Rough Ride Ahead

7 minutes ago, DntRgeQt said:

Still holding. Still getting same results ;P

The individuals I know that have done well for themselves, don't respond to correction with their dollar value.  If you've really got the money, good on ya, and congrats, but you're not your khakis.

and you're still wrong. :P

Guest DntRgeQt

Just mentioned I'm rich. A fact. I got "mine's",  get "yours" is what I'm trying to simply state.

I'm a holder for life, I face no negatives .  A piggy bank that never runs out.

31 minutes ago, DntRgeQt said:

Just mentioned I'm rich. A fact. I got "mine's",  get "yours" is what I'm trying to simply state.

I'm a holder for life, I face no negatives .  A piggy bank that never runs out.

Exactly, instead of admitting you're wrong, you responded with "i'm rich." 

I don't know what it takes to put a person in a place so low that they can't admit they're  wrong about some really, really inconsequential, trivial BS but I hope it gets better man, sincerely.  I'm sorry for being abrasive, it's just kinda in my nature.  Congrats on a killer trade, and just keep HODL'ing, it'll pay off huge in a year or so.

1 hour ago, Texaschris said:

Just picking up on the general temperature of this place, I'd say most here will write this off as fud and counter with some type of anecdotal what if.  I think you're spot on....in fact, I'm betting money on it.

In an easy shakeout I have us @ 2k. Issues @ 1700.....worst case 1100 usd before we turn the corner.....and the alt world will go down kicking, screaming and wondering why.  I'll be waiting to scoop up some cheap zerps.

I'm sorry guys....I haven't acclimated my brain to satoshis. What would .00005 Satoshis look like in terms of dollars? Or at least, in that analysis. 

2 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

Thank you! Where is that calculator?

GDAX.com - current market price.

if BTC were @ 1700, just multiply the amount time by the future price divided by the current price.

so, .12 x (1700/2400) = .085

Edited by Guystyles
added math

Guys first thanks for all the comments love reading them.

Also for the people that are buying and trusting also have a look at the Sigwit timeline. Nov is another crazy date to watch.

For people looking to buy..... watch the white line in the chart if you get a 1 to 4h candle above this line the trend has change time to long.

There was a guy that posted a chart with a perfect fork showing the same

Untitled.png.9d09b2bbd62c5b7d03a4f24bd3e8e23e.png

Edited by s1buell

11 hours ago, Texaschris said:

So you've never noticed any parallels between BTC movement and XRP trends?

For BTC pairs, should be no news or update or press release or anything to drive the market, BTC is firmly in control of trajectory.

ytSJap.gif

XRP BTC overlay.png

Ohh the whole market moves together???   YEAH NO KIDDING.   When did you find out about crypto June???  Do you realized XRP Quadrupled in relation to BTC from late April to early May and the price has retraced in relation to BTC since????  Is this a joke???  When you are deciding where to put funds XRP or BTC it matters if one goes down 10% and the other goes down 20%.  Not oh yeah it's all going down.  We are talking real money here!!!

Edited by Eric123

3 hours ago, Eric123 said:

Ohh the whole market moves together???   YEAH NO KIDDING.   When did you find out about crypto June???  Do you realized XRP Quadrupled in relation to BTC from late April to early May and the price has retraced in relation to BTC since????  Is this a joke???  When you are deciding where to put funds XRP or BTC it matters if one goes down 10% and the other goes down 20%.  Not oh yeah it's all going down.  We are talking real money here!!!

Read this 3 times.....still doesn't make sense.

You asked the following question:

On 7/12/2017 at 8:54 AM, Eric123 said:

@s1buell If you think BTC is going to crap the bed, and maybe it will - why would ripple go down in relation to BTC ????

To repeat myself, when there is no news, update or press release to fuel the trajectory of an alt, then btc is firmly in control of price action.  Presently XRP has no real news, no real updates and no real press releases, ergo, btc firmly in control of price action.

So, why would ripple go down in relation to BTC? Because presently XRP has no real news, no real updates and no real press releases, ergo, btc is firmly in control of price action.  That means ripple will go down in relation to BTC.  So when BTC tanks because of segwit, unless ripple has an X factor in play, ripple will tank too.

15 minutes ago, Texaschris said:

Read this 3 times.....still doesn't make sense.

You asked the following question:

To repeat myself, when there is no news, update or press release to fuel the trajectory of an alt, then btc is firmly in control of price action.  Presently XRP has no real news, no real updates and no real press releases, ergo, btc firmly in control of price action.

So, why would ripple go down in relation to BTC? Because presently XRP has no real news, no real updates and no real press releases, ergo, btc is firmly in control of price action.  That means ripple will go down in relation to BTC.  So when BTC tanks because of segwit, unless ripple has an X factor in play, ripple will tank too.

Makes sense.

Would you say that's primarily due to any of these?

A. Branding: bitcoin is the big name and therefore is the mental entry point for a lot of people?

B. More crypto money is in the market place and therefore comes from bitcoin as the market moves money around from within its own market (crypto)

C. It's quite tough during the gold rush to actually purchase XRP directly (could take a couple weeks, disincluding if people are moving around more traditional assets to buy new assets) in other words, people want to get it NOW, so they buy crypto with PayPal, credit card, etc via places like coinbase or changelly.

D. (Insert your answer here)

E. a combination of all of the above.

F. Aliens

1 minute ago, Hodlezerper said:

Makes sense.

A. Branding: bitcoin is the big name and therefore is the mental entry point for a lot of people?

B. More crypto money is in the market place and therefore comes from bitcoin as the market moves money around from within its own market (crypto)

C. It's quite tough during the gold rush to actually purchase XRP directly (could take a couple weeks, disincluding if people are moving around more traditional assets to buy new assets) in other words, people want to get it NOW, so they buy crypto with PayPal, credit card, etc via places like coinbase or changelly.

F. Aliens

You left out the illuminati, but you nailed it. XD

All of those factors working in concert produce the parallels between BTC and idling alts.

13 minutes ago, Texaschris said:

You left out the illuminati, but you nailed it. XD

All of those factors working in concert produce the parallels between BTC and idling alts.

Is rothschild an illuminati? My history is a little shaky. Maybe we could create a "Smithers" coin that never goes down, only up. I feel like it would be a hit. It's cryptographically impossible to be worth less. 

Okay seriously, you mentioned in another post somewhere that you thought zerps could be heading north of $1000. (I think this was you??)

As my face melted imagining the near criminal returns that would provide, I wondered how you measured that.

my only limited metric is to maybe imagine how much value XRP as an asset class could represent. In my mind something equivalent to $50 seeemed like the project would be a massive world dominating success as far as "cross border payments" were concerned.

naturally my pea brain wandered to words like "derivatives" and "debt". Of course, I don't actually have a clue WTF derivatives really are, but the question is this...

do you see XRP being used in cases other than cross border payments, or do you think that specific coins will be developed for even more specific use cases? (Derivatives, debt, credit default swaps, chaos, mayhem,)

thanks for your insight. 

Edited by Hodlezerper
Spelling

1 hour ago, Hodlezerper said:

Makes sense.

F. Aliens

It's a combination of all of those, but the main driving force is market capitalization. BTC makes up roughly 40-45% of all cryptocurrencies, ETH is hovering around 20-25%, and Ripple is hovering around 10-15%. BTC's sudden volitality can be explained by it's sudden drop (Feb. 17- present) in market cap from roughly 80-90% to 40-45%; BTC's market cap has been cut in half over the past 6 months: that's insane.  Investing 101 tells you that you should look at the market cap of a stock, not the share price, when you're determining on what to invest in; higher market cap the better, and the reason for this is stability. BTC is clearly sick right now, and for this reason, cryptocurrency is extremely volatile, because no one has any idea what's good in the long term anymore: they don't know where to put their money. 

With that said, XRP isn't dependent upon BTC; they're two separate things. What's happening is that all of cryptos are in a downturn, because there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding cryptos that's directly related to BTC's drastic fall in market cap. The fact that the graphs appear to roughly line up over a 6 month period is not statistically significant; it doesn't mean that BTC is directly affecting XRP. There might be a relationship there to some extent (they're both cryptos) , but it's not a dependent relationship. 

I can show you plenty of unrelated variables that look to be dependent upon eachother when displayed in a graph; graphs are mostly lies. 

Edited by TOTHEMOON

1 minute ago, Hodlezerper said:

Is rothschild an illuminati? My history is a little shaky. Maybe we could create a "Smithers" coin that never goes down, only up. I feel like it would be a hit. It's cryptographically impossible to be worth less. 

Okah seriously, you mentioned in another post somewhere that you thought zerps could be heading north of $1000. (I think this was you??)

As my fave melted imagining the near criminal returns that would provide, I wondered how you measured that.

my only limited metric is to maybe imagine how much value XRP as an asset class could represent. In my mind something equivalent to $50 seeemed like the project would be a massive world dominating success as far as "cross border payments" were concerned.

naturally my pea brain wandered to words like "derivatives" and "debt". Of course, I don't actually have a clue WTF derivatives really are, but the question is this...

do you see XRP being used in cases other than cross border payments, or do you think that specific coins will be developed for even more specific use cases? (Derivatives, debt, credit default swaps, chaos, mayhem,)

thanks for your insight. 

Ripple isn't talking about it, and I hate to be that guy (because hodor is so good at it) but, because ripple is so low key we have to extrapolate their intent by who they gathered (the team) and the size of their target market(s).

Hit their web page and check out the individual back grounds.....write it down on a sheet of paper, and remove the fluff...just names, and where they came from and what they did....then wait for the lightbulb.  (in other words, yes, I see this so far beyond cross border remittance.  That market is the proverbial inch....)

So the starting point for estimating eventual value:

(Swift yearly total/ XRP float) 

(1.27 quadrillion / 100bn) = 1270.00

This is a very rudimentary approach, and a gross over simplification, but it gives us a vantage point from which to appreciate the size of the market....which is scientific terms, is fuuuuu ken yewj.  The reason this occurred to me is that in their own words, they want banks and FI's to hold "piles of XRP."

No bank or FI will hold an instrument, as a store of value, that some dude in a basement with moms credit card could manipulate....so even if I'm wrong, the value post-implementation still has to be very high (to provide stability). 

....and this all assumes success...which....I admit.....isn't really very likely.  They are up against the behemoth. The old guard and the old money, which has spent the last 100 years making sure that nothing like this could happen, and they are very, very good at that.

Time will tell.