6 minutes ago, cryptoboy said:

@Hodorhi i just want to ask if who and what you are in the ripple / xrp / xrpchat community writing articles like this? just asking

I am an investor in XRP - I hold it for it's appreciation potential.   :yes3:

I also am a blog writer about XRP.  I don't receive any compensation for this, nor am I affiliated with Ripple in any way.   

Edited by Hodor

4 minutes ago, Xrphunter said:

Waves did for beer from netherlands....it would be lovely if they accept xrp too ☺️

https://blog.wavesplatform.com/beer-for-waves-at-ruig-drinks-and-bites-591b14b2fc22

the first Dutch establishment to accept the WAVES token as payment 

I'm getting thirsty for beer!  Too bad it's still only 11 a.m. where I am... :drinks:

The point is: would you really hold XRP to pay beer, with the risk that today you can buy 3 beers and tomorrow you'll be able to buy only 1,5 (or 5)? Or would you hold USD at your bank but at the same time being able to pay in any currencies via XRP with Interledger?

1 minute ago, tulo said:

pay in any currencies via XRP with Interledger?

It depends on if you are a crypto investor or holder.  There's a surprising number of crypto fans in the U.S., so I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that they actually hold XRP. 

That being said, you are correct - it would be nice to have the option to have payment converted from whatever source you desire - a bank account with USD in it, or a wallet with XRP; I would like both options! 

22 minutes ago, Niek said:

Well, SIA since yesterday runs a bounty program for developers who are first to setup a specific use case for SIA . Maybe Ripple can do the same.

Ripple has a substantial bug bounty, but  do not think they have one for projects as of yet though. 

https://ripple.com/bug-bounty/

I like this idea generally, but I'm thinking that xrpchat members will probably end up sponsoring it. 

If we're being honest, I think two members that have already earned / are earning it are @jaesharp and @JonHolmquist.  

We can also explore an ICO to support retail development.  It would be a fund where we put in escrow a token created by an ICO, and it would take like ~ three xrpchat members to release the funds to the appropriate party(s).  I don't know how to implement this from a technical perspective though. 

I completely agree. It is important that individual investors get some action on regular basis. Reason ICOs are in limelight is their involvement with community. Every investor in ICO feels like an investor. Even credit card rewards program have merchandise to buy. Why cant we have a Ripple Global Mall with products all around the world being sold on it by using Ripple. 

We can do whatever we want with Ripple. We can send XRP to anyone else with a wallet we want, in exchange for anything they are willing to accept XRP for. 

Now, Ripple the company is too busy chasing whales to worry about merch, I'm glad for it too.