious
  5. TCH/FIS
    1. The clearing house, offering a major upgrade but using the existing structures
  6. WINGCASH
    1. wants to have a federal issued digital currency, will be appealing to fed

Maybe if there is a partnership or serious backer

1. DWOLLA
    1. only a push and no pull
  2. KALYPTON/ECCHO
  3. THOUGHT MATRIX
  4. TOKEN
  5. UNIVERSITY BANK

Some solution but not a real contender

1. MOMO
  2. NANOPAY
    1. A think a closed loop system at this scale will lead to issues when going across ledgers
  3. SHAZAM
  4. SWAPSTECH
  5. WORLD CURRENCY

6 minutes ago, Xrphunter said:

SUMMARY OF TASK FORCE

ASSESSMENT COMMENTS 

Task Force members also provided comments to the QIAT on the assessments of proposals against the E ectiveness Criteria. Overall, the Task Force was in agreement with the QIAT assessment of submitted proposals as demonstrated in the scoring summary below. There is strong alignment overall between Task Force ratings and QIAT ratings. Across all proposals, Task Force members strongly agreed or agreed with QIAT ratings at a rate of 90%. 

IMG_6018.PNG

You know anything about 'TCH' ?

• karlos featured this topic