• Advertisement

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get back to $1 before bumping the $1000 threads.. 

I keep thinking about how the velocity of xrp works at a disadvantage in terms of price at the tiny volumes that crypto represents. The last major run up was plagued with inefficiency across the board

Jesus Christ stop with those silly numbers guys. 5$ with today supply is possible, 10$ is possible. 20$ is maaaaaybe possible in few years. But 100$? 1000$? What are you smoking guys? Same with BTC, s

Posted Images

Guest SowXRP

@baggy23 They said the same thing about bitcoin and look at the price now. The truth is that it's all speculation so noone truly knows.

What makes you think it is impossible?

Guest dfault123
45 minutes ago, SowXRP said:

@baggy23 They said the same thing about bitcoin and look at the price now. The truth is that it's all speculation so noone truly knows.

Well it will be far fetched at best. $1000 per XRP would make the market cap ~38 trillion dollars even with current distribution. Compare that to Bitcoin's ~16 billion dollar market cap and you'll realize we're comparing apples with UY Scuti

Edited by dfault123
43 minutes ago, SowXRP said:

Simply because it cant sustain it self .Unlike bitcoin where only 21 million bitcoins exist.Ripple has a 100 bill. Unless all the money in the world comes into ripple(ie gold , oil , wall street ) it could reach $1000 but that is highly unlikely . Or enough amount of ripple are destroyed and i am talking a few billion at the least for it to reach those point .

But if everything is positive i can see it go to $10 and maybe $100  in next 20 years .

3 hours ago, baggy23 said:

It is not possible that 1 xrp will be worth 1000$.

12 minutes ago, stonecutters said:

1 XRP will never hit $1000.

Where do you guys see XRP going?

it just depends on the market they capture and what size transfers is used to bridge 

if one day people want to use xrp to shift $1m in value in one go – without chopping it into chunks and batching it – then that needs a price/volume that doesn't move the market

i expect some folks have tried calculations to that effect

i honestly have no idea how "thick" markets would need to be and how high the price

but i could easily see xrp bridging large transactions *if* ripple can position and pitch it for forex/settlement 

19 minutes ago, programa said:

Ripple and XRP has nothing to do with the cryptoworld as you sense/experience it now - when it reaches its True Existence - of course it will be measured in Thousands - i think its so obvious a caveman can grasp it.......:pardon:

Well 1,000 billion is 1 trillion. And there are 100 billion xrps, so reaching one thousand alone would be 100 trillion dollars- more than the entirety of all the nominal value in earth's economy. I dont know what your timeline is but this will not happen in your life.

It wont happen ever but whatever it wont matter because youll be dead before you live long enough to not see it happen.

Edited by Konan45
4 hours ago, FarmerGreen said:

Would like to hear anyone's opinion of the pros and cons of a high price ($500-$1000) for XRP from a banking perspective. What price is in thier best interest? Or is it inconsequential from thier standpoint?

As much as I am a fan of Ripple, I think there is maybe some outlandish thinking here...Basic economics should be at play in our mind when we think about these things. What is the actual value here? Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. In this case, we should be asking what the value of instant settlement is? What is it worth to send value instantly? It can't possibly be more than the asset it's transferring can it? That doesn't make sense...

$1000 per XRP would put the total value at $100 Trillion. How could something overtake the value of almost all the currency on Earth? 

It's like saying that the potential worth of this planet is worth $23 Quadrillion. I mean, sure? But, good luck with a buyer. Yeah, maybe all the ore on that asteroid is worth $1 Gabillion Jillion but we don't actually have a market to pay for that. It would crash the entire economic ecosystem if you introduced that into the market.

Anyway, I think it's slightly nonsensical and irresponsible to say something could potentially be worth more than all the value on Earth, or than the entire country's GDP...It just doesn't make sense.

I think that the fact of the matter is we don't actually know what the value of instant settlement is yet. It's like asking what the value of the internet is? It's an infrastructure...the value lies in the things we're actually exchanging. Real Estate, automobiles, computers, weapons, oil, electricity, food, water, etc etc.

It's like with SWIFT...you pay a fraction of the actual value you're sending. The system isn't worth more than the value being pushed through it. It's not even close to the value itself. It's a service. And what are people willing to pay for that service?

I suppose we could do outrageous math based on nothing more than our ignorance? SWIFT supposedly swings 1.25 Quadrillion dollars through its system every year. That puts XRP at over $12,000 a coin. LOL. We just blew past the moon and landed in another dimension there. But how are we even measuring that? We're just taking an arbitrary number and multiplying it by another fairly arbitrary number. 

But that's just it; XRP won't be worth more than the value of what goes through it. 

Again, I think we really need to ask ourselves how much the world will value instant transfer of value. Right now we value the instant transfer of information quite a lot cheaper than the value of goods and services that are possible because of the infrastructure. 

I suppose its possible that my brain simply cannot grasp the awe-inspiring reality we're about to embark upon, but I think history teaches us otherwise. We do live in a world with limits, if only temporary. 

For what it's worth (and that's absolutely nothing by the way), I think if XRP hits $50 anytime in the next 10 years it'll be an absolute smash hit success. That's $5 Trillion dollars that could be circulating around to facilitate super quick payments.

And for the record, I hope I'm entirely wrong about this and Zerps end up at $12,500 a coin. I will happily eat my words.

As much as I am a fan of Ripple, I think there is maybe some outlandish thinking here...Basic economics should be at play in our mind when we think about these things. What is the actual value here? Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. In this case, we should be asking what the value of instant settlement is? What is it worth to send value instantly? It can't possibly be more than the asset it's transferring can it? That doesn't make sense...
$1000 per XRP would put the total value at $100 Trillion. How could something overtake the value of almost all the currency on Earth? 
It's like saying that the potential worth of this planet is worth $23 Quadrillion. I mean, sure? But, good luck with a buyer. Yeah, maybe all the ore on that asteroid is worth $1 Gabillion Jillion but we don't actually have a market to pay for that. It would crash the entire economic ecosystem if you introduced that into the market.
Anyway, I think it's slightly nonsensical and irresponsible to say something could potentially be worth more than all the value on Earth, or than the entire country's GDP...It just doesn't make sense.
I think that the fact of the matter is we don't actually know what the value of instant settlement is yet. It's like asking what the value of the internet is? It's an infrastructure...the value lies in the things we're actually exchanging. Real Estate, automobiles, computers, weapons, oil, electricity, food, water, etc etc.
It's like with SWIFT...you pay a fraction of the actual value you're sending. The system isn't worth more than the value being pushed through it. It's not even close to the value itself. It's a service. And what are people willing to pay for that service?
I suppose we could do outrageous math based on nothing more than our ignorance? SWIFT supposedly swings 1.25 Quadrillion dollars through its system every year. That puts XRP at over $12,000 a coin. LOL. We just blew past the moon and landed in another dimension there. But how are we even measuring that? We're just taking an arbitrary number and multiplying it by another fairly arbitrary number. 
But that's just it; XRP won't be worth more than the value of what goes through it. 
Again, I think we really need to ask ourselves how much the world will value instant transfer of value. Right now we value the instant transfer of information quite a lot cheaper than the value of goods and services that are possible because of the infrastructure. 
I suppose its possible that my brain simply cannot grasp the awe-inspiring reality we're about to embark upon, but I think history teaches us otherwise. We do live in a world with limits, if only temporary. 
For what it's worth (and that's absolutely nothing by the way), I think if XRP hits $50 anytime in the next 10 years it'll be an absolute smash hit success. That's $5 Trillion dollars that could be circulating around to facilitate super quick payments.
And for the record, I hope I'm entirely wrong about this and Zerps end up at $12,500 a coin. I will happily eat my words.

Those are interesting points but not really relevant to my question. My question is from a banking perspective, what would be an optimum price for XRP. My thinking is - due to the intrinsic functionality of XRP, banks might likely in the end be the biggest stake holders and try to drive the price one direction or the other. If that is or became the case, which way would they likely drive it and why? I think the answer to this question might serve us all.